The next iWork

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by jeremyisweary, Apr 13, 2010.

1. jeremyisweary macrumors member

jeremyisweary

I'm considering buying iWork to replace the MS Office suite on my mac. Has anyone heard anything about the possibility of iWork '10 coming out soon? Should I wait?

2. happygareth macrumors newbie

I'm not sure I recall seeing much in the way of information for the next iWork. The release dates for previous iWork releases are:

iWork '05 1/22/2005
    iWork '06 1/10/2006
    iWork '08 8/7/2007
    iWork '09 1/6/2009

...not much help is it? :rolleyes:

3. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

Just as a guess, I'd say fall, 2010. iPhone OS 4.0 for iPad is due out then which would likely lead to some updates in the iWork for iPad apps. Updating the Mac versions at the same time would seem reasonable. It also falls into the recent 18-month or so pattern.

4. jumpthegap macrumors newbie

I was also thinking about this as well as ilife. Im new to this so how do updates work? If I buy ilife and iwork 09 then 10 comes out in the fall do I pay a small update or would I have to buy all new?

5. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

May be announced or released this year at WWDC.

6. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

There have never been discounted upgrade prices for either iLife or iWork. Both are full price new versions. But, then you can sell or give the prior versions to anyone.

7. jeremyisweary thread starter macrumors member

jeremyisweary

Thanks for the replies everyone. I went ahead and bought it, because I need it. No use in delaying the inevitable I guess. Frankly, I was getting tired of MS Office '08. And since I didn't have to buy Office, I didn't mind spending money on iWork - which happens to be cheaper.

8. jumpthegap macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Just ordered iWork. £53 from amazon.co.uk if anyones interested. Pretty pretty pretty good price.

9. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

That sounds rather expensive…

EDIT: I see Apple is ripping you UK folks off. Guess I'm not surprised and quite sorry to see.