The side button functionality

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Pagemakers, May 23, 2015.

1. Pagemakers macrumors 68000

Pagemakers

I think the main feature of the side button - friends, is a total waste of time. I just never use it.

Sending heartbeats, touches or those silly drawings is something you do once and after realising how bad they are you never do again.

If you text or call somebody you are going to need to use your voice so why not use Siri to invoke the call or text anyway?

I think we should have been given an option for the button's functionality. It would be far better used for invoking and cycling through glances or notifications or invoking the app page.

I've sent feedback to Apple.

Can you think of a better function for the side button?

2. gr8tfly, May 23, 2015
    Last edited: May 23, 2015

gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

Apple Pay. Oh wait...

(Edit: Ah... Missed the U.K. Location. But, I doubt they'd change a major function. One never knows though – I remember the iPad side orientation switch functionality they changed in one iOS version. After a user backlash, they returned the original function.)

3. h9826790 macrumors 604

h9826790

Siri may not be that good in other languages.

4. urbancity macrumors member

the double clicking of the side button to launch Apple Pay is wasted outside the US. It would be great if Apple allowed users to customize that action to something else, e.g. Passbook..