Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Apple in October secured a multi-year deal with writer, producer, and former host of "The Daily Show" Jon Stewart, which will see him returning to television following his 2015 retirement.

Apple-TV-Ray-Light-2-Yellow.jpg

Additional details are now available on Stewart's upcoming series, which will be called "The Problem With Jon Stewart."

According to The Hollywood Reporter, the name is a nod to the issues that Stewart will explore with the current affairs news series. Stewart is set to cover one issue per episode, with topics ranging from what's in the national conversation to issues that are part of Stewart's advocacy work.

The specifics are under wraps at this time, but Apple plans to provide a companion podcast alongside the show when it launches. Stewart will both host and produce the show, which is set to come out this fall, and Apple is anticipating multiple seasons.

In other Apple TV+ news, Apple today shared the official trailer for "The Mosquito Coast," an upcoming TV show starring Justin Theroux.

A brilliant rebel (Justin Theroux) and his wife (Melissa George) take their family on the run to protect them, but end up exposing them to more danger than ever. At every turn of their adventure, they encounter increasing threats and intensifying moral choices from which there's no turning back.
"The Mosquito Coast" is set to premiere on Apple TV+ on Friday, April 30.

Article Link: 'The Problem With Jon Stewart' Coming to Apple TV+ This Fall

Mike_Trivisonno

Contributor
Jul 11, 2015
Jon Stewart (not his real name) is a washed up has been. Can't believe Apple is going to get into bed with this weirdo. He's never been funny, articulate, or well informed, but he's got the snarky propagandist spiel down pat. Boo to this. Booooo.

Comment

Herrpod

macrumors 6502a
May 29, 2019
It'll be great to have his perspective back.

Also kinda looking forward to The Mosquito Coast, although the movie with Ford wasn't that great.

Comment

dannyyankou

macrumors G4
Mar 2, 2012
Westchester, NY
Jon Stewart (not his real name) is a washed up has been. Can't believe Apple is going to get into bed with this weirdo. He's never been funny, articulate, or well informed, but he's got the snarky propagandist spiel down pat. Boo to this. Booooo.
Ever heard of a stage name? And his middle name is “Stuart”, it isn’t that big of a reach.

Comment

Thunderstrike76

macrumors member
Feb 8, 2012
Wow...what did Jon Stewart do to you? You do know he does a lot of work to help victims of 9/11 and has won many Emmy’s for his old show right? Listen man, I’m Republican but don’t tell me this guy hasn’t done something good.

Last edited:
Comment

allpar

macrumors 6502
May 20, 2002
Has anyone caught John Oliver or Jon Stewart out in a lie? I don't recall any such scandals, which doesn't mean they don't exist, but they seem better at getting their facts right than most news programs.

Comment

Orange Bat

macrumors newbie
Mar 21, 2021
I thought Stewart‘s Daily Show started to get a bit preachy in it’s last couple of years, and he’s gotten worse since then. If this were Stewart around 2008, I’d be much more excited. But my suspicion is that this will be bland, inoffensive stuff from a once brazen and more edgy comedian. I’m still waiting for a reason to sign-up to Apple TV.

Last edited:
Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.