The REAL Plus to IPhone 6 Plus Bendgate

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by CoyoteRidge, Sep 25, 2014.

1. CoyoteRidge macrumors member

Hopefully this issue will drive Apple's stock price down to a more palatable $90 !!!!

2. Richardgm macrumors 6502a

Richardgm

It's on its way there.

Attached Files:

3. accountforit macrumors 6502a

$98 is cheap. If they hadn't done the 7/1 stock split a few months back, it would be close to $700 a share.

4. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

Unfortunately Apple is set to the HIGHEST standard in the world. Any hiccup will be amplified 100 fold.

Just curious, exactly how many reported bent iphone 6 Plus's have ACTUALLY been documented?

Is it really only the 5-6 documented cases?

The original MR post seems to have been legit (the guy who drove to the wedding, and danced the night away). But I wonder in this age of social media, if there were others who purposefully bent their phones to gain some attention?
    If this is the case, and this whole issue blows over in a few weeks, these poor guys will be left with nothing except their bent phones.

5. kalebnate macrumors 6502

I could have swore that they're the only cases ... No one else is reporting it with proof and when I ask anyone this, they keep silent. I have no idea wtf is going on man it's frustrating.

6. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

This is my concern. If this was such a widespread problem, and it was so easy to bend your phone under normal use conditions, why has Apple not been flooded with returns and claims? There should be bent phones all over the internet, not just a handfull out of the millions of these devices that are out in the wild.

7. iregret macrumors 6502a

As far as I know, there are only 2 documented cases. The others bent theirs for science. That's why this entire thing is stupid.

8. Nabooly macrumors 6502a

Nabooly

It will surely blow over, however can't help but wonder what's going to happen 3 or 4 months from now when 6+ will have been in regular use; subjected to normal wear and tear.

9. ApplePhy macrumors 6502

If this is the case, this is really a NON-ISSUE.

You know what a REAL issue is? Target getting hacked and exposing 56 MILLION credit cards and customer information. Yet people continue to shop there.

10. robgendreau macrumors 68040

Um, not really. Apple claims to be the best manufacturer of hardware around, and charges a premium for their stuff. So it sets the bar high. The fact that some wonks can bend it with their little keyboard-softened techie paws is, in fact, evidence of a flaw. Considering that these things have only been in hands for a very short period, it doesn't bode well for long term durability. I doubt they were designed with flex in mind, since they're aluminum.

Assuming, of course, anyone is still carrying these about after iOS 8.01 Cooked them.... :eek:

11. Fusion79 macrumors 6502

Just like the cracked iPhone 3G and 3G's did not bode well for long term use or the all glass front and back 4 and 4s's did not bode well for long term use? How about the bending iPhone 5's that were popping up a few days after that phones release.

New iPhone releases are always under a microscope. There are always doom and gloom problems that after a month or so blow over and never end up really being serious long term issues. This is being overblown.

What concerns me 100x more is the iOS 8 issues

12. DougFNJ macrumors 6502a

DougFNJ

Don't take it so personally dude, it's just a phone.

13. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

John Gruber wrote on Daring Fireball:
    "I cannot believe that this “bent iPhone 6 Plus” thing is becoming a thing. Watch this jackass’s video — inexplicably promoted by Time magazine. Should not we be amazed that his phone didn’t snap in half under this pressure? That the glass didn’t fracture? Under pressure like this, bending but not breaking seems like an extraordinary feature. If you feel pressure like this on your iPhone 6 in your pocket, you need looser pants. And if you put your phone in your back pocket and sit on it, I’m not sure what to tell you."

I totally agree with him..

14. kalebnate macrumors 6502

Not sure you get it, I bought this phone and currently awaiting it's arrival. The amount of money I paid is enough to warrant a concern over this crap.

15. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

And how did it bode for the iPhone 5? Bending was a big media story then too. How many of us used ours for two years with no issue?

16. Plutonius macrumors 604

Plutonius

Apple isn't helping itself but, I believe that most of the Apple news is timed for pump and dump stock manipulations.

17. cube macrumors G5

The real plus is that respectable phone vendors will increase their efforts in not producing junk.

18. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Media exaggeration, its what drives america

19. lke macrumors 6502a

The Apple stock is down right now not because the bend issue or ios 8.01 it is because global worries and probably the Jewish holiday of Rosh Hashanah that is likely keeping a portion of investors sidelined.

If you check stocks of all tech companies they are all in red like: BABA, Facebook, Twitter, Google, Microsoft, etc.

I think that there are very few stocks that have a real value and one of them is Apple and Google, the other ones like Facebook, Twitter, Gopro are too high they are a bubble waiting to explode.

Investors like to see sales figures and Apple is selling more iphones than ever, they don't care if some one could bend an iphone. The bend issue is here since the iphone 5 and nobody care about that.

20. Newtons Apple macrumors P6

Newtons Apple

Just refuse to accept it when it arrives at the door.:eek:

21. munakib macrumors 6502

I disagree,

Investors are still not sure about Tim and the direction he is taking for Apple, any of these small issues (8.0.1/bendgate/beat's deal/iwatch) will deter nervous (educated) investors.

I have been on the sideline, always a supporter of Apple but now I am jittery about the stocks as I dont see Apple to be that cohesive unit SJ built.

22. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

The stock is a few points off an all time high. I think people are pretty confident about Tim Cook. He did just pilot apple to its largest launch (and likely record revenues) in the history of the company.

Anytime negative news hits, your stock with take a hit of a few points. Once next week rolls around and this quiets down, it'll be back up in the 100's again.

23. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

Nah...

Attached Files:

24. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Time to BUY BUY BUY! :D

:apple:

25. Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

I'm so sick of hearing about OMG! It bends??? Are people so short sided that they've forgotten that people .. (A few) had the same exact thing to say about the 5s??? My 5s never had an issue with bending.. But if it did that's why I bought Apple care+. What about thin phones and aluminum don't they get??? Aluminum is a weak metal..didn't we learn that in school? Thin things can bend and break... Any thing thin can snap.. And aluminum is weak... Duh... I carry mine in my pocket all the time, if I sit down I remove it. I've never sat down with any phone in my back or front pocket.. Why ? Well it's not comfortable.. Not a IPhone 4,5s or much bigger 6. End of rant, some people really don't seem to use the brains God gave them .