Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Sounds like someone who doesn't work.

It's Apple's job to sell you Apple products. If you think Apple Music sucks, use a competitor.

Simple Econ 101

I just wanna hear the music I ALREADY OWN. I don't wanna subscribe to an online service. I want MY music on MY iPhone. What's so bad about that?

If I wanna go to the artist I'm currently listening to (and have Apple Music turned off), it should go to MY SONGS by that Artist.

Reactions: Shirasaki and Loge

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
That doesn't do a local search. It searches everything I have ever bought on iTunes, whether or not I have it stored on the device.
Hmm. For me it only searches local contents. Perhaps I have no hidden/cloud items in library so I am not aware of it.

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
So, brcause they don't need that they don't want to make that.
A super selfish company.

Jesu start using android or something so we don´t have to see you complain!!!

Apple are making the Music App so the majority of the user like it.
They will NEVER make it what a small number whiny people like it to be.
The funny thing is many complain but they never know HOW it´s should be.
If they do they want it to be as it used to be.No sence for change.
[doublepost=1471742705][/doublepost]
Not for me.

To bad for you but it was back already in beta 6 for me.

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
Taping on the artist only brings you to that single album that the song belongs to.

Yes you are right and i´m wrong.
But you have never been able to tap on the song you are playing and it brings you to the artist what i remember.
It always bring you to the album.
I

Jayson A

macrumors 68030
Sep 16, 2014
Yes you are right and i´m wrong.
But you have never been able to tap on the song you are playing and it brings you to the artist what i remember.
It always bring you to the album.
I

In iOS 9, tapping the artist name while viewing an album would bring you to that artist, but in iOS 10, that brings you to Apple Music instead of just albums you own.

Reactions: GoGa

Shirasaki

macrumors P6
May 16, 2015
Jesu start using android or something so we don´t have to see you complain!!!
Oh god. We complain because we think it is not good, either for me or for a group of people.
If we dont complain, either we dont care, or we have nothing to complain.
I am done.
[doublepost=1471786920][/doublepost]
They're selfish for not doing what you want them to?
I am pretty sure I am not alone on this one. Even though splitting local music playback and Apple Music into two apps is unnecessary anyway, current form is just a total mess.
Nevertheless, I am done.

Lappen71

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2012
Oh god. We complain because we think it is not good, either for me or for a group of people.
If we dont complain, either we dont care, or we have nothing to complain.
I am done.
[doublepost=1471786920][/doublepost]
I am pretty sure I am not alone on this one. Even though splitting local music playback and Apple Music into two apps is unnecessary anyway, current form is just a total mess.
Nevertheless, I am done.[/QUOTE]

Thank you...thank you

mostlydave

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2011
What on earth made anyone think this:
View attachment 639786
Is a better idea than this:
View attachment 639787

Also, hoping it's a bug but ALL of my playlists show under 'Recently Added' before any of the new actual music I've added does

I think this is a little disingenuous to anyone not using the beta. The bottom picture is still what you see if select an artist and an album and start playing a song.

The top picture is what you see when you tap on the currently playing song.

Your post makes it seem like that's what you see by default.

ConnYoungy

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 14, 2010
So the first screenshot and the image on the right in the second screenshot are the same...

Sharkey311

Suspended
Jan 11, 2013
Is anyone else really disappointed with this design? It's so....bland!

I loved the way in iOS9 each screen would be totally differently coloured depending on the artwork of the artist, and the 'now playing' screen also was subtly coloured by that out of focus glass overlay.

Now everything's just white and plain, and SO BIG.
Agreed. I have no idea why they thought this new design would be better than iOS 9...I just wish they would go back to the iOS 6 design sans the skeumorphism. I loved the silver metallic style though.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
So the first screenshot and the image on the right in the second screenshot are the same...

