The Qualcomm CDMA chip is NOT for Verizon!!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ipfourFTW, Aug 8, 2010.

1. ipfourFTW macrumors newbie

The chip that was ordered in large quantity is NOT going to be for Verizon. Ita uses in the iPad 3G. Gizmodo and everyone else are hyping something that's a rumor, nothing more!!!!! The iPad 3G sold better than expected and they're ramping up now for holiday sales!!!! Phones released after the holidays NEVER do well, that's why they're not. Bookmark this to check again in Jan lol cause this is nothing more than over-hyped BS!

Don't ask me how I know because I can't say. ;)

2. mikemanblah macrumors regular

Not that i think theres going to be a verizon iphone any time soon, what makes you think it will be an ipad

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

So the CDMA chips is for Verizon ipads and not a verizon iphone you say?
    Weird, lets wait and see how it goes.

4. unamused macrumors 6502

You're going to love your username when the iphone 5 comes out....

5. pvmacguy macrumors 65816

pvmacguy

This rumor may be plausible, I've heard through the grape vine at work to expect some kind of tablet device this holiday season on Verizon.

6. drummingcraig macrumors 6502a

drummingcraig

Honestly, a Verizon iPad in the Winter makes heaps more sense to me then a launch of a Verizon iPhone in January. Although I wouldn't be shocked to see an announcement of the iPhone coming to VZ made in the late Winter/early Spring followed by rollout occurring next summer.

7. JustinSaneV2 macrumors 6502

JustinSaneV2

I'm so glad that you are in the know about these things. :rolleyes:

8. Stein357 macrumors 6502

9. lorenwade macrumors 68000

lorenwade

LOL

10. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

how did that happen?

11. yodaxl7 macrumors 6502a

Well, Verizon CEO is keynoting at CES. Plus, he was announcing a Verizon tablet. However, the rumor goes that he was going to present an Android tablet,not the iPad. Maybe, there is a change. That's cool!! I suspect another rumor about a 7 inch retina display with camera mini-iPad might be the Verizon iPad. If so, I am definately buying one.

12. saving107 macrumors 603

saving107

I don't see Steve Jobs ever letting another CEO introduce his own product.

13. Peaugh macrumors regular

I totally agree. But would Steve Jobs allow another CEO to introduce HIM to announce his own product....?

14. capn7 macrumors member

Doesn't make any sense. It's already known Verizon is pushing out an Android tablet for the end of the year. Supposedly it's Motorola with FiOS capabilities.

Got any proof/sources?

15. Jare macrumors 65816

Jare

His proof/sources is the three "!!!" in his thread title. Also his CAPITALIZATION of some of his words EMPHASIZING his point helps his PROOF further.

16. capn7 macrumors member

DUH!!! I should've known. lol

17. cirial macrumors regular

What's going to happen with a CDMA iPhone when your using data and no call can come through at the same time as data? Isn't that kind of pointless?

18. Wicked1 macrumors 68040

Wicked1

Don't forget Sprint uses CDMA as well, and I really think a Verizon iPhone is way off only because Verizon has taken stabs at AT&T and the iPhone, also they have spent a ton of money touting the Droids and Android OS.

19. soundcolor macrumors newbie

Look, i know first post and all... so who would listen to me.
    Here's the deal, i hate apple with a passion, i despise the iphone, loath the ipad, and cannot stand the ipod. I hate iphanz, and steve jobs.
    im a android guy. I work for verizon.
    Im not even trying to hide it. Its only fair that everyone knows it before you hear what i have to say.
    And what i have to say is this...
    first off, vzw is not the only company in the world that uses cdma, ordering a million cdma chips would last what? A day or less.... evenn if they ordered 8 million it wouldn't last a week.
    I hate the iphone, however i would love it to be on verizon.
    Why you ask,
    well, my intentions are malicious... i want to see the droids destroy that pos in every way possible...
    now remeber, i told you i hated the phone, so don't go getting your feathers all ruffled because i said it sucks.

But here's the question you should all ask yourselfs.... why would you want the iphone on verizon?
    Do you just want that phone with the best coverage, if so, i can't blame you there.
    The fact is this, the iphone destroyed att, made their network all but unusable to almost anyone that didn't have an iphone. Not to mention, if the.iphone comes to vzw att is dead, and we all know that.
    But why should you care. Well, if you believe that the iphone is the jesus phone and the best thing since sliced bread and you know that vzw is indeed the best coverage and cell carrier then having the iphone on vzws network would be great right.... wrong.
    we all know the iphone is a very data intensive device. More so than any other phone ever made.
    If the iphone comes to vzw, good bye unlimited data, good bye to the fastest useable covegae in the nation, good bye to vzws morals and standards. (Which is what got us to where we are now... number 1).

Yeah, I would love to see the iphone get trounced by the droids, sure.
    But im a buisness man, and i look at the bottom line.

Bottom line is, its bad for buisiness... sure we'd make a fortune on it for awhile, but in the long run we would find ourselves dragged down by lawsuit after lawsuit and warranty claims that are never ending....

Just not worth it to me.

And you can rest assured that the brass share the same view point.

Here's the other side of the coin.

Google will win this war, it already has really.
    why would we side with apple only to slap google in the face by carrying their sworn enemy.... let's face it vzw already gets the best of the best of the droid phones, why would we jeopardize 100's of billions of profit for a couple of million...

See it how you want and feel free to tear apart what i have said, but rest assured january will come and go just as each and every date has in the past.

20. Ferris23 macrumors 68020

^ Well said.

I disagree that Google has "won the war" but agree with pretty much everything else you said.

21. nfrs2000 macrumors member

nfrs2000

You sound like the BIGGEST VERIZON FANBOY EVER!!! I bet you play with yourself at night with your droid. GTFO outta here...

22. Joined:
    May 30, 2010
  23. Hyata macrumors member

+1 Apple needs Verizon more than Verizon needs Apple. The iphone is taking a beating from Android when it comes to new contracts. The same people keep buying every new iphone when it comes out.

24. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

First university coding class = 46 years ago
    Perhaps. Jobs already introduced the iPad itself.

A CDMA version would just be a 3G radio board change and not a new model.

Hmm. Now, if it included LTE capability, that would make it a "4G" iPad and worthy of Jobs being there.

Thoughts?

You're thinking of GSM EDGE, like the first iPhone used. (Was it pointless, btw?)

With CDMA EVDO, voice calls have priority and you are always given the choice of answering an incoming call, even while using data.

25. wvphysics macrumors regular

Let's just ignore that Google fanboys are just as sad as Mac fanboys. For someone that claimed to work at verizon he seems to have missed the memo that verizon has already announced the end of unlimited data. If he's that clueless then nothing else genders is really reliable.