The ultimate Pro Display XDR info thread

Adult80HD

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2019
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP797?locale=en_US Here it says only W5700X supports DSC, and can work with 3 Pro Display XDR instead of 2 like Vega II :)
True, but the Vega II has double the memory, almost double the stream processors, much faster memory with more bandwidth, higher compute power etc. I'm going to use those for sure, but three ProDisplay XDR's? I might get a second one, but really, I've never had three displays and doubt I ever will. TB3 ports? I don't need those on the monitor, I've got tons all over the Mac Pro already.

kid2010

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
True, but the Vega II has double the memory, almost double the stream processors, much faster memory with more bandwidth, higher compute power etc. I'm going to use those for sure, but three ProDisplay XDR's? I might get a second one, but really, I've never had three displays and doubt I ever will. TB3 ports? I don't need those on the monitor, I've got tons all over the Mac Pro already.
Yeah it's pretty rare that people will use three Pro Display XDR at the same time on a single card. I'm just a little surprised that DSC support wasn't on Vega II. Having the possibility to drive 8K@60Hz over a single cable would be nice 😅

apple2me

macrumors newbie
Mar 12, 2010
Does the display get noticeably warm in the back? Especially with videos or some complex rendering?

AdamSeen

macrumors regular
Jun 5, 2013
Output from AGDCDiagnose command will tell if the display is connected with DSC or not, DisplayPort version, speed, number of lanes, connections, MST or not.
That’s good info for debugging. You’ll also find it on the page linked above, to show which ones support DSC.

joevt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
https://support.apple.com/kb/SP797?locale=en_US Here it says only W5700X supports DSC, and can work with 3 Pro Display XDR instead of 2 like Vega II :)
Yes, and I gave a method that will show if the display supports DSC and if the graphics card is using DSC.

I would like to see an AGDCDiagnose output for the display running at 6K with DSC and/or without. Also, a screenshot of the USB info from System Information.app for a USB 3.x device connected to the display (the output from system_profiler SPUSBDataType will show the same info in text form).

Reactions: AdamSeen

pixbroker

macrumors newbie
Dec 18, 2019
Does the display get noticeably warm in the back? Especially with videos or some complex rendering?
I find it doesn't get hot at all. Even after multiple hours of use, its only slightly above human body temperature. Someone on another thread was asking if there is a fan. There is NO fan, its passively cooled.

Reactions: apple2me

kid2010

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
I find it doesn't get hot at all. Even after multiple hours of use, its only slightly above human body temperature. Someone on another thread was asking if there is a fan. There is NO fan, its passively cooled.
There are fans in there 😅Under the normal operation without HDR content, the fan won't cause audible noise.

joevt shared a useful tool bundled with macOS to gather information from sensors inside Pro Display XDR. You can run /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/DisplayDiagnose and see the temperature and energy usage information. It's pretty neat that there are sensors to measure temperature of all 576 LEDs individually in there 🤯

Screen Shot 2020-01-01 at 8.42.51 PM.png

Reactions: apple2me

emraha06

macrumors regular
Dec 1, 2017
Got my Pro Display XDR on Friday and thought it would be worthwhile to share some details/info I really wanted to know before receiving it but couldn't find until I could finally test myself.

How much glare does the Standard Glass really have?

I got the standard glass but in practice I don't see any glare at all when working head on. I'm coming from a 5K iMac to the Pro Display + 16" MBP, and I feel like this display actually has less glare than my iMac did, and I could only see glare on that display if I was really looking for it.

View attachment 885384

There is some glare in my room from side viewing angles, but again nothing when working head-on.

View attachment 885385

I don't have the ability to compare this to a nano version but I can say I don't regret getting the standard glass at all, looks fantastic.

What resolutions does the display support?

The Pro Display XDR supports the following resolutions:

• 6016 x 3384
  • 3008 x 1692 (default)
  • 2560 x 1440
  • 1920 x 1080
  • 1504 x 846
  • 1280 x 720
View attachment 885386

One thing that is a little surprising is that there are no resolutions between 3008 and 6016. Normally Apple includes some "more space" style options that have a lower DPI than true Retina (for example the 5K iMac goes all the way up to 3200 x 1800 of workspace, which is more than you get with the Pro Display XDR).

