The only way to get this fixed.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Eric-PTEK, Jun 29, 2010.

1. Eric-PTEK macrumors 6502

Call AT&T and ask for credit.

I made 5 calls, 4 dropped, wife made 4 calls, 4 dropped.

Loss of Revenue = Fix faster.

That is the only thing they will understand.

I'm on the phone right now and am working out a credit.

2. Oskee2001 macrumors regular

3. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

4. raremage macrumors 6502a

We must stick them with quills! It's the only way!

5. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I don't agree with this. AT&T should not have to pay for Apple's mistakes. AT&T has gotten a bad rap for poor iPhone calls and here it is - the problem revealed on a silver platter. It's not AT&T, it's the phone.

Call Apple and voice your frustrations with them. Talking to AT&T won't do much, unless you're out to get credits just because you can.

6. Munitalp macrumors 65816

Sounds like you need to return the iPhone 4 if you're not happy with it. Quit trying to get a credit or free stuff. If it doesn't work for you then return it and buy another device, problem solved. If its truly that terrible how is a small credit going to justify keeping it?

7. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Seriously, how does AT&T have anything to do with what is clearly an iPhone problem?

8. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

9. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

To some extent, it is AT&T's problem (or the problem of the carrier you are using).

In most cases, Apple sees their customer as the carrier. If the carrier is dealing with an unacceptably high number of problems with a specific phone then they are going to point the finger at the manufacturer of that phone.

A customer like AT&T or O2 has more clout than someone phoning up Applecare for the first time.

10. fuzion macrumors 6502

AND ON TOP OF THAT

THIS MORNING MY IPHONE HAD A SMUDGE ON IT.

I CALLED AT&T AND ASKED THEM WHY THEY INSISTED APPLE WHO DID IT ON THEIR OWN AND DIDNT ASK AT&T INSISTED THAT THEY USE AN OLEPHOBIC COATING WHEN CLEARLY IT STILL SHOWS FINGER PRINTS.

UP YOURS AT&T.

oh wait what the hell are we doing in another one of these threads?

11. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Does anyone complaining about a fix not being out yet actually understand anything about the software development and testing process?:rolleyes:

12. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

I understand and agree. However, instructing others to call AT&T to complain and get credits for something that is not their fault is, in my opinion wrong. The OP should be voicing his frustrations on Apple.

13. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I'm complaining because we don't know if there's even going to be a fix.

Some Apple staff said there would be a fix, but those statements have since been removed from Apple Discussions.

It could be that in one year from today we are in the exact same position - iPhone 4 still has this problem, no hardware fix, no software fix and no word from Apple.

14. Munitalp macrumors 65816

One year from today we will have the iPhone 5 :eek:

15. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

You should allow at least a few days to see if Apple responds in some shape, fashion or form. I have the issue and it upsets me. However, I am patient enough to see what the outcome is if any. If there is none, at that point you as a consumer should make the determination if keeping the phone is justified or not. If the issue effects you that much, you should return the phone and seek an alternative solution.

That's just my opinion.

16. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

A typical response. Free stuff? I use this for my business, I am a business customer. When AT&T's T1 lines go down, there is a discount, why because without pain they will never fix anything.

How exactly is it me getting 'free' stuff when I'm on calls with customers worth thousands of dollars of revenue and the call fails? Explain to me how that is free?

Is it AT&T's problem or Apples problem...at this point in time I do not care. I paid Apple a 1 time fee, I pay AT&T monthly. Regardless of who's real problem it is, somewhere someone did not do their job.

Apple blames AT&T, AT&T blames Apple. AT&T has the larger financial stake, make them see the trend in customers and they will force Apple's hand.

All I care about is that it works and that my business works. If I have to go through Apple or AT&T. They are partners who chose one another.

Most of you do not own your own business or work in it, this is the way it works.

What am I going to get from Apple? A gift card for their products, no thanks. I pay AT&T to make calls, I can't make calls properly, AT&T gives me a refund.

BTW, no no credit, they wanted to do 2 things to my phone first, which they did and I just completed a 15 minute conversation with our director of the Chamber of commerce which took 4 calls to complete.

1 call was hung up on with the light sensor issue
    3 were the long silence issue I have, usually preceding a drop

I gave up after the 4th call, most of what needed to be said was said.

17. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

It is an apple problem not an AT&T problem and that has been proven. Might I suggested you get a phone that would work better. Blackberries tend to have really good reception and do not have all these problems of phone calls.
    Clearly the iPhone is failingto meet your needs. not AT&T

18. Daveoc64 macrumors 601

I agree, and that's why I'm waiting.

I don't really like other posters (not you) telling me that I'm not the sort of person who should own an iPhone.

19. AbSoluTc macrumors 68040

AbSoluTc

Good to hear some people posting have common sense :D

20. raremage macrumors 6502a

The difference is you have SLAs on data lines, and if they are not met, there are penalties written into the contract.

If you read your cellular contract, there is no such clause.

Don't get me wrong, I sympathize. I use my cell phone as my primary business line as well, but I also take a practical view of things. It is going to take some time for them to fix this. It isn't reasonable to expect a fix after five days to an issue that was (for whatever reason) not detected during testing and quality assurance.

If they haven't responded in another week, then it starts to feel like foot dragging.

21. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh I'm not claiming there is a SLA, more than familiar with those.

The point is, where is AT&T's motivation, or any businesses motivation to fix anything?

If you think there is ANYTHING beyond the bottom line that matters to them then you've never worked in a business environment.

$'s matter, thats it. And to another posters point, calling AppleCare will do nothing, someone from AT&T's board calling Steve and telling them their bottom line is being effected will move mountains.

22. i-John macrumors 6502a

i-John

Because when you have a T1 line, you have a SLA (Service Level Agreement) that they guarantee uptime. If it's their fault, per their SLA, they give discounts. If the problem is not theirs (past their supported demarc), you get nothing unless you have an contract that supports an extended demarc. There is no such contract when you buy a phone. The only guarantee you have from AT&T is that they'll bill you.

As was said many times, if the device you have is not meeting your standard, then get another device that does.

If you buy a car, and it breaks down when you're driving down the highway, do you call the highway authority to fix your car?
    AT&T provides the highway, Apple provides the car. If the highway isn't up to standard, it's up to the highway authority to fix the road. In this case, it's your car that's not up to your standard.

I do, and that's not how the way it works. If your business model to get things done is bully everyone and anyone, then you'll be waiting for a fix. If someone tries to bully me, they will be put low on my priority list. Being a dick to people who aren't responsible for the problem doesn't get things fixed.

23. Munitalp macrumors 65816

If money is what matters... then return the iPhone 4 and teach Apple a lesson, aye? One less sale = less $?

24. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

Apple and AT&T are partners...I'm not bullying or being a dick. I pay for business service, the service is paid from AT&T. AT&T decided to get into bed with Apple and vice versa.

Besides, who here knows where the real problem is? Is it AT&T's service or Apple's HW problem?

All I care about is a result, as the same with my customers. I am AT&T's customer. I've had to deal with plenty of situations where my supplier was the problem, but it was still in the end, my responsibility.

BTW I did ask about a SLA/QOS for cellular coverage, I'm at a 70 percent call failure rate....that's a pretty piss poor number.

Also lets say you have a cheapo $40 Motorola phone from a carrier, when you have a problem, who do you call, the carrier or Motorola....the answer is the carrier. Why is the iPhone any different?

25. Eric-PTEK thread starter macrumors 6502

I have a fair amount of money wrapped up in the iPhone as a whole.

What I want is a credit for the time period it does not work. AT&T/Apple wants my money, make it work.

Seem's to be a pretty simple concept, eh?

I find it insane that people will pay for something that does not work. Switching to another vendor is not an option. Do I believe it will get fixed, yes. Am I happy with the phone, well I was with my 3GS and I'm sure I will be when the 4 gets fixed.

In the meantime I didn't pay money to be someone elses beta tester. Plenty of you on here may be happy to do so but I'm not.

When I get service, I'll pay for service, plain and simple. If AT&T thinks its Apple's problem, then AT&T should backcharge Apple for their losses.

That is how it works in every other supplier agreement that I've ever worked on.

Also if I remember right the 3GS launched with similar issues and a patch was released within days.

Two calls down, now they want me to call Apple. I will call Apple, then I'll call them back and ask for 70 percent off of my bill, I'm getting 30 percent service. That's not even including the data/Exchange debacle but that I know for sure is an Apple problem.