The student rebate claim

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Laughingman13, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Laughingman13 macrumors member

When you submit your rebate claim for the student's back to school thing, do they automatically send our you check?

Or do they need time for someone to check your claim and then they mail your check?

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

it takes a while, like all rebates

3. Laughingman13 thread starter macrumors member

why does it take so long?

4. sammich macrumors 601

sammich

Well, because they can? You're getting a discount/something for nothing, why should they hurry to return the money?

5. Aloush macrumors member

How long would you say it takes?
    I would actually like to know as my cousin is ordering me one from america as he is there at the moment and i need him to claim the rebate within about a month
    Does it usualy take longer than a month?

6. mward333 macrumors 6502a

mward333

I helped someone in my family (a teacher) buy a Macbook this weekend at an Apple Store, and I was impressed that the Apple employee helped her to complete the rebate processing while she was still there, in the store. I mean, she didn't get her check in the store (of course it will still be sent in the postal mail), but this will surely improve the processing time.

[In contrast--during previous years--I always bought a Mac for this rebate from the online Apple store, and then I mailed my rebate, and it would take about a month, as I recall....]