The Opening of a Microsoft Store (video)

igucl

macrumors 6502a
Oct 11, 2003
I was doing nothing but cringing the entire time. Pathetic.

Way to make your patrons visibly uncomfortable, Microsoft. The only original addition you make to Apple's store model is entirely shameful.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
LOL look how "popular" the store is. NOT.

As mentioned in video comments: "Maybe they (the employees) are dancing to release the stress from working with Windows."

2:14 shoplifting, but could be attempt at viral marketing? Come on, who is going to steal right in front of a camera? The shoplifter even high-five the MS employee at the very end of the video.

Maybe remix the shoplifting?

Someone else said there is another instance of shoplifting but doesn't look like it to me. The adult didn't put anything in his bag, the kid didn't put anything in the shirt (although it looks like he was making the motion but saw the camera).

Thomas Veil

macrumors 68030
Feb 14, 2004
OBJECTIVE reality
Holy crap. Almost as embarrassing as those Windows 7 launch parties.

Is whoever plans these things still working from a 1980s Tom Peters book on excellence in business?

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
I guarantee some executive thought this would be a hip idea. I would quit on the spot if I was employed there and told I was going to have to be part of one of Microsoft douche marketing schemes.

tkermit

macrumors 68040
Feb 20, 2004
Did I just see a shoplifter at 2:14?!?!?!?!?! BTW, video was on Gizmodo also.... I thought it was hilarious how MS is trying so desperately to be known as a "hip" company.
Isn't she simply putting a booklet or something into her purse, so that she can clap along ?

Oh - and I'm gonna go with Gruber's reaction to the whole ordeal - "Jiminy."

MrCheeto

macrumors 68030
Nov 2, 2008
I'd PAY for someone to upload Apple ads into the video loop on the big screens in that store. Talk about ownage.

What's worse is the people going in the store are only doing so because they don't realize they have a choice in OS'. Most people actually believe all computers run Windows!

djellison

macrumors 68020
Feb 2, 2007
Pasadena CA
I'd PAY for someone to upload Apple ads into the video loop on the big screens in that store. Talk about ownage.!
I'd PAY for someone to put a big fat spinning beachball onto all the screens in the Apple stores. TALK ABOUT OWNAGE.

:rolleyes:

I'm yet to find an Apple store that isn't just a free internet cafe for foreign students booking flights home. I wanted to get some hands on time with the new mouse, the new 27" iMac - I had to wait a long time for one to free up because of people just stood there like zombies checking facebook.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.