Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Why does the removable battery even really matter that much? I mean the battery is big enough for me, plus look at all the awesome features such as the front facing camera and much larger screen res.

Because after 2 years with my iPhone the battery is pretty much shot. The phone runs fine otherwise and a replaceable battery would breathe more life into the phone.

SickSid

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2010
I would return it to Apple... GIZMODO U R PISSING OF APPLE HERE... Who gave the rights to open an unauthorized device... If Apple takes it to FBI... I am scared to say GIZMODO will disappear over night... So stop this ******** and send the Phone in Good Conidition ... U Illegal Pervert .... Do u follow APPLE Employees, thats gross.

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Wow, can Gizmodo milk and drag this story out anymore? What is next..."oh...breaking news, right before we gave it to Apple we got processor and RAM info which we will begin posting tomorrow in one sentence posts for the next 10 days..."
I think their coverage is good, especially the last few articles specifically aimed at addressing rampant doubts. They're answering common questions, thoroughly, and anyone who can be arsed to read these articles will know every detail there is to know at this point. If people weren't so damned skeptical and prone to believe in conspiracy theories, the series of articles would've been much shorter, so it's not really Gizmodo's fault.

Some good points were made in this disassembly story, especially the one about the phone being laid out like a final product. Anyone who sees the engineering details inside this thing and still believes it's an early prototype or a test bed is either blind, dumb or both.

appleguy123

macrumors 604
Apr 1, 2009
15 minutes in the future
I love all of this coverage on the new iPhone. Gizmodo did the right thing by REPORTING the news accurately. I'm so happy I didn't waste my upgrade on a 3GS when this little gem is right around the corner! So excited to pick one up, I love the new design, front facing camera for video chatting! I sure hope someone takes off that metal to find out if it has a A4!!

I really don't see why everyone is hating gizmodo for taking the product apart, don't you want to know what's inside? Power to the consumer I say, the more we know the better. I don't know about you but im a fan of complete transparency.

There's a difference between transparency and theft of intellectual property. I think Apple will sue the hell out of them.

MacFly123

macrumors 68020
Dec 25, 2006
It's only 'news' because of the general assumption it was user replaceable.

Kinda makes those seams even more irrelevant now huh?

That is what is so dumb about this whole thing. It was always just that, an ASSUMPTION!!! I called BS the whole time! I don't know who started that assumption but they weren't too smart.

Now those seems are ugly yes, but I doubt they will be there on the final product.

I just am curious now to see how Apple will handle this whole leak. Nobody mentioned or asked anything about it on the Q2 conference call. I wonder if Apple will sue Gizmodo. Maybe Steve will just make a smart remark when he unveils it like when the aluminum keyboard leaked haha! :p

I am EXCITED! :D

MacintoshMan

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2006
I would return it to Apple... GIZMODO U R PISSING OF APPLE HERE... Who gave the rights to open an unauthorized device... If Apple takes it to FBI... I am scared to say GIZMODO will disappear over night... So stop this ******** and send the Phone in Good Conidition ... U Illegal Pervert .... Do u follow APPLE Employees, thats gross.

:confused: Can I get your address so I can send you a box of crayons and a coloring book and possibly a helmet...

BadApple32

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Bs

you have the next gen iphone in your possession , , torn down and supposedly it has apple written on every componrt inside but for some odd reason you cant seem to locate or distinguish the gb or processor inside. BS, this is nothing more than a ploy by apple to get everyones reaction on the new design with an agreement by those involved to not divulge its hardware. Nice try apple and gizmodo

ciaran00

macrumors 6502
Mar 11, 2010
Can you please tell me what makes it unauthorized?

Please just kill your fanboyism for a second and enjoy (less) filtered information.

MikeyTree

macrumors 6502
Jan 5, 2007
Now I'm really curious why the aluminum frame has seams and splits in it. People were guessing that the battery was user replaceable because of the placement of the seams. What other function could they have?

Schtumple

macrumors 601
Jun 13, 2007
benkadams.com

I laughed so hard. You can't be serious... "Illegal Pervert"??? Classic.

YouArentJ

macrumors member
Mar 25, 2008
Orlando

Pissing Apple off, yes, FBI shutting giz down overnight, no. The person in the most trouble here is the guy who sold the phone to giz instead of turning it over to the police (since he couldn't figure out how to turn it over to Apple).

Gizmodo will be fine... just with less live blogs.

Moopy Sac

macrumors member
May 29, 2003

By reading these articles and providing these page views you are abetting their actions. You are part of the "problem".

Anuba

macrumors 68040
Feb 9, 2005
Because after 2 years with my iPhone the battery is pretty much shot. The phone runs fine otherwise and a replaceable battery would breathe more life into the phone.
The battery *is* replaceable, it's just not user replaceable. You can't buy a fresh one at Wal-Mart, but you can take the phone to an Apple Store or Apple Premium Reseller and have the battery replaced for 85 bucks.

The people who want user replaceable batteries want this because they'd like to be able to swap batteries on the fly.

AbSoluTc

Suspended
Sep 21, 2008
Anyone else think this looks like one HUGE antenna?

open17.jpg

Jeff321

macrumors member
Jul 1, 2008
They started taking it apart but didn't continue because they didn't want to damage it? :confused: What did they care, it wasn't usable by them anyway.

StuddedLeather

macrumors 6502a
Apr 20, 2009
Brooklyn, NYC

:eek: Are you pissed as well?

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005

The battery *is* replaceable, it's just not user replaceable. You can't buy a fresh one at Wal-Mart, but you can take the phone to an Apple Store or Apple Premium Reseller and have the battery replaced for 85 bucks.

The people who want user replaceable batteries want this because they'd like to be able to swap batteries on the fly.

I undersand this but then I pay Apple's price. Also, I can't carry a spare. So no, I don't find these two things to be one in the same. I'd like a battery I can swap myself. I don't need to be tied to Apple any more than I already am. Now, if they can somehow give me the iPad battery in an iPhone then **** it, I'm there!

Amnak

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2009
I feel as if the coverage can only hurt the iPhone/company in one way and that's if anyone beets them to market with a FUNCTIONAL front facing camera.... I've read that most front facing cameras have not been that functional. Othe than that the publisity is huge even my mom read about it on aol and trust me she'd be the last to know when the iPhone was coming out.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.