The new Voice Memos icon is so ugly! Why did they have to change it?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BobHail, Nov 23, 2010.

1. BobHail macrumors 6502a

The "microphone" in the icon is plain white now, what´s up with that? Before it actually looked like a real microphone. And the blue theme is already used by many other Apple apps. The red theme was much nicer.

Why did they had to "fix" something that wasn´t broken?

And now it is.

2. iBryton macrumors regular

Unfortunately it's one of these times where the "iTunes" logo had changed. I'm so sorry the Voice Memo icon has changed and I wish you the best in other logo changes in the future.

Best Wishes,
    iBryton

3. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well actually the iTunes logo change made sense since the CD is dead and is better looking now anyways.

It´s ok to change the icons if they make them better. But in this case they took huge step back. This I don´t understand. Why?

4. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

This...they seem to be trending toward a blue theme (voice memo, Safari, Mail, App Store, Remote, etc.) Must be part of some larger aesthetic.

5. Moyank24 macrumors 601

Moyank24

I didn't even notice the change to be honest...But looking at it, I would have to agree with everyone else. Definitely seems to be more in line with how the other logos look.

6. HeezyBear macrumors regular

I don't know, man. I called my mother about this last night. I was afraid I might wake her up being as though it was 2am, but actually she was still awake. Apparently she couldn't go to sleep because she kept thinking how aesthetically displeasing the new icon was. I asked her if she knew why they had to change it, but unfortunately she had no idea. Hopefully someone within the confines of Apple can come here and explain it to us. For now I'm going to avoid taking voice memos as much as possible. This is unacceptable. So much blue.

7. Mliii macrumors 65816

Mliii

+1 And I agree that it's ugly. I also think the new icon for iTunes is ugly as well. But beauty being in the eye of the beholder and all of that...

8. psac macrumors 6502a

psac

Sweet!
    :apple:

9. iBryton macrumors regular

"I'm returning my phone!!"

10. ozzyman500 macrumors 65816

The new icon is sooo much better, one of the few things I was looking forward to in 4.2. I don't like red much. I love Netflix but I hate their icon. Seems to angry.

11. rwilliams macrumors 68040

rwilliams

But everybody has blue icons. There's a site that counted all of the blue app icons, and it's a very high percentage of all available apps. I wish I could find it.

12. kas23 macrumors 603

kas23

I know this was not your thinking, but Apple's. That said, it is very flawed logic. Using this same logic, iTunes shouldn't even have a music note on the icon either because it sells much more than music (movies, podcasts, iPad/iPhone/iPod apps, etc.). What it should have is a big fat dollar sign.

13. BobHail thread starter macrumors 6502a

That´s true.

14. siufai macrumors member

15. ajarnfalang macrumors regular

OLD

[​IMG]

NEW

[​IMG]

I like the new one better. It stands out.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

16. Resist macrumors 68030

I am also getting sick of Apple changing things so soon. Seems like we can't go a few months anymore without a so called visual "update".

17. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

If jailbroken, you can do the following to change app icons:
    Copypasta'd from
    http://forums.ilounge.com/hacks-mods/244895-replace-change-application-icon-can-done.html
    Which provides a further discussion.

18. murdercitydevil macrumors 68000

murdercitydevil

19. StuddedLeather macrumors 6502a

I didn't even notice this change. . .

That's probably because it's in a folder with Stocks and the Compass.

20. Chunkycat macrumors 6502

Made my day! :D

Now regarding the icon in question, I didn't really notice the change but now when I look at it, I do like the old one better - not that it matters much, a tiny icon is not the most important thing in an iPhone.:apple:

21. jacollins macrumors 6502a

Steve's following his heart, and he knows better than you the best icon color for you. On the other hand, he might have gotten up on the wrong side of the bed and said to himself "You know, let's screw around with BobHail's icons and drive him batty". Naaww... :)

22. shandyman Suspended

didn't that change back in june with 4.0??

23. elmo151 Guest

life can be difficult. If this a a big problem for you then you are a very fortunate person

24. TimSHB macrumors newbie

TimSHB

Agreed, I liked the old icon better. Oh well.

25. i3igsmooth5769 macrumors 6502a

i3igsmooth5769

since im still on 4.1...havent had a chance to check out the new icon...but man is that ugly....oh well its just an icon