The night before WWDC, and things don't seem quite right.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CherryJello, Jun 7, 2009.

1. CherryJello macrumors regular

Am I the only one who thinks something strange is going on?

What I mean by that is the rumors are all over the place this year. Everything from 99 dollar iPhones, video chat, a back lit Apple Logo, OLED screens, a Verizon iPhone, ect. ect.. There doesn't seem to be a real clear consensus on what the new iPhone has in store except video and bigger storage sizes.

Also the "leaked" images have been coming on strong these last few days but almost all have been proven fake. No one really has an idea what the new iPhone is going to look like.

It seems strange to me how last year, the iPhone 3G features were locked down a week before WWDC. 3G, GPS a plastic back...even the colors of black and white where known..this time, nothing of the sort.

This to me means two things...the iPhone will either have a very limited upgrade, or maybe, something extraordinary...which has made Apple crack down hard on leaks this time around.

Besides very basic and expected upgrades, we are truly clueless about the new iPhone. Which one can say is either disappointing because that means advancements in hardware will be limited or just maybe, something big is about to happen....

2. DeathChill macrumors 68000

I am just expecting a slight upgrade. I don't think there's going to be any surprises and all of the stuff we know is really all that we're going to see.

3. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

I know one guy who won't be stressing being near a computer around 10 tomorrow. This guy.

4. CherryJello thread starter macrumors regular

That might very well be true. Which I'm okay with because I would love to record video, however it would be nice to get something more.

5. Craiger macrumors 6502a

Craiger

I was thinking the same thing. Things just don't seem quite as exciting this time around which unfortunately probably means a less the spectacular upgrade. :(

6. duelingdragons macrumors 65816

lol, same
    I don't care THAT much about this ****

7. fratboy macrumors regular

or more.. its better to be surprised then know EVERYTHING right?

8. peteryan7hao macrumors regular

peteryan7hao

Im hoping there are no changes in the iPhone LOL

9. skwoytek macrumors 6502a

Steve Jobs has been sitting at home for six months playing around in photoshop.

Of course we're confused.

10. LePigeonBleu macrumors 6502

i agree that there has been bad rumors, and more fake photos...

i don't think anything is up though. i think apple will be apple and shock us as usual... well, mostly.

mark

11. gusapple macrumors 6502a

gusapple

My guess is that we'll see a repeat of Macworld. :( Too bad that somebody with energy and passion isn't doing the Keynote tomorrow.

12. CherryJello thread starter macrumors regular

It definitely is, last year there wasn't one surprise about the iPhone except the rumors about prices, which were very vague and last minute from what I remember.

13. jpk32092 macrumors 6502

wasn't last year a less than spectacular upgrade? Sure we got 3G, but thats pretty much it. oh yeah, i forgot about the pretty colors.

14. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

i think most of the images posted have been fake. the only real images imo are the chinese ones showing the compass and the really old image of the matte black back case. all the others are most likely shops, even if they may turn out to be accurate in what they depict.

i dont think the oled screen was ever a legitimate rumor, just something the posters here wanted. i dont even know if the light up apple and the black bezel rumors had a legitimate basis in reality. its so easy for someone to start a rumor these days and have the masses turn it into a "real rumor".

15. bradenwh macrumors 6502

I think it's safe to say that tomorrow's iPhone upgrade will be substantial. With the competitive Pre now in the wild and technology always advancing, they'd be stupid not to make it worth something.

I agree. When I look back on it, the iPhone 3G was barely an upgrade at all. It pretty much brought it up to par with the 2+ year old technology that most other phones had. Kinda of sucky upgrade, if you ask me.

16. CherryJello thread starter macrumors regular

Haha, very true.. I need my reality distorted, albeit for just a little while..

17. jarenado macrumors regular

jarenado

18. ryant601 macrumors member

19. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

I am just hoping the case shape stays the same, as my girlfriends parents bought me a nice case for when I buy my iPhone in a little bit here. I have a gift receipt if it won't fit though...I just really like the case.

20. CherryJello thread starter macrumors regular

I wouldn't worry about that. Those kind of drastic changes probably won't be made for a couple more years.

21. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Nothing will be as big and exciting as the introduction of the first iPhone because it was so revolutionary. You will have upgrades every year but it becomes so, so after the second and third time around. Plus most people have this bad economy to deal with.

22. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

23. beg_ne macrumors 6502

I don't recall about the iPhone rumors specifically but there always seems to be a lot of rumors, a lot of fake photos, and a lot of so-called photoshop experts disproving photos... some of which turn out to be real (see: Unibody photos).

Best thing to do is take all rumors with a grain of salt, don't go in expecting anything specific and just let yourself be pleasantly surprised with whatever turns out to be real.

13 hours to go.

24. trainguy77 macrumors 68040

Its a hard shell case so even the smallest of change and it won't fit properly. Its not the end of the world exchanging it though. If new cases are on the shelf in time. If not i will just get a gift card and wait. :)

25. coolant113 macrumors 6502

coolant113

im thinking that they kept secrecy to this iphone upgrade the upmost priority. Absolutely no leaks at all... besides "controlled leaks" so to say..
    they are gonna blow our minds away tomorrow:apple::apple: