Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
fishcalmer said:
Judging by your most recent post Sweden wins!!!
I'm still very sceptic, last TNT tracking point was in Helsinborg, that's very far from Stockholm. :rolleyes:
20 maj 2005 01:12 Helsingborg Hub Consignment Received At Transit Point

grorun

macrumors newbie
May 5, 2005
taxes

Anyone know what this mean?

20 mai 2005 09:33 Oslo Held Customs-awaiting Payment Of Duties/taxes From Receiver

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
fishcalmer said:
Judging by your most recent post Sweden wins!!!
Argh, TNT are such good damn amateurs!!!
I phoned them today and now they say it will come on Monday!
If it wasn't because I have an exam on Wednesday and really have to study this weekend I'd be really pissed off. And I sure would not have been so polite to the TNT lady I spoke to on the telephone! :mad:

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
Well, my iMac is out for delivery as of this morning (07.46 am) but no sign of it arriving yet, time is now (13.08).

I am going to be really disappointed if it doesn't come today. I bet I'll have the good fortune of my package being the last to be delivered with a driver who wants to go home early, thus leaving the package for a Monday delivery.

Come on TNT! Make me happy!

miked_in_canada

macrumors member
May 20, 2005
Hi there, I'm a first time but by no means a last time poster,

I ordered a 17" iMac w/250GB and BT Mouse+Keyboard on Saturday, May 14 through apple.ca w/EDU discount. It was processed the next day and has since sat at the "sent to manufacturing" stage ever since. I'm Canadian and I'm told by an Apple Rep that it can sit at this stage for 2-3 days. There is no estimated ship date as yet, and I'm starting to wonder how long I can expect to wait.

From reading this thread, it seems to vary quite a bit.

Anyone care to educate this mac newb?

TorontoAllan

macrumors newbie
May 12, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Sent to Manufacturing

miked_in_canada said:

I ordered a 17" iMac w/250GB and BT Mouse+Keyboard on Saturday, May 14 through apple.ca w/EDU discount. It was processed the next day and has since sat at the "sent to manufacturing" stage ever since. I'm Canadian and I'm told by an Apple Rep that it can sit at this stage for 2-3 days. There is no estimated ship date as yet, and I'm starting to wonder how long I can expect to wait.

All I can tell you is that my order sat for a full week at Sent to Manufacturing. And all I wanted was the 400GB hard drive and the wireless keyboard. It was there so long that I memorized my web order number because I had to type it in so often.

You should also probably pay for the expedited shipping. I was quoted 12 days on my shipping after it was shipped! I think the website says it will be up to 8 days, but that is just wrong. Now, four days into the shipping process, my order still isn't showing up on the Same Day Right O'Way shipping system. I can't even tell if it is still on the dock in Shanghai or whether it is in Timbuktu.

Allan

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
miked_in_canada said:

I ordered the exact same thing as you except without the EDU discount. Mine has been sitting at "sent to manufacturing" for a whole week already and still is. 2-3 days??? I dont think so.

thorshammer88

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2005
Well, 16 days after I ordered it and two delays fedex is now showing that its on the truck for delivery today. Is it just me or are the shipping times stated on Apple's website basically worthless. When I ordered the shipping time was 1-3 days, mine took a bit longer.

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
WHOO HOO!

It arrived about an hour and a half ago. Transferred all of my stuff onto it from my Mac Mini and let me tell you, I am so impressed.

The box it came in was massive and really heavy and when I unwrapped it I couldn't believe how big the 20" iMac is!

Seriously impressed, also very impressed,with my Altec Lansing FX6021 speakers that I ordered along with the computer.

All around very happy and well worth the wait.

thorshammer88

macrumors member
Jan 19, 2005
This is really messed up, now fedex took the "out for delivery" off of the tracking page. Has this happened to anybody? Know what it means?

devilot

Moderator emeritus
May 1, 2005
killuminati said:
I ordered the exact same thing as you except without the EDU discount. Mine has been sitting at "sent to manufacturing" for a whole week already and still is. 2-3 days??? I dont think so.

That stinks! Maybe it's because you guys are in Canada? I ordered the 20" w/ upgraded ram w/the edu discount and mine was literally stated as "sent to manufacturing" in China for 2 days. As I type it's in Indianapolis waiting at a sorting facility.

Oh yeah, I ordered it Saturday May 14.

moogman

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2003
Cheshire, UK
Bass said:
WHOO HOO!

All around very happy and well worth the wait.

pics man... we need pics!

just looked on the UK store today... and whereas yesterday it said Ready to ship in : 7 days, it now says 24 hours!!!

of course... I'll believe it when I see it...

all this talk of iMacs arriving isnt doing me any good... still trying desperately to tell myself i dont need one... (itll never work... lol)

p.

Bass

macrumors regular
May 13, 2005
UK
moogman said:
pics man... we need pics!

just looked on the UK store today... and whereas yesterday it said Ready to ship in : 7 days, it now says 24 hours!!!

of course... I'll believe it when I see it...

all this talk of iMacs arriving isnt doing me any good... still trying desperately to tell myself i dont need one... (itll never work... lol)

p.

