The New Silhouette Ads: Eminem

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Yes please do share. Just under one week without internet again and tons of changes missed! :(

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
grapes911 said:
Anyone have it to share?
Yes i would love to get it... i had it... i actually watched it twice on apples web site but then i closed it and didn't save it.

I'm sad now because it was astounding and i want to see it again :(

Mac_Freak

macrumors 6502a
Apr 22, 2005
Phat_Pat said:
Yes i would love to get it... i had it... i actually watched it twice on apples web site but then i closed it and didn't save it.

I'm sad now because it was astounding and i want to see it again :(
Yeah, I did the same thing, what a bummer!

I really like it, lots of color, though on the orange side, very organic and fluid.
That is really good pice of work.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Didn't do much for me, but commercials rarely do.

Didn't seem like enough to have to sit through twice, neither of them did.

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
I thought it was great, but it would have been much better if it was a current song. Apple always uses new and about to become popular songs for their commercials. This song is from 3+ years ago.

splacid

macrumors newbie
Aug 17, 2004
The only reason I can think of is the ad mentions Eminem's upcoming greatest hits album, "Curtain Call - The Hits." It is slated for release on December 5, so maybe his record label didn't want it mentioned so early? (Not sure why, being mentioned in an iTunes + iPod TV ad is sure to boost album sales!)

If anyone downloaded the ad, please provide a mirror!

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
splacid said:
The only reason I can think of is the ad mentions Eminem's upcoming greatest hits album, "Curtain Call - The Hits." It is slated for release on December 5, so maybe his record label didn't want it mentioned so early? (Not sure why, being mentioned in an iTunes + iPod TV ad is sure to boost album sales!)

If anyone downloaded the ad, please provide a mirror!
i think its actually him in the ad.

also stevo said they've been working on it for 2 and a half years :eek:

though i'm sure it was mostly an idea for most of that time.......

the ad includes the new iPod in it.... so it must of been made recently

rockandrule

macrumors 6502
Aug 3, 2004
Jacksonville, FL
That was a completely impecible ad from Apple. They really showed what they could elaborate off of with their prior stature. The only problem now is, where's the video? If I buy a new iPod I definitely want that video on there, so put it up on iTunes, Apple! You showed it to us, now give it to us!

mrwilly123

macrumors member
Jun 3, 2003
Phat_Pat said:
i think its actually him in the ad.

also stevo said they've been working on it for 2 and a half years :eek:

though i'm sure it was mostly an idea for most of that time.......

the ad includes the new iPod in it.... so it must of been made recently
I'm sure that most of the 2.5 years they spent working on it was spent perfecting the overall style (which is amazing) rather than the depiction of the iPod itself. I doubt that it would be that hard for them to add a screen to the iPod once Apple decided that that's what they wanted.

iDM

macrumors 6502a
Phat_Pat said:
Did anyone else see this?

Its AMAZING.

Apple had it on their site for a little then took it off :confused:

What do you guys think of it?
I dislike Eminem, I dislike his music, his voice and his beats both main stream and underground annoy me, the whole thug/white trash/bleached blonde hair with a matching crustasche doesn't do it for me.

On the other hand I did like the filming and the paint splat with every step, i just really wish it was a different musician. But if it works and sells what does it make what i think!!

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I Live Where I Live
mrwilly123 said:
I'm sure that most of the 2.5 years they spent working on it was spent perfecting the overall style (which is amazing) rather than the depiction of the iPod itself. I doubt that it would be that hard for them to add a screen to the iPod once Apple decided that that's what they wanted.
true. the overall style is amazing

BurtonCCC

macrumors 65816
May 2, 2005
Wheaton/Normal, IL
I think it's horrendous.

It takes away the simplistic beauty that Apple is and replaces it with a flashy, no-talent rap star that will appeal to the masses.

I'm scared for Apple and their intentions. I really am. I know they're trying to make a living, but this looks like the first step in becoming mainstream. That is a nightmare for me. To see the most innovative and aesthetically simple, yet perfect and effective, marketing images in the business fall and start to try to please the Windows users is very upsetting to me.

That's me though.

Daniel.

p0intblank

macrumors 68030
Sep 20, 2005
New Jersey
The ad is definitely very well done. It has the classic silohuette (sp?) look, but done differently this time and I love it! :D I'm not a big fan of Eminem anymore, but the new ad still kicks ass.