The online orders thread (Helps others waiting for iPhone 4)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sasj15, Aug 1, 2010.

1. sasj15 macrumors member

Hello everyone!

I couldn't find out if this thread will violate macrumors' rules. I hope admins will let me know if so.

I wonder if we open a new thread for people who are waiting for iPhone 4 ordered online since the phone became out of stock for most of apple online and retail stores around the world. I live in a place where no retail apple store, and we had iPhone 4 released on July 30th in Canada!

I ordered two iPhones on the 30th, and was confirmed shipping date on August 20th! I wonder if this confirmation is just to buy time for apple?

Share your information about confirmed shipping dates and stock availability in your local apple store.

Thank you

2. Qmac macrumors newbie

I have also ordered one iPhone 4 from Canada online store. and my shipping date is Also 20 August. I live in the US and a friend will ship it to me from Canada. I'm just wondering what the import tax would be.

3. sasj15 thread starter macrumors member

If your friend ships it to you as a gift, I guess there won't be any taxation!

Do you think Aug 20 is too way far, or it's just a maximum estimate from apple in case of any delays?

4. speedline macrumors newbie

I ordered 7/30 at 2:30AM PDT from Canada as well. Mine also shows a ship date of "20 Aug" and a delivers date of "26 Aug".

From my limited reading from various forums, it seemed that Apple.com orders in the US that had 2+ week lead times generally shipped a few days (5-6?) early.

Hopefully the same applies for Canadian orders.

5. sasj15 thread starter macrumors member

Sounds good if it is true. If I go to Ottawa next week where apple store is available, and find iPhone 4 32GB in stock, I will cancel the order and get it from the store instead.

6. abthegreat macrumors regular

Ordered mine early 29th July Ship date 19th August and delivery 23rd August.Its a UK order hope it ships sooner.

7. marklight macrumors 6502

I ordered mine Aug 10, and It's not going to ship until Aug 31st... United States. I know someone that ordered his like a two weeks ago and got it 4 day later! Someone please tell me the ship dates aren't set in stone!

8. rbyrne10 macrumors member

iPhone 4

Also ordered on July 30th release date here is Ireland and also have a ship date of August 20th and delivery on the 24th just hope it gets shipped sooner as I am dying to get my hands on it.

9. sasj15 thread starter macrumors member

That's really fast delivery, four days only! Did you pay extra for expedited shipping?

I think this is how apple buy time to make sure they will be able to ship items at least on time.

So it seems when you order expedited shipping it will be delivered within four days in UK and Ireland.

Hopefully guys you will get them soon

10. abthegreat macrumors regular

Not really that was the online option/standard available on the UK store

11. JackT2010 macrumors newbie

Ordered a 16GB from the online Apple store UK on 26th July.

As of today:

Not yet Shipped
    Ships 16th Aug
    Delivers 23rd Aug

Hoping to see some movement soon...

12. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

You guys fail when it comes to research. 5 minutes of searching would lead you to find out that buying from ATT website can get you the phone in 3 days. I ordered mine 8/8 and will arrive today 8/11. Look at the pic for proof.

[​IMG]

13. speedline macrumors newbie

You fail when it comes to reading comprehension. Of all the responses in this thread, only one response explicitly mentions that his/her order was in the US.

As soon as AT&T starts selling and shipping unlocked phones in Ireland, the UK, or Canada, then please let us know.

14. abthegreat macrumors regular

15. Prabz26 macrumors regular

Prabz26

I ordered mine at 7am on July 30th
    Ships August 20th
    and Delivers August 26th

Waiting has been immensely brutal, I'll be so pissed if it does not deliver on the 26th

16. sasj15 thread starter macrumors member

Well done speedline

Nothing yet for me, but I guess for people in countries where iPhone was released as a first phase. I think in the USA is possible to get iPhone from AT&T faster than apple online store.

Indeed, I go to apple store everyday hoping to get one and cancel my online order. It's always out of stock due to high demand of this phone!

17. abthegreat macrumors regular

Is it just my internet or my order status page is timing out now ?

18. Dualica macrumors member

Dualica

Yeah, had the same problem today. Still can't connect to order status...

FYI: ordered mine on aug. 11, shipping on sept. 1, arrival sept. 8 :eek:

Hope it will arrive a few days ahead of schedule :)

19. abthegreat macrumors regular

I cant hold on longer,the order servers down for maintenance as of now :(

20. Pegasus216 macrumors newbie

I ordered mine online on the 26th Jul (UK order). I got an email on the 12th Aug at 2200 saying it had been shipped and it was delivered on the 13th by UPS. My order status remained at "Not Yet Shipped" right up until this point.

Estimated shipping date was the 19th Aug and delivery date the 26th Aug so arrived well ahead of Apples estimation.

21. abthegreat macrumors regular

Any reason why they choose UPS over the standard TNT ? Also if theyre shipping out every thursday like 12th 19th ill get mine in the estimated time itself and not early.The servers back up but still shows Not Yet Shipped

22. JackT2010 macrumors newbie

Update:

Ordered 26th July on the UK online Apple Store.
    Est shipping 16th Aug
    Est Delivery 23rd Aug

Went to prepared for shipment on the 12th and shipped on the 13th via UPS. It is now scheduled for delivery tomrrow, Monday the 16th! :D

23. abthegreat macrumors regular

Just looking at replies makes me sad.Still no updates :( Do they ship everyday and are they choosing UPS to all UK locations/orders ?

24. TreRep macrumors regular

TreRep

i am in the same situation!

i live in venice, italy ...

Not yet shipped
    Ships: 20 Aug, 2010
    Delivers: 24 Aug, 2010
    Product Qty. IPHONE 4 BLACK 16GB-IPO

this is my order status ordered on apple online store Jul 30, 2010 at 01:59 AM PDT

:apple:

25. enfield macrumors newbie

Same here. Ordered July 30 around 8am (Canada Eastern Time).

Shipping by Aug 20th and delivery by August 26th.