Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

snkTab

macrumors 6502a
Nov 13, 2004
Cincinnati, OH
Apple will introduce a game console.

It will come out before XBOX 360.

It will have a hard drive search capability.
It will have fast user switching
It will be a all in one media hub
It will feature a powerppc processor
It will be shaped somewhat like a copying machine.

Microsoft will be owned in their own game

Moo-Boo

macrumors regular
Cougarcat said:
What I think will happen:

--Airport Express A/V (if not announced next week, and even if it is, steve will talk a lot about it)
--iSight 2 with h.264 support given out (like someone else said, a 2-pack option would be really nice)
--Steve says a bunch of stuff about how insanely great tiger is, mentions how many copies they sold, etc.
--"One More thing" = redesigned iBook

What I want to happen:

All that stuff, plus a total revamp of the entire portable line with all-new enclosures.

--iBook: Single-core G4 processor w/ widescreen, 64 MB Radeon 9600, 1.33 and 1.42 Ghz
--Powerbook: Dual-Core G4 processor at 1.6 and 1.8 Ghz, better bus speed, and an upgradable Radeon 9800 (w/ 128 MB Vram in the 15" and 17")

No G5 please, I do not want to get third degree burns and I'd like decent battery life.

Oh yeah, and a $399 8" tablet. That would be sweet.

I like what Cougarcat said. From what I've been reading and hearing about, Cougarcat's prognostication sounds reasonably hopeful, yet something to really look forward to. The heat issue with the G5 processor is very depressing for Apple, and, having a look at the specs of the G4 dual core processor, I think they sound great. Relatively low energy requirements and high output, when they can outperform the G5, I'd love a HD PowerBook with one onboard. At the same time, don't give up hope on the G5 PB...early next year, they'll have had the problem licked and G5 PBs will be the lusty order of the day.

Platform

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2004
BONDS said:
Hey,

Im a noob and just wanted to know if Dual-Core g4's are 64-bit or are they 32bit???

sorry ifthis question has been asked already

Depens on who will make them and how.

If it is dual-core or not does not matter with the number of Bit's it has.

There is both Dual-core 64Bit CPU's "AMD" and Single-core CPU's "AMD and IBM's PPC ;)

aswitcher

macrumors 603
Oct 8, 2003
Canberra OZ
snkTab said:
Apple will introduce a game console.

It will come out before XBOX 360.

It will have a hard drive search capability.
It will have fast user switching
It will be a all in one media hub
It will feature a powerppc processor
It will be shaped somewhat like a copying machine.

Microsoft will be owned in their own game

:D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.