The new MacBook.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ple, Aug 9, 2007.

1. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

noooo!

now that just looks bad in comparison to the iMac.

2. mysterywhiteboy macrumors newbie

If it had a decent resolution and not the current joke that is 1280 x 800 I would buy it, even if it looked as hideous as that!

3. tsvb macrumors 6502

1280x800 on a 13.3" display is a joke? Honestly?

4. timestoby macrumors 6502

wow,that looks like a sony lappy.well good thing i didnt buy one just yet.hope it comes with the x3100 gma

edit: the blk makes it look odd.they should make the blk grey so it matches the rest

5. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

NNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Stig

6. mysterywhiteboy macrumors newbie

Its the one thing making me want to go for a Pro, My 11.1" Sony Vaio's screen has 1366x768. Moving onto a considerably larger screen with a smaller horizontal resolution just makes everything feel HUGE!

Its a shame because I love everything else about the MacBook and much prefer the keyboard compared to the Pro.

7. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Well just makes me glad I already bought my MB....

8. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I like how the picture says "Coming Soon". Have often does Apple put "Coming Soon" on new hardware! Lol, I think that is a joke. It doesn't happen a lot, and I don't think it would ever happen with a MB or any other Mac.

The Stig

9. ple thread starter macrumors newbie

ple

10. DMC-12 macrumors 6502

DMC-12

^^^^^^^^^^I seriously think this is the MacBook of the future. ^^^^^^^^

I guess it's just Apple's new definition of "consumer-grade."

11. giganten macrumors 6502a

12. mowlavie macrumors member

is that really it?

is this really the new macbook, and if it is, what is the price range? thnx:):):):eek:

13. matthewp macrumors member

I sorta like it... I think the black would end up looking too smudged with fingerprints though! Like a HP Pavilion lappy. Works fine for the iMac cos you're not constantly opening/closing/touching that black border...

14. saberlam macrumors newbie

I think next gen macbook would have new design, maybe the similar as this picture....one absolute thing is that macbook 99.9% would not use sucking GMA950 in next version.

For me, i surely would not buy macbook at this moment. That built-in GMA950 is too weak to handle 3D graphic layout, not to mention next version os - leopard.

I am now thinking buying a 15 inch macbook pro or waiting for a new version macbook.

15. The Stig macrumors 6502a

The Stig

I hope you were joking... if not, no, somebody photoshopped that.

The Stig

16. BrittQ macrumors regular

The next update/revision

Anyone expect the next revision to be at MWSF '08? or before, or after...?

17. yukon0013 macrumors regular

yukon0013

18. Zadiek macrumors member

You really think they would release a new macbook this soon?(October)
    I mean, they just released an update to it. To me, it seems if they released a new mac so close to another one(May) it would be terrible for PR. I for one would be upset. I was planning on buying a macbook tomorrow, but I don't want to get shafted on such an expensive piece of equipment.

19. RonJ83 macrumors member

it looks alright, a little too much like the iMac but not too bad. if its multicolor than its going to be tacky as hell.

20. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

if they do that, I pray to God, they do it AFTER I buy mine....

21. zephead macrumors 68000

zephead

I'd buy it if it was all aluminum, but it looks a bit mismatched with black top, aluminum bottom, and white keyboard/trackpad. The white keyboard/trackpad could stay though.

22. Zadiek macrumors member

Yeah the current Macbooks defiantly look better. The only thing that makes me maybe want to wait to get one is the addition of a dedicated graphics card. I probably wouldn't need it though, since I won't be playing any recent games on it. Does the gpu affect photo or video editing though? From what I have heard, those are done mostly on the cpu.

23. HexZeroRouge macrumors newbie

it reminds me of an uh-oh oreo.

i really dont think that we will see an update until after september 16th because of the whole college promotion. Apple can easily empty out their inventory using this promotion.

24. saberlam macrumors newbie

Macbook surely will not have dedicated display card, if it has, who is going to spend a double price to buy a macbook pro~~~~

The colour, design of macbook and macbook pro will not be changed probably. iMac is used at home, it can have a big change in its look. But macbook and macbook pro is a portable one. It would not have much change in its look. If its look has changed, it will make many people angry !!!!

However, next update of macbook would 99.9% have its rubblish built-in card updated to GMA X3100 or etc. With this much more powerful built-in card, i think it can handle all of the 3D effect and shadow graphic layout in Leopard with super smoothy. And it would lower the CPU work when you watch HD video. I can see the GMA950 is too weak to handle even a video and it eats much of the processing power of the Core 2 duo when watching movie.

APPLE APPLE, please update your macbook with GMA X3100 as soon as possible. I am eager to buy this new macbook without any doubt.

Love Apple, Mac OS - Most powerful OS ^^