This is totally fine for me as I was using the default 2560 x 1440 resolution on the 5K iMac anyways and value the true 2x resolution more than an increase in workspace, but surprising nonetheless.

The 6016 x 3384 option is basically useless for any real work and I'm surprised it's listed as a default option (I feel like I had to use third-party tools to do 5120 x 2880 on my iMac). Everything is just way to small of course.

Can the Pro Display XDR be used effectively as a dock for your other peripherals?

The Pro Display has three USB C ports on the back that Apple claims as being "for charging and syncing", which wasn't exactly a useful description to me. I was hoping I could connect things like my audio interface or Elgato Cam Link and potentially avoid the need for a dock like the CalDigit TS3.

I don't have any USB A to USB C adapters so I haven't been able to actually test this yet (will be able to tomorrow) but what I've learned scouring other threads/documents is that the USB C ports on the back of the Pro Display actually support USB 3.1 speeds when the display is connected to the 16" MBP, but not when the display is connected to the Mac Pro (they only support USB 2.0 speeds there).

My understanding is this has something to do with Display Stream Compression being used on the 16" MBP but not by the Mac Pro? If anyone knows more about this please share and I'll update this post 👍🏻

I bought a CalDigit TS3 anyways and am currently using that, with the Pro Display and the TS3 both connected directly to my 16" MBP, both on the same side. I worried this might not work as I've heard things claiming you can only get max bandwidth out of one port per side of the MBP.

I've got an audio interface and the Cam Link 4K connected to the TS3 though and have seen no issues, so I suspect it will continue to work fine.

I'm waiting on a handful of USB-C adapters to come in the mail tomorrow at which point I'll test connecting the Cam Link 4K and audio interface directly to the Pro Display to see if I'm capable of getting everything working through a single cable.

Things that caught me by surprise

You can't adjust the brightness using any presets other than "Pro Display XDR" and "Apple Display"

This was a really weird surprise and I am very curious why this is the case, but if you use any of the reference modes other than the default "Pro Display XDR" mode or the "Apple Display" mode, the brightness control is disabled and can't be adjusted at all:

View attachment 885397

The brightness level forced on you is not very bright at all either, certainly too dark to comfortably work in my office. Maybe experts on this stuff can chime in and explain why this might be the case, or if this is "correct" for doing the type of work you'd use these modes for.

Personally I am a little bummed even the "Internet & Web" preset has no brightness adjustment, because that's the work I do and I was curious to try doing web design work in that mode.

You can't control brightness using the brightness keys on Apple keyboards

Maybe this isn't surprising to others but with my MacBook in clamshell mode, I was hoping the brightness keys on my external keyboard would control the brightness of the display but they don't, so I need to open the display preferences any time I want to change the brightness. If anyone knows of a work around for this that would be awesome.

The Pro Display XDR requires 10.15.2 to work properly, but still "works" on earlier 10.15.x versions

I was running 10.15.1 (I think) when I first connected the XDR display, and at first it seemed like everything was working fine but then I noticed all sorts of awful display artifacts along two full-width strips on the screen.

View attachment 885398

I was extremely nervous that my display was defective, but updating to 10.15.2 fixed it.

Other questions? Ask!

If anyone has any other questions or things they'd like me to test, let me know and happy to try and find out! It doesn't seem that there are a ton of these things being used in the wild yet (at least not by people active in online communities) so it's hard to find info. I'll do my best to make this thread the ultimate resource for people curious about this display 👍🏻
Did you notice backlight bleeding on this amazing display? If you share a picture about this we would be very happy...
The picture has to be taken in an absolute dark room and black background with %100 brightness. www.lightbleedtest.com may help you.
Thanks, happy new year...

joevt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
joevt shared a useful tool bundled with macOS to gather information from sensors inside Pro Display XDR. You can run /System/Library/Extensions/AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/MacOS/DisplayDiagnose and see the temperature and energy usage information. It's pretty neat that there are sensors to measure temperature of all 576 LEDs individually in there 🤯
What does the output look like from DisplayDiagnose? I don't have an XDR display so it doesn't produce output for me.

