The reason why i'm pissed

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by egeek84, Apr 23, 2015.

1. egeek84 macrumors 6502

egeek84

is cuz I forced myself to stay up til midnight back on the 10th, ordered right as soon as it hit midnight, frantically hitting F5 on my keyboard until I was able to get my order in and for that, it feels like nothing was gained.

What was the point of preorders then if people who are just now placing orders able to get theirs the next day?

It's not right Apple and for the first time in 4 years, I am NOT receiving my new iPhone or iPad or in this case, Apple Watch, on launch day.

You guys seriously screwed up somewhere and I know you keep saying it's your first new product category but this is NOT your first rodeo and you should have prepared/known better.

Very dissapointed. I really expected better from you guys.

2. inkyoto macrumors regular

inkyoto

I feel you - mine hasn't shipped yet - but keep in mind that if you didn't stay up late, you would have gotten on the June train ;) There are some models that are shipping really fast, but those aren't the models that you want, right? Baby blue 38mm?

I understand how you feel, and I hate that I'm not getting mine tomorrow, but just something to keep in mind.

3. darkgremio macrumors 6502

I agree, I'm pessimistic and I'm sure there was a flaw in the shipping, or production process. I just hope I get a watch by next week or Saturday.

4. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

TL;DR - I'm a whiny, entitled little snot that isn't getting my way so now I'm throwing a tantrum.

5. adammull macrumors 6502a

adammull

Oh look, an original thought.

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

The reason some people who just recently ordered are getting shipping is because they ordered an unpopular one. You should have just done that.

7. pavanluvin macrumors member

What would make me feel better is if they told us the reason for the delay instead of us just guessing. Truth always wins. If not it always comes out later....

8. trekkie604 macrumors 65816

trekkie604

'forced to stay up until midnight' oh noes...

9. pragmatous macrumors 65816

Seriously dude? You're acting like a 4 year old.

10. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Because you deserve more than anyone? What exactly is your point? Many people stayed up. You also assume that all the posters here are being truthful.

It is a watch. It does some extra stuff but the Sun will rise tomorrow and the next day even if you Watch does not arrive.

11. KGWVU macrumors regular

KGWVU

I am not trying to be mean when I say this but if you let a watch preorder affect your life in this way, you need some real perspective in your life. My Apple watch will not be here tomorrow, either. I am disappointed but life goes on and I will eventually get the watch.

Rather than sit around sulking all day tomorrow, get out and do something. Build something, do something nice for somebody... anything.

12. twisted-pixel macrumors 6502a

twisted-pixel

My thinking is that the whole reason for pre-orders is to give apple an idea of what they need to build. But it seems that despite this, they have only been able to fulfil a fraction of what was ordered.

Seriously, what was the point of the pre-order?

13. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

The only people that ordered after and getting it earlier are the ones who ordered the blue and white sports band I believe.

14. Nicklaus macrumors 6502

Nicklaus

I willingly stayed up till 3:15AM and went to sleep at 4-ish. I get one of the two I ordered tomorrow, but am missing the important one for a gift for my amazing Dad that went thru open heart surgery and I got one for him so he could track his recovery and we could send heartbeats to each other so that we can be thankful that his still beats.

I feel like I lost nothing staying up late, I mean I would be no different today had I went to bed on time. I do wish I had his watch but it will be here soon, and I am definitely not pissed at Apple for anything.

15. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

Ordered at :04am. Extremely angry right now. Still processing.

16. ColDan macrumors member

and some were told they would get it in two days, while other had ordered over a week before

17. Lucifer666 macrumors 6502a

Find something that gives you much more pleasure and do it. You will forget about this.

trust me :)

18. MartyCan macrumors 65816

MartyCan

Feel free to cancel your order. That will show them! Might help the rest of us too.

Oh yeah, and get some real perspective too.

19. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I'm happy my preorder is delivering tomorrow.

20. MultiMediaWill macrumors 68000

k.

21. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

You may have ordered a popular style. As other ppl have said. There are a ton of combos you can get for each watch. I can order a lime green apple watch right now. And may get mine before yours. Simply because the watch I ordered is in abundance cause no one ordered that one.

Perhaps you could have ordered one with a rare band. And just bought the spare band you wanted to go with the watch you ordered?

22. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Apple or AT&T jacked up my order on the iPhone 6 and I ended up getting mine a week or two after launch despite literally placing an order within 15 minutes of the store allowing it. I survived.

It's a completely new product, and you can't ramp up supply infinitely because demand will spike at launch and then go down. Would you rather wait another three months or whatever for the supply to get built up to meet first day demand?

23. SixtyK macrumors 6502a

SixtyK

Oh look, I've touched a nerve.

24. Nicholasredford macrumors regular

People, this is a forum board set up for Apple fans to join together and talk about all the technology that excites or frustrates us. The op clearly cares a lot about getting the product on launch day. It's a big deal. For a lot of us, launch day is a holiday. If anyone cares this much about these products, this is where they belong, on this site, in these forums. If you don't care as much, fine, I get it, we all get it. If it bothers you that much that this person is so upset, so be it, laugh at him to yourself, secure in your knowledge that the things you find important are much more worthy of being cared about. What do you gain by berating the op? He cares, you don't. We get it, you're clearly a better person.

25. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

I guess you have to think about it this way:

Imagine they're opening the front door at Walmart on the morning of Black Friday. While you have a big shopping list, your heart is set on the new Xbox One that's they're blowing out for $199.

Near the front of the line, you rush in and run to the product you want. Of course, they only have two Xbox Ones and they're already grabbed by the people at the front of the line.

Yet, the store remains open all day on Black Friday, and near the end of the day, someone walks in and grabs an Ouya from a stack on the floor for $39.

It's not just where in the queue you were, but the particular product you wanted. Perhaps if you had a few favorites, you could've tried a different model to get a different timeframe.

I also remember people walking out of the AT&T store on one of the iPhone launch days, skipping out on getting the 8GB black iPhone because they really wanted the 16GB white iPhone.

That's why some people were able to place an order last night on a particular WATCH model and getting a shipping notice for this Friday, yet I placed an order a week ago and I'm still waiting for a SS Milanese and a SS Blue Modern Buckle with June ship dates.