Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sirus The Virus

macrumors 6502a
May 12, 2005
Texas
Here's what would my best guess: a video iPod of some sort, the Asteriod box thing, and OS X 10.5 might be announced and renamed NeXT Step 10.5.

drewyboy

macrumors 65816
Jan 27, 2005
Hey iGary... the Blu-Ray is prob not going to happen. Sony wants to combine with the HD-DVD so that consumers don't get pissed but Toshiba is being a baby and not wanting to talk. The problem is Toshiba is screwing itself because the major electronic companies back blu-ray, plus nero has already made toolkits for blu-ray... so at this point, Sony is being nice and letting Toshiba get on the banwagon, but is being suborn. But then again, I wouldn't put it passed Jobs to be bold and put a computer out with it, then start to push people in that direction.

dongmin

macrumors 68000
Jan 3, 2002
1. iTunes to-go demo

2. Announcement of iPod Games Division

3. iTunes 5.0 with support for downloadable games & motorola phones

4. New 60GB iPod with larger screen for downloadable games

5. G5 PowerBooks with a new G5 mobile processor

6. Wireless firewire; G5 PowerBook option for wireless firewire module

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
dongmin said:
1. iTunes to-go demo

What could wireless FW bring.....speakers :confused: :p

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Platform said:

This wireless firewire worries me. I don't fully understand it so hopefully someone can help me out here. Would it be simply a wireless replacement for current firewire? Does this mean you can charge iPods over it because from my admittedly limited knowledge of electricity, I think that's effectively impossible.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
mad jew said:
This wireless firewire worries me. I don't fully understand it so hopefully someone can help me out here. Would it be simply a wireless replacement for current firewire? Does this mean you can charge iPods over it because from my admittedly limited knowledge of electricity, I think that's effectively impossible.

Charging anything I don't think will work.....we would see that on a much more concept stage before apple got it ;)

And if so then you could have anything mobiles, mice, etc. On FW charge :rolleyes: :D

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Platform said:
Charging anything I don't think will work.....we would see that on a much more concept stage before apple got it ;)

And if so then you could have anything mobiles, mice, etc. On FW charge :rolleyes: :D

Yeah, that's what I figured. So then, is wireless firewire simply a much faster, short range bluetooth?

xisforextreme

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2004
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Tamer Brad said:
Just ... an updated iBook. Please.

I hear that. I've been waiting for months to go out and buy an updated iBook. Until it comes out I'm stuck using my pentium 2 notebook. Any time before or during WWDC would be wonderful. Does anyone think that there's any hope of seeing an updated iBook before WWDC?

minimax

macrumors 6502
Feb 9, 2005
My guess would be BOTH the announcement of the Powerbook G4D and Powermac G5D.
Why Powerbook G4 Dualcore? There was pretty reliable info about the taiwanese ibook manufacturer receiving an order for production of a widescreen ibook for the end of the year (macworld paris?) but it just doesnt make sense to redesign the case without redesigning everything else. So IF the new ibook would be introduced towards the end of the year the new powerbooks need to be introduced before that. We all know powerbook G5 is out of the question. The performance gain of an 1.8 GHz G5 over an 1.67 Ghz G4 is almost negligable and we all know the power consumption of the G5 so it has to be the G4 dualcore.
Concerning the powermac it is clear we had only half an update.

Listen to me people, WWDC will be DOUBLE D-DAY :eek:

themacman

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2004
kc
dongmin said:
1. iTunes to-go demo

god i hope so

gate

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2003
Canada
According to macosrumors.com (they're usually not very reliable ... too bad):

"Apple's first quad-processor Mac won't be a PowerMac, or an Xserve; it will be an all-new product line, the long-rumored "Xstation" according to sources. Dual-processor Powerbooks and other dual-processor Macs will follow the introduction of this new machine which could come as soon as Apple's World Wide Developer's Conference early next month"

Maxiseller

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2005
Little grey, chilly island.
Here's my ideas.

1) Airport Express 2 that allows you to stream movies and video content as you can presently with music.

2) Powerbook G5 - I know people don't think so, but for the "power" series, the G4 is stunnngly out of date. 1.67Ghz? I had an athlon Thunderbird that could do that around 2-3 years ago!!

3) iTunes 5, supporting the...

4) ...New Video iPod. Justified by Steve (Who won't go back on his "no content availble" for having music videos that you can download to it. It will probably only support a few very small codecs, but third party cracks will soon open it up.

modernpixel

macrumors member
May 15, 2005
New York, NY
iPod with video capability for sure. They won't rename it iPod video or anything, it'll just be a feature in the new (all color) lineup.

With H.264, it's pretty much a no brainer -- plus people think it's the next big thing for cellphones, so it only makes sense that the iPod, being a portable media player, would do it too. The iTunes Music store already has trailers, music videos, and now video add-ons for purchased albums - filling your iPod up with them is just natural.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
Maxiseller said:
Here's my ideas.

1) Airport Express 2 that allows you to stream movies and video content as you can presently with music.

That would be nice......but what "interface" would it have to be 802.11n...so g would not be supported or :confused:

JonMaker

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2004
here.
xisforextreme said:
I hear that. I've been waiting for months to go out and buy an updated iBook. Until it comes out I'm stuck using my pentium 2 notebook. Any time before or during WWDC would be wonderful. Does anyone think that there's any hope of seeing an updated iBook before WWDC?

You too, eh?

Oh well, the longer we wait, the sweeter it will be when we get it; maybe we're waiting for more than just another speedbump...

:eek:

Jo-Kun

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2003
Antwerp-Belgium
Platform said:

imagine -> wireless FW to camera... would be a nice setup for studio/location work with digital photography, no more hassle with cables running to the camera (yes I know: CF or other storage will help with that :p but I mean wireless control over the camera direct capture to your computer...)

that is if I understand the whole wireless FW concept :D

cwedl

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2003
new iBook G5, 12" and 15", same res as powerbook.
new G5 Powerbook.
Video iPod.
and all colour iPods.
And a free copy of the new book, iCon to everyone in the audience! :D

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Before WWDC:

Airport Express w/ Video Support

WWDC:

New iBook which flips into tablet. As seen with new patents.

We must remember WWDC is a development conference. There must be new platforms to develop for. The PowerMac G5 was released because it was new 64bit computer - a new platform to program for. iPod releases are very very unlikely, but may happen around the WWDC period but wont be mentioned during the Keynote.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.