The Sims 3 In Production?

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by ::Lisa::, Jan 28, 2008.

1. ::Lisa:: macrumors 6502a

::Lisa::

I just heard from my other forum that The Sims 3 is now in production and is expected to be released some time next year. Anyone else hear this? If so, are you excited about this?

2. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Wow 163 views and no replies.
    I guess no-one is interested then [​IMG]

3. Mercuric Oxide macrumors 6502

Probably because the only member of the Mac family that can handle the Sims 2 in all its glory (5+ story custom lots, community lots with 15+ sims at once) is the Mac Pro - so people just want to be able to play Sims 2 for now.

Anyway, if you search for previews, you'll see that it has been in development since 2006 and will incorporate a lot of changes to make individual sims more unique.

I guess I'm excited, but I'm not looking forward to the -start from scratch then buy 7 expansions- model

4. dogtanian macrumors 6502

dogtanian

I certainly am, agree with mercuric oxide re: purchasing EP's

5. Eric Lewis macrumors 68020

Eric Lewis

im so exicted

I <3 SIMS!

6. ::Lisa:: thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeh, I understand what your saying. I was kinda hoping they would include Seasons in it as default since that's what happens in real life, but I know they won't anyway since its just easier to make more money with people buying as an expansion.

7. davidstechshow macrumors newbie

I agree about the expansions but the macpro part i have to disagree a macbook pro or imac will run them on all high settings just fine :apple:

8. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

I am very excited!!! It look so amazing. And my MBP better be able to handle it!

9. Jak3 macrumors regular

I'm excited, but there are bigger fish than Sims 3 to fry ATM :D

10. chocochipbunny macrumors newbie

I am very excited, but will they come out with sims 3 for mac? I hope so, although it is more expensive.:apple:

11. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple

I'd like to see how they can top The Sims 2, without going down the whole "it's got much better graphics (that your PC can't handle...)" route, in all honesty, I think the Sims 2 (+ expansion packs) is pretty close to the perfect game.

Before I'm coined as a fanboy, let me state, I find the Sims to be a very boring game, but it's fascinating at the same time.

I don't think there's too much more they can add into the Sims 3 before it does become close to a fully virtual reality environment...

12. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

I think that's the idea.

I for one can't wait for the Sims 3. It seems like a good game, but I just hope that my poor little MacBook Pro can run it when it comes out.

13. thebassoonist macrumors 6502a

thebassoonist

So true. I love it because I get to just sit back and relax, listen to music, and do nothing productive. Other games require thinking... the Sims doesn't require much. :p

14. northy124 macrumors 68020

northy124

From what I have seen of the PC screens and video it is going to be the best one yet, You get cars as standard and you can actually walk outside and around the neighbourhood without the need for a taxi just to go next door.

I just hope they don't **** up the Mac version.

15. muldul macrumors 6502

Info on this was released by EA and maxis a while ago, and yes i am very excited, will get it on PC though so i can play it sooner

16. nintendude macrumors 6502

so excited for the sims 3! hope they release the Mac and PC version on one disk like Spore

17. davidstechshow macrumors newbie

Yeah that would be very cool.:apple:

18. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I would be excited but I just didn't enjoy The Sims 2 as much as The Sims, the game was too focused on role-playing, building up a family and getting a huge income was a pretty easy and rapid affair, the rest really was up to you to roleplay.

The last expansion I got was Pets, I LOVED that one, pets are really fun to have on a family but I got bored with the game pretty quickly then too.

I'll probably end up getting The Sims 3 but it seems the game is too focused on the social and role-playing aspect of the game instead of the house building, maintenance and climb to success aspects like The Sims 1. While they'll probably still use the expansion model, I think some things like pets and seasons will be included from the get-go.

When is it coming out anyways?

19. nintendude macrumors 6502

sometime in 2009

20. e-z-z-z-a macrumors newbie

e-z-z-z-a

Sims ! ZOMG ???

I am a sims lover. I loved the original sims and now love the sims 2. The thing about the sims though, is that it costs money, a lot. When we add up all the sims 2 games, it comes to over 100's of pounds. Why can't EA put everything into one, and of course if they do they'll eventually find a way to make another edition. This is why I am not going to be wetting myself over the sims 3. I like the sims 2, my mac can handle it (presuming it won't with the sims 3) and the sims 3 looks not much different other than you can go outside without waiting. But it's still exciting to see what it would be like.

21. nintendude macrumors 6502

the games and expansion packs do cost a lot but if you really want them all, there is a decent chance EA/Maxis will make the complete collection for the game but you just got to wait a while

22. Lari macrumors newbie

I'm looking forward to the new Sims also. I've played both the original and 2. I think I enjoy building and decorating the houses more than anything, though I spent a *lot* of time with the Bon Voyage expansion finding all the extras from each spot. Took me forever to get teleport!

But I like the idea that all the sims will age, not just the one I'm playing. That way when my teenage daughter has her first kiss, she might actually be able to end up marrying the guy instead of her outgrowing him. LOL

23. nintendude macrumors 6502

they just announced a release date of Feb. 20, 2009!

24. freckles macrumors newbie

The windows version is set to come out feb 2009, but I don't think we can expect the mac version for awhile?

25. e-z-z-z-a macrumors newbie

e-z-z-z-a

huh ?

Maybe (hopefully) they - EA - will do what they just did with spore, and release the same game on the same disc for the different os's =]
    I hope they do xD

But lets hope we can install it more than 3 times, unlike spore.