the "shift function" of Mac Leopard when using windows

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ronald2009mac, Dec 14, 2009.

1. ronald2009mac macrumors newbie

I am struggling on how to execute this operation in Mac computer when using windows. While using windows on Mac Leopard, i want to do this operation "Shift + left click"...for example, from 1 - 10 items, I would only like to select 1,2,3,7,8,9,10 without selecting 4,5,6 items... I would be grateful for any help.Thanks

2. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Try this:

System Preferences > Keyboard, Keyboard tab, then check "Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys".

"When this option is selected, press the Fn key to use the special features printed on each key."

3. ronald2009mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the reply...Unfortunately,it still doe not work... Re: I want to use the "Shift + key" function in Windows inside my Mac Leopard....Thanks

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

I'm not sure what you want ... in Windows, holding shift then clicking item 1 and item 10 will select 1-10. You can use control to select 1-3 and then 7-10.

5. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Thought it was worth a try. It essentially disables the special functions, unless you use the Fn key, so I thought the shift + key might work too.

6. ronald2009mac thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, you got my point...However, it did not work. Actually, im trying to use this operation in Erdas, ArcView, ArcGIS (all GIS and RS software). I was using this operation (easily) in Windows before..anyway, thanks a lot.