Heheh, I'll try to get some piccies sorted as soon as possible. My Digital Camera's on the blink at the moment though.

I'll see what I can do :)

Oh, and you know you should treat yourself every once in a while dude!

EDIT:
Got a couple of pictures up, taken with my phone so the quality isn't brilliant.

Attachments

• Close.JPG
    Close.JPG
    156.8 KB · Views: 152
  • iMac Setup.JPG
    iMac Setup.JPG
    143.6 KB · Views: 166

iJaz

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2004
Bass said:
Heheh, I'll try to get some piccies sorted as soon as possible. My Digital Camera's on the blink at the moment though.

EDIT:
Got a couple of pictures up, taken with my phone so the quality isn't brilliant.
Nice, congratulations! :)
And no, I'm not jealous at all... :rolleyes:

adam1185

macrumors regular
Apr 30, 2004
yvovandoorn said:
Why didn't you demand a new one. It clearly falls under the DOA warranty and 14 day return policy. It seems a lot of users aren't aware of this.

Ah crap, too late now :(

miked_in_canada

macrumors member
May 20, 2005
So I called Apple feeling a bit dorkish, she was awesome.

She told me that my iMac is slated to be shipped out in the next 6 to 12 hours and that it would be shipped from Sacramento, California.

I didn't pop for the extra shipping so its coming ground and she recounted the standard 8-12 business days. My order status hasn't changed yet, but I'll trust the Apple reps on this one. Its much nicer to believe them, then not.

Oh, one other thing: I got this Mac with 512 MB of RAM. Is this going to be enough to run Tiger and iLife etc. etc.?

Also, does anyone else have a modded x box? I'd like to be able to ftp to it from my Mac. Is there a built in client for that? Normally I connect to my PC via a crossover cable. I'm sure Mac has a simpler way to do this. Anyway, my first mac so I'm a little excited.

moogman

macrumors member
Nov 3, 2003
Cheshire, UK
Bass said:

EDIT:

oooh nice... :D

i know... apple keep on telling me "treat myself" too... must resist... must resist...

hehe... i see you too have been to ikea :)

sethypoo

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2003
Sacramento, CA, USA
I ordered a 20" model for my mom with the wireless bundle (mouse and keyboard for $54, what a deal!) on Tuesday night around midnight. It's still under "sent to manufacturing." I hope it arrives after May 31st, I'll be unavailable until then!

Macinbest

macrumors newbie
May 8, 2005
yay.png

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Will open it later though... have to clean up my desk for it, which will take a bit. Pics after hopefully :)

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Im kind of disappointed.

I just found out that my iMac will be shipped via Same Day instead of FedEx. That means that I won't be able to track it until it comes to Canada. It's coming direct into Vancouver....I LIVE IN VANCOUVER.

I remember with my powerbook last year that was sent via fex ed, It came from asia, then travelled around the US for a bit then came to Vancouver. After it arrived in Vancouver, I got it the next day.

So basically, I won't be able to track it until the day before I will get it. yay :rolleyes:

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
47 hours From Order -> Door!

I've really had the best luck ever with delivery of my iMac.

Ordered on Wednesday at 1300. Arrived today (Friday) at 1200. Less than 48 hours from order to delivery.

It's a 20" and it's gorgeous :p Bumped the RAM up to 1.5gigs (which was actually more of a struggle than normal... the chip didn't want to fit in so what I had to do was swap the pre-installed one into the other slot and put the new one in slot1. Clicked OK then.. think the RAM might have been slightly malformed) Just done a quick stress test playing WoW at full graphic options and it performed superbly. I'm a very happy lad.

I'll post pictures next week... For now (and this will probably sicken you) I have to put it back in its box and hide it. I have my final two ever University exams next week and if I put the iMac out on my desk I'll never ever study for them. :p

killuminati

macrumors 68020
Dec 6, 2004
Pring said:
Ordered on Wednesday at 1300. Arrived today (Friday) at 1200. Less than 48 hours from order to delivery.

Wow, you have no idea how jealous I am of you. Was yours BTO?

Mine is BTO and it took 7 days just until it shipped.

Pring

macrumors 6502
Sep 17, 2003
killuminati said:
Wow, you have no idea how jealous I am of you. Was yours BTO?

Mine is BTO and it took 7 days just until it shipped.

Not BTO, no. 20" Stock from the AppleStore for Higher Education in the UK. I imagine I was just lucky and a batch arrived at the distribution centre as my order was being processed.

fishcalmer

macrumors member
May 2, 2005
Sarff-ov-London
GOT IT!!!!!

I couldn't wait so i just went and picked it up from the local TNT depot, Haven't taken it out of its box yet, but if its the same size as the picture on the box....its MASSIVE :D

Won't be able to set it up til tomorrow, i'll try and post some pics then!

:D :D :cool: :D

Btw for those of you have just placed an order mine took:

18 days or
432 hours or
25,920 minutes or
1,555,200 seconds - i counted every single one ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.