Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

poorcody

macrumors 65816
Jul 23, 2013
Page 100!

I find this thread funny, because I bought the latest Mac Mini just when it came out. This is the longest I have ever gone with a computer that hasn't been "replaced" with a newer version.

It's kind of nice to not get "outdated" so quickly... :apple:

I find this thread funny, because I bought the latest Mac Mini just when it came out. This is the longest I have ever gone with a computer that hasn't been "replaced" with a newer version.

It's kind of nice to not get "outdated" so quickly... :apple:

Congratulations! You won the 100 page lottery. Unfortunately, this means that the new mac mini is almost certainly coming next Tuesday.

apfelmann

macrumors 6502
Jul 23, 2007
I just ordered an i7 Mac mini online at a Big German retailer because they had an amazing sale: 600 euros (apple online store 799)

for this price I could not resist, as much as I hate this HD4000

but I mainly want the mini for LOGIC PRO so I guess the graphics are irrelevant

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
These are the only new haswell CPU still not havin an Mac annoucement yet, whos bet at least two of these are aimed at the nMacMini ?

Core i5-4278U
Core i5-4308U
Core i7-4578U

Both have Iris 5100 GPU

Mago

macrumors 68030
Aug 16, 2011
Beyond the Thunderdome
The new CPU from my previous post have the same or lower TDP than current ones on the mac mini, so Apple could fit it in the cuurent mini withou issues, maybe we see only mods, like deleting Firewire and adding another thunderbolt port, remaining 98% same form factor, no cube, no cilinder, dissaponting, but...

Minis gain an at last a decent GPU Iris 5100, and powerful cuadcore i7 @ 3GHZ, plus DDR3-1600 memory, and pcie-ssd, maybe top storage grown to dual 1.5 TB spinner HDD, plus SSD.

I would love to see it as mini-cube mac, or mini cylinder ala mac pro, being realistic, chances are minimal for a form factor renewal.

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Amazon is still out of stock on all models. It's been this way for a long time. It's obvious that they cannot get any more from Apple. Whether this means a new Mini is imminent or maybe that there will not be a next Mini I don't know. But it has to mean something. 2 days until we know.

;-)

mackeroo

macrumors newbie
Jul 9, 2014
Midwest
Amazon is still out of stock on all models. It's been this way for a long time. It's obvious that they cannot get any more from Apple. Whether this means a new Mini is imminent or maybe that there will not be a next Mini I don't know. But it has to mean something. 2 days until we know.

;-)

My Amazon (USA) page shows everything in stock, so maybe 2 more years until we know!

rols

macrumors 6502a
Jan 18, 2008
CONFIRMED LEAK: mac mini is coming Tuesday, FINNNALLY!!

And this confirmed leak is .. where exactly? After 2489 posts just saying "it's coming this Tuesday" needs a bit more to back it up no?

Last edited:

docprego

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2007
Henderson, NV
Best Buy just put the base i5 model on sale again, this time for $489! And the i7 model is $689! Fire Sale! New Mini incoming!

Disclaimer: I have absolutely no solid information. Just calling it as I see it.

cypriot

macrumors regular
Oct 14, 2011
Stocks may be low because the sellers may be cautious about a new product. It has been more than months from the expected update cycle. Similar to our behaviour of not buying the old model and waiting the new one, sellers could rightly think same way. I dont see these being a sign of anything at all.

kwijbo

macrumors regular
Jan 28, 2012
These are the only new haswell CPU still not havin an Mac annoucement yet, whos bet at least two of these are aimed at the nMacMini ?

Core i5-4278U
Core i5-4308U
Core i7-4578U

Both have Iris 5100 GPU

Those are the corresponding Haswell refresh parts for the processors currently used in the 13" rMBP. Its probably more likely they show up in a refresh 13" rMBP.

The new CPU from my previous post have the same or lower TDP than current ones on the mac mini, so Apple could fit it in the cuurent mini withou issues, maybe we see only mods, like deleting Firewire and adding another thunderbolt port, remaining 98% same form factor, no cube, no cilinder, dissaponting, but...

Minis gain an at last a decent GPU Iris 5100, and powerful cuadcore i7 @ 3GHZ, plus DDR3-1600 memory, and pcie-ssd, maybe top storage grown to dual 1.5 TB spinner HDD, plus SSD.

I would love to see it as mini-cube mac, or mini cylinder ala mac pro, being realistic, chances are minimal for a form factor renewal.

None of the processors you mentioned are quad core, all are dual core.

My Amazon (USA) page shows everything in stock, so maybe 2 more years until we know!

As mentioned, they're sold by a 3rd party (DataVision) and has been that way for months now.

Jambalaya

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2013
UK
Tuesday will be the for rMBP's so says the front page, I'm hoping for the 100,000 to 1 shot they sneak in a Mini refresh too :cool:

justinTlME

macrumors 6502
Jul 21, 2014
Tuesday will be the for rMBP's so says the front page, I'm hoping for the 100,000 to 1 shot they sneak in a Mini refresh too :cool:

If they do it, I hope its tomorrow as well (if they are ever going to do it this year….) Because if that happens that will get me within the return window on the Mini I ordered Saturday. Hasn't shipped yet, so I guess I could even cancel it…..

Although, if they solder the RAM consider me out. That was why I bought the 2012…..I think they are going to do that in the next update.

Crosscreek

macrumors 68030
Nov 19, 2013
Margarittaville

If they were coming from China we would probably see some leaks. If they are being built in Texas, maybe not.

-----------------------
$110 off Mac Mini at Best Buy is a great deal.

Last edited:

deconstruct60

macrumors G5
Mar 10, 2009
Amazon is still out of stock on all models. It's been this way for a long time.It's obvious that they cannot get any more from Apple.

Or that they just didn't order any more. Amazon can still track how well, or not, the Mac products are selling through the 3rd parties that sell on their site.
If it isn't high enough volume and/or margins aren't there is no good reason why Amazon has to stock in their warehouse.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.