The one thing I don't understand why Android has and we don't...

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Johnny Steps, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Johnny Steps macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Is the hack to change PRL. To make a long story short, I have a Sprint iPhone 4S and the service is utter crap. I'm surprised that with ALL the Cydia hacks that exist, there is not one tweak that allows you to continuously FORCE ROAM the iPhone or change the PRL like you can on some Android phones (i.e. Evo 4G, SGSII Epic 4G Touch)

I paid full for this phone so I'm not trying to steal, I early upgraded from my Evo 4G attempting to give Sprint one more chance due to Unlimited SLOW data.

Obviously that's not true.

But guys.. are you honestly telling me after all the googling I did, there isn't one tweak to force the iPhone to roam so I can get 300mb on roaming and get the early termination of contract without fees?

2. Jordan921 macrumors 68040

Jordan921

If that's one thing you want from Android then why didn't you just stick with Android? Better yet why don't you just switch carriers if Sprints service is that bad?

3. NanoNyrd macrumors regular

'cause if it's the only thing he wants from Android, then he probably likes the rest of the iPhone features. Why do people in this forum attack anyone saying anything positive about android?
    :confused:

4. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Yeah I don't like Android at all. I'm an Apple guy.

And I can't switch yet. Not till later this year in October when iPhone 5 comes out and this iPhone 4S is worth like half it's price. If I get out now, I can sell this phone for about $500 at least.

5. labman macrumors 604

labman

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

Sprint iPhone's have the lowest resale value. Unless you can get it fully unlocked.

6. Carlanga macrumors 604

Carlanga

So you wanna cheat out of your contract then? :rolleyes: Why don't you just use an Android to fake your way out of the contract and then keep using your iPhone after that. You had a trial period in which you could have return a phone or new contract if it wasn't' good, but you just want to get new toys without paying ETF. If you can't afford something don't buy it, plain and simple.

7. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

Clearly you don't know how to read. I said in my original that I paid full for this phone. And in a way, when I bought my Evo 4G which is the reason why I'm still in contract, I only got a $75 discount so yeah I think I've paid off that phone too.

I have money don't worry, I can afford to have an iPhone 4S, an iPad 2, a Macbook Pro, an Apple TV, and so on. So thanks :)

However I shouldn't be forced to pay money for something that sucks, and that's Sprint's service. I think my "cheating" is justified since they're robbing money from me for crap service.

I will admit, I should've used the 14 day trial period.

Anyway, I suggest you watch yourself from looking ignorant and read next time. :)

8. labman macrumors 604

labman

if you can prove to Sprint your service sucks and is below par you can get out of your contract. members here have done it. this is my only point since I will probably be flamed next! :rolleyes:

9. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

How would I go along to prove them? I've taken in-phone screenshots of my speeds from the speed test app.

10. In Like Flynn macrumors regular

What date did you sign ur contract?

11. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

If service is crap at your house does sprint offer a mini tower you hook up to your Internet connection? AT&T does and I thought Verizon did. If service sucks all over just keep calling and complaining and threaten to switch . Before AT&T gave me my microcell I'd call and bitch and get a discount each month since my phone was unusable in my house.

12. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

I don't even want the airwave because what good is a phone if I can't have good 3G speeds on the go? Hell it even burns my battery! If it weren't for IntelliscreenX on Cydia being able to switch my 3G to GRSP, I'd be screwed.

I just don't get it. What happened to Sprint? I had a Palm Centro my sophomore year of high school... and it was quick with its internet! But why is Sprint such trash now?

I guess I'll just keep complaining.

13. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Do you know what kind of trickery goes into the android apps to put you into data roaming permenantly? Might be worth it to do some research and email the sbssettings guys or another Cydia dev to see if they can help you out.

What kind of numbers are you getting on speedtest?

14. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

photo.png

104kps if I'm lucky lol. On average it's about 45kps - 80kps

15. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Wow I'd say you have reason to complain.

16. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

So how would I go along complaining? Just continuously tell them that I have slow speeds and I want out?

17. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

Do you know anybody else in your area that has a sprint 3G/4G phone you can run a speed test on side by side with yours? does sprints coverage map show "good" coverage for the areas you are in the most and are getting such slow speeds?

18. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

My father has an iPhone 4 on Sprint and he gets slow speeds as well. Haven't done a speed test since he doesn't download Apps like that but I'll get it on there to try.

And yeah, this area has like 3 or 4 antennas within a 10 to 15 mile radius and it's supposed to be good coverage. Hell, there's a Sprint antenna about a mile from my house. It's really close.

19. speed4tu macrumors member

I have a couple friends with Sprint and I feel for you. Personally I would just switch back to an android phone for long enough to use the hack on android and get out of the contract that way. That is if you have access to an android phone.

20. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

yea id check his phone and see what he's getting back to back with yours.

Thats the first thing carriers will try and claim is you are in a low coverage area sir there's nothing we can do. But since there are plenty of towers around they probably couldnt use that. You could try and get them to terminate your contract early but do even you want to switch to ATT or verizon? Or would you stick with sprint if you could get a decent speed out of them

21. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

No I'd like to switch to Verizon. I've been with Sprint for a while and it's bad. I don't expect them to ever improve. Heck, on the discussion forums on their website, there's that thread Sprint iPhone 4S 3G too slow to be useful or something like that and it has over 2,000+ replies and they don't acknowledge their problems.

I don't know about AT&T. I've heard.. stuff like sometimes coverage sucks and such. But they also are the only company to have HSPA+ and that 3G for $30 seems a good plan. I don't need a lot of minutes, just unlimited text and.. I guess limited data now.

22. pezasied182 macrumors 6502

If you're on Sprint, have a family plan, and have a discount applied to your account, you can get out of it with no ETF right now because they changed their policies and made it so your discount doesn't apply to the second line.

23. Johnny Steps thread starter macrumors 6502

Johnny Steps

How can I find this out? Just go to a Sprint store and ask? I feel they might hide it from me. Like if I can get my family out that's good, but if it's just me that's good too. I doubt they'll let my dad go now that he signed for an iPhone 4 in January -_-

24. LoloBond macrumors 6502

You need to have a corporate discount to take advantage of the no ETF... I got my Iphone 4s in November and I'm out of contract.

25. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Be sure to check real world coverage where you need it this time around and cancel during the initial period if the new carrier doesn't meet your needs. Don't rely on general discussions regarding coverage or coverage maps.