The one thing that changed your life forever...

steviem

macrumors 68020
May 26, 2006
New York, Baby!
Meeting my wife.

Was boring and lonely in the UK. Now I live in New York, work in a specific area of a field that I love, live with the love of my life and try new things almost all the time.

KnightWRX

macrumors Pentium
Jan 28, 2009
Quebec, Canada
My life is forever in flux, with events happening about every year that change it . There is no defining moment per se. And I like it like that, otherwise, life would be boring. ;)

EDIT : wow, downranked. Go figure.

Last edited:

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
  • Diagnosed with Anxiety and depression 2007
  • Buying first house at 21 in 2009
  • Achieving ACMT 2010 / Re certing for ACMT 2011
  • Talking online, met a really good friend we skyped a lot :)
  • My grandfather passing away from pancreatic cancer
  • Diagnosed with Major depression october 2011, intern caused problems with my self / friends / family

DiamonDecoden

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Texas
  • Diagnosed with Anxiety and depression 2007
  • Buying first house at 21 in 2009
  • Achieving ACMT 2010 / Re certing for ACMT 2011
  • Talking online, met a really good friend we skyped a lot :)
  • My grandfather passing away from pancreatic cancer
  • Diagnosed with Major depression october 2011, intern caused problems with my self / friends / family

Thats so interesting because I was also started to have anxiety, depression and panic in 2007 which changed my life drastically. From then, I have found ways to deal with it but I know I will live with it all my life.

DiamonDecoden

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2011
Texas
Oh and I think whatever decision(s) we make on a daily basis will shape our life in ways we take it for granted sometimes. We really remember the emotionally charged or and *significant* events that marks the turning point of our existence.

This makes me want to make good choices everyday because if WILL have a huge impact on ur life.

For instance, I started doing Pilates every morning and I think it made me a happier and a more relaxed person.

Therefore, there are many of the *one* thing that changed my life forever that eventually make up my unique life pattern. :D

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Christ - everything flows from there.
I really have to disagree.

If Christ is the reason my daughter died, I would really be bitter towards him and any followers of his religion.. and would have every right to be. I don't deserve that, let alone any parent.. and my daughter didn't, most of all.

I won't turn this into a PRSI thread, but I really have to call ******** here.

For the record, I'm pagan (read: not monotheistic).

BL.

Coasterfanryan

macrumors regular
Nov 28, 2010
Pittsburgh Pa
Starting college this past fall.

The feeling of being dependent and responsible of what you do is such a great feeling and not always being with family is a nice breath of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I love my family, but always being around one or all of my four siblings was not a day at the park. I manage my time much better without one of my parents nagging me and I feel like I can truly be myself when I am at school. Going away to college was the best decision I have made thus far in my life.

toolbox

macrumors 68020
Oct 6, 2007
Australia (WA)
Thats so interesting because I was also started to have anxiety, depression and panic in 2007 which changed my life drastically. From then, I have found ways to deal with it but I know I will live with it all my life.
I need to learn how to do that, so far i am struggling.

AndrewR23

macrumors 68040
Jun 24, 2010
Great thread.

-Meeting my fiance, really made me grow up, etc.

-Sports in generel. Wouldn't have my job without the love for baseball (SF Giants)

-Buying my house in OC.

Caliber26

macrumors 68000
Sep 25, 2009
Orlando, FL
The "one thing"? Becoming a Freemason.

Also, being a character performer at Disney World, I get to interact with many children from Give Kids The World. Some of the things you see and hear on an almost daily basis continuously mold your outlook on life. A lot of it is very sad, unfortunately.

bgd

macrumors regular
Aug 30, 2005
SG
Really? I ride too but having a hard time seeing how it could change my life forever. Care to elaborate? :)
Sure.

Moved out of London and had to commute. Tried the train and then driving. It started out okay but eventually became a nightmare with 3 hour journeys into work becoming the norm. One day I finally noticed these mad men on bikes filtering through the traffic and decided to give it a go.

Learned to ride and it transformed everything. Journey was a consistent hour each way. I started looking forward to those hours. Started taking the long way home. Would ride through the centre of London just for the fun of the traffic.

Started riding abroad for weekends. Did extra training, bought a bigger bike made so many friends.

I'm now in Singapore and a bike is my only form of transport. (Google the cost of cars out here and you'll see why). Riding in a tropical country with the whole of SE Asia on the doorstep is hard to beat.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I really have to disagree.

If Christ is the reason my daughter died, I would really be bitter towards him and any followers of his religion.. and would have every right to be. I don't deserve that, let alone any parent.. and my daughter didn't, most of all.

I won't turn this into a PRSI thread, but I really have to call ******** here.

For the record, I'm pagan (read: not monotheistic).

BL.
Christ allows you the choice to receive Him or reject Him. If you reject Him He graciously allows you the opportunity to receive until your last breath. If you receive Him, you will never reject Him.

I hope you will receive Him.

bradl

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2008
Christ allows you the choice to receive Him or reject Him. If you reject Him He graciously allows you the opportunity to receive until your last breath. If you receive Him, you will never reject Him.

I hope you will receive Him.
I think you are missing my point.

If receiving Christ or rejecting Christ was the reason my daughter died, either way would make me a very bitter person towards Him, because of not only what he put me and my SO through, but what he also put her through. No child, let alone any parent, deserves that, whether accepting or rejecting Christ.

Religious issues are way out of the scope of this thread, and is greatly leaning towards PRSI, so this is as far as I will take the religious aspect here.

BL.

Spink10

Suspended
Nov 3, 2011
Oklahoma
I think you are missing my point.

If receiving Christ or rejecting Christ was the reason my daughter died, either way would make me a very bitter person towards Him, because of not only what he put me and my SO through, but what he also put her through. No child, let alone any parent, deserves that, whether accepting or rejecting Christ.

Religious issues are way out of the scope of this thread, and is greatly leaning towards PRSI, so this is as far as I will take the religious aspect here.

BL.
I apologize - my statement was not directed at your question about your daughter's death. It was intended to be a general statement about Christ.

I answered the question of the OP - It was not out of the scope of this thread. You chose to engage in a conversation with my post. So I replied as well.

I accept the fact you do not want to speak further on this issue.

SuperCompu2

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2006
MA
Sports.

More specifically, my two favorite sports, Football and Rowing. Both of which transformed my existence in High School and College, respectively.

Had I not gone out for these sports, I would likely have been a socially-crippled functionless nerd. Football inspired confidence, and Rowing inspired hard work. The guys I met made excellent friends, and the work ethic that arose from practicing hard for a single goal made me a much better person.

In fact, I actually rowed with a member of this very forum! :)

maflynn

Staff member
May 3, 2009
Boston
By accepting Jesus as my savior.

I was on a downward spiraling path in my life when I repented and became a Christian. I'm not perfect now - far from it, but my life has been completely transformed thanks to Jesus.

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com
My girlfriend breaking up with me, she gave her reason that my life wasn't progressing fast enough for her (she's stuck in a dead end job living in the same little town she's lived in for years with no ambition to leave), the irony was lost on her.

A week after the breakup I'd managed to:

• Start work on a documentary that I shoot in March '12 that could have anywhere between £700-£3k as a budget.
  • Score a work internship at a recording studio working with my idol in Sacramento, CA.
  • Reignited a conversation with a Hollywood director to sit down and chat about the possibility of me working for him permanently in LA.

The way I look at it was it's her loss, if she wants to live in the same crappy town for the rest of her life, that's her prerogative, I'd like to move to America before I'm 25 though.