The only reason im thinking of returning my iphone4...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rowsten, Jul 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rowsten macrumors newbie

Is the re-sell value if they implement a hardware fix. Noone is gonna want the old duff 4's.

I'm right handed so when using the phone i dont touch the g-spot, but sometimes when browsing the net i hold the phone in my left hand, signal goes to one bar never searching, BUT, if someone phones me then, straight to answer machine. Try it.

2. dagored macrumors 65816

So, return it. I do not think anyone here cares anymore. It's now a moot point.

3. chgojcs macrumors member

Good for you!

Oh, and I took a dump earlier. Cause that's just as important.

4. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Why have such an arrogant tone? I don't want to return my phone because its the best phone on the market.

5. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Neither one of those are true. A guy at the office is having the same concern to the point of returning it. I also think a year from now the resale value will be affected by the antenna issue.

6. tonymophoto macrumors newbie

Both 3G's I've owned have done the exact same thing numerous times, so I wouldn't sweat it.

If resale value was your main concern when purchasing the phone, you may need more help than you're currently searching for on this forum.

7. dagored macrumors 65816

Originally Posted by dagored
    So, return it. I do not think anyone here cares anymore. It's now a moot point.

Read the OP's 1st post. Now mine.

I'll help you - he's considering returning the phone, because it might not have resale value later. He is posting it here. No one cares . He can do what he wants. He can get a free Bumper - case - whatever - find something new to cry- worry - fret about.

8. wirelessmacuser macrumors 68000

wirelessmacuser

Steve Jobs has a lot of influence over people. Arrogant and self absorbed by nature, many of his employees and followers emulate him. It's the Apple culture. Therefore it's to be expected that arrogant rude behavior is prevalent in Apple forums.

9. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

This may be true, but the media coverage the iphone 4 has recieved has significantly hightened the issue, and as a result peoples awareness of it.

10. nikhsub1 macrumors 68010

nikhsub1

Buying a phone because of resale value is utter stupidity. Real Estate, yes. Electronic devices, no.

11. dagored macrumors 65816

Then why have almost 3 million units been sold since launch?

If it does not work for you get rid of it. If you are going to worry about it get rid of it.

It works great for me. Best phone I have had to date. I will not part with it. It is a very useful tool for me. If it wasn't, it would be gone in a heartbeat. I have better things to do.

12. tonymophoto macrumors newbie

My suggestion to you would be to wait out the 29 days and see how the market reacts to the whole situation short term, then on the last day make your decision to keep or return.

13. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

What is wrong with people on here? So your telling me rather than return the phone and wait a month for the hardware fix and re purchase, you would rather keep the defective model which will most likley sell for less? Maybe i'm just more savy with money! Christ.

14. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

Perhaps you missed the press conference, but there's not going to be a hardware fix because Apple has said there's no design flaw or defect.

15. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Stealth fix? It's happened before, no reason why it wouldn't again.

16. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

I have a 3G I will trade you for your iP4. Good condition 16GB.

17. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Another terrible joke no one noticed. Good one pal.

18. gazzzmoly macrumors regular

i know how you feel to some extent.

i sold my 3gs to pay the £300 upgrade cost i had. if i return it i am

A) still contracted and could lose my £300 as no way of carrying on with my last contract. so would have had to buy myself out anyway.

B) get my £300 back with no iphone 4 and possibly have to start a new contract with a second hang 3gs or another handset

or wait and see what happens in september.

also i believe not many people have contacted apple as they where probably more than aware that apple knew about the issue because of the publicity and where waiting for an official response

19. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

Buy it because you want it. Not what you can resell it for. Most other phones resell for little to nothing. No one is going to really want your crappy, old, used iPhone 4 in years anyways.

Not trying to be mean but I don't seem why you'd be so concerned

20. s8film40 macrumors 6502

s8film40

Well I'll extend my 3G trade offer to you as well then first come first served I'll take an extra iP4. I'm sure with a little work you could probably find someone willing to swap a 3Gs. In fact I was at the Apple store the other day and they were all lined up with their old iPhones in hand waiting to buy the new one.

21. gazzzmoly macrumors regular

people do want old iphones thats why they still bring a good sum on ebay. but maybe not the iphone 4 (only time will tell) non of the other iphones had issues as prominent as this.

also he may not be as wealthy has some people here and may need to sell his iphone 4 in a years time to contribute the cash towards that purchase.

it annoys me the snobbery in these forums people save there hard earned cash for these things. some people work harder than most for little cash. and save for months. So how dare the people that get paid loads for sitting on the arse's all day try to belittle people with concerns.

if you dont like reading about them don't, you choose to !

22. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

If that actually happens, it's easy enough to exchange it through Applecare.

I bet it'll eBay for around $450 (for a 32 GB version) in a year if you jailbreak and unlock it, and by then all the reception problems will be a distant memory after a series of software improvements.

23. Rowsten thread starter macrumors newbie

Exactly, thank you.

I got 157 quid for my 3g last month. Thats a lot of money at least to me.

Anyway.. last time i ever post anything on here, i'll stick to reading.

24. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

I just sold a crappy old 3G 8GB for $150, and that was to a dealer who will resell it for more. If you can sell a 2 year old phone that can barely run OS4 for $150, you will do just fine selling an ip4, whether it has antenna issues or not. Don't forget, even with all the hype around the problem, the phone has sold 3 million units and continues to be sold out in many places, so it's pretty clear people want this phone regardless.

25. UnLiMiTeD558 macrumors 6502

well what the ***** did you want for a damn anwser child? Theres a couple thousand threads about this crap. Someone told you to take it back, you said you didnt want to. Ok so then why did you make this thread? its either you keep it or you dont. Right off the bat, you said you want to keep it. Perfect, thanks for the waste of bandwidth.

Any bs or whiney concern people have about the iphone 4 can be found in the first 10 pages on here, your surprised people are sick of seeing the same threads over and over? Seriously? Your sick of the constant sarcasm well we are sick of the constant repeat threads.If people continue to post the same thread whining about the same phone when they have the same option as everyone else to RETURN IT! then expect the same sarcasm in return.

Nobody on this forum can come up with some magical solution for you, if you like the phone use it, if it doesnt work well, get your money back and buy something else, a phone is not an investment!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.