People complained the status bar bled into the album art and also complained the controls were too small. Apple changed that and now you're on the other side of the fence. Which just proves Apple or any company cannot please everyone no matter what is done. There will always be people who like This or That.

elfary

macrumors regular
Sep 22, 2012
People complained the status bar bled into the album art and also complained the controls were too small. Apple changed that and now you're on the other side of the fence. Which just proves Apple or any company cannot please everyone no matter what is done. There will always be people who like This or That.

iOS 9 now playing screen without the status bar is best now playing screen.

iOS 10 now playing screen is lame enough to be way worse than iOS 9 screen even with the ugly status bar.

Without Steve Jobs music app has been a mixed bag ever since iOS 7.

lagwagon

Suspended
Oct 12, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
iOS 9 now playing screen without the status bar is best now playing screen.

iOS 10 now playing screen is lame enough to be way worse than iOS 9 screen even with the ugly status bar.

Without Steve Jobs music app has been a mixed bag ever since iOS 7.

That's only your opinion. Why must you act as if it's fact. You totally missed the point I made. No company, no design will make everyone happy, and in no way does it make that good or bad design.

Why is it always the "go to" response of complainers to bring up Steve Jobs? That's so childish.

StonewallBrown

macrumors regular
Mar 25, 2013
Could the new app be better? Sure. I've yet to see a perfect app. That said, I like the new app and I'm interested in where it goes from here.

Reactions: hojx

entropi

macrumors 6502a
May 20, 2008
iOS 9 musicplayer is such a waste of space on my 6S+ (as all of iOS always is) IMHO, but I'm not interested in iOS 10 - they change something and break something - just so we will have a reason to upgrade to iOS 11...
(I can't play music while taking photos with the camera app, that will be fixed in 10, it's just so s t r a n g e that it couldn't be fixed in 9 already. Your tricks are getting old Apple, it's not just me :p )

Reactions: jonnyb098

theyearof84

macrumors member
Jul 11, 2008
Reality
That's only your opinion. Why must you act as if it's fact. You totally missed the point I made. No company, no design will make everyone happy, and in no way does it make that good or bad design.

Why is it always the "go to" response of complainers to bring up Steve Jobs? That's so childish.

As someone who has repeatedly stated they do UX design paired with visual design for their occupation, I have to side with the people who are saying the experience using the new iOS 10 music app is horrid.

Look no further than Spotify to see how to do a Now Playing screen right. Primary controls are large but not obnoxious, and secondary + tertiary controls are still within reach without having to scroll. I repeat, there is NO SCROLLING. Leaving interactions that many people use to control their music (i.e. Shuffle, Repeat) below the "imaginary" fold and thus the possibility that people might not discover those controls. This, in addition to having the ability to select your input without pushing those other secondary controls off the screen. Aside from that, accessing your actual queue is just a tap away, conveniently located at the top of the album art on the right side. The only negative I'll give Spotify is that unless you have multiple outputs / devices, you cannot access the volume slider (although one could in return argue that the whole brilliance of Spotify is that you can beam music and control it from one device to the next, so in theory you're almost always likely to have multiple devices).

We're never all going to agree on the aesthetics of how a certain native app might look since that can be fairly subjective, but it's pretty difficult to dispute that from a simple user experience perspective, one fairly outdoes the other.

Reactions: IronWaffle

zorinlynx

macrumors G3
May 31, 2007
Florida, USA
I think what most people are upset about is that Apple has gotten away from the simplicity and ease of use of the music app in the past.

I have an iPod Touch in my car running iOS 5.1.1; it basically handles music for my car, and I sync to it via WiFi which reaches my driveway. If I play around with it and use the Music app, I actually feel SAD because the app is so awesome and I long for that app again on my phone.

The closest thing I've found to the iOS 6 and prior music app is Cesium from the app store. But even Cesium doesn't quite match the performance and simplicity of the iOS 6 music app.

Apple decided to make the app all needlessly fancy, inefficiently using available screen space and losing a lot of the smoothness the music app used to have. The iOS 10 music app is actually a step in the right direction, but it needs to be more like it was in iOS 6 and prior.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.