Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
So I saw this the other day and I had to take a photo:

What the f...how does that even happen?

I was looking at Google Earth for a particularly horrific car park I occasionally use, but this one across the street from it looks even worse from above...

Ouch, the door dings.

In most UK car parks it's quite normal for there to be no more than two feet between optimally parked cars. The one above appears to be tighter than that.

Also, never park downhill from a shopping cart corral.

Or just never park near a shopping cart corral, period, because people are lazy and will take their cart up to the corral but not actually push it in.

I also like spots next to handicapped spaces, since they are not used that often and usually have a buffer zone around them.

No way. I'll walk a half mile before parking next to a handicapped spot. I've seen old people drive and I've seen how old people park. I don't want my car anywhere near them.

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Or just never park near a shopping cart corral, period, because people are lazy and will take their cart up to the corral but not actually push it in.

It boggles my mind when I see carts literally 10 feet from the corral. It's not even a situation where the cart rolled out, it's 2-3 spots away in the same row of spots. Are we THAT lazy? One of the markets here actually "reserves" the spots (using moveable signs since we get snow and they need to plow) directly adjacent to the corrals for "shoppers with children" so they can unload the groceries and put the cart away without being too far from the car.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.