Coyote2006

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2006
How does the 16" MBP handle the XDR? Are the fans spinning up on normal work? What model do you have? Is the MBP closed on work?

henrymyf

macrumors newbie
Dec 2, 2015
Got my Pro Display XDR on Friday and thought it would be worthwhile to share some details/info I really wanted to know before receiving it but couldn't find until I could finally test myself.

How much glare does the Standard Glass really have?

I got the standard glass but in practice I don't see any glare at all when working head on. I'm coming from a 5K iMac to the Pro Display + 16" MBP, and I feel like this display actually has less glare than my iMac did, and I could only see glare on that display if I was really looking for it.

View attachment 885384

There is some glare in my room from side viewing angles, but again nothing when working head-on.

View attachment 885385

I don't have the ability to compare this to a nano version but I can say I don't regret getting the standard glass at all, looks fantastic.

What resolutions does the display support?

The Pro Display XDR supports the following resolutions:

• 6016 x 3384
  • 3008 x 1692 (default)
  • 2560 x 1440
  • 1920 x 1080
  • 1504 x 846
  • 1280 x 720
View attachment 885386

One thing that is a little surprising is that there are no resolutions between 3008 and 6016. Normally Apple includes some "more space" style options that have a lower DPI than true Retina (for example the 5K iMac goes all the way up to 3200 x 1800 of workspace, which is more than you get with the Pro Display XDR).

This is totally fine for me as I was using the default 2560 x 1440 resolution on the 5K iMac anyways and value the true 2x resolution more than an increase in workspace, but surprising nonetheless.

The 6016 x 3384 option is basically useless for any real work and I'm surprised it's listed as a default option (I feel like I had to use third-party tools to do 5120 x 2880 on my iMac). Everything is just way to small of course.

Can the Pro Display XDR be used effectively as a dock for your other peripherals?

The Pro Display has three USB C ports on the back that Apple claims as being "for charging and syncing", which wasn't exactly a useful description to me. I was hoping I could connect things like my audio interface or Elgato Cam Link and potentially avoid the need for a dock like the CalDigit TS3.

I don't have any USB A to USB C adapters so I haven't been able to actually test this yet (will be able to tomorrow) but what I've learned scouring other threads/documents is that the USB C ports on the back of the Pro Display actually support USB 3.1 speeds when the display is connected to the 16" MBP, but not when the display is connected to the Mac Pro (they only support USB 2.0 speeds there).

My understanding is this has something to do with Display Stream Compression being used on the 16" MBP but not by the Mac Pro? If anyone knows more about this please share and I'll update this post 👍🏻

I bought a CalDigit TS3 anyways and am currently using that, with the Pro Display and the TS3 both connected directly to my 16" MBP, both on the same side. I worried this might not work as I've heard things claiming you can only get max bandwidth out of one port per side of the MBP.

I've got an audio interface and the Cam Link 4K connected to the TS3 though and have seen no issues, so I suspect it will continue to work fine.

I'm waiting on a handful of USB-C adapters to come in the mail tomorrow at which point I'll test connecting the Cam Link 4K and audio interface directly to the Pro Display to see if I'm capable of getting everything working through a single cable.

Things that caught me by surprise

You can't adjust the brightness using any presets other than "Pro Display XDR" and "Apple Display"

This was a really weird surprise and I am very curious why this is the case, but if you use any of the reference modes other than the default "Pro Display XDR" mode or the "Apple Display" mode, the brightness control is disabled and can't be adjusted at all:

View attachment 885397

The brightness level forced on you is not very bright at all either, certainly too dark to comfortably work in my office. Maybe experts on this stuff can chime in and explain why this might be the case, or if this is "correct" for doing the type of work you'd use these modes for.

Personally I am a little bummed even the "Internet & Web" preset has no brightness adjustment, because that's the work I do and I was curious to try doing web design work in that mode.

You can't control brightness using the brightness keys on Apple keyboards

Maybe this isn't surprising to others but with my MacBook in clamshell mode, I was hoping the brightness keys on my external keyboard would control the brightness of the display but they don't, so I need to open the display preferences any time I want to change the brightness. If anyone knows of a work around for this that would be awesome.

The Pro Display XDR requires 10.15.2 to work properly, but still "works" on earlier 10.15.x versions

I was running 10.15.1 (I think) when I first connected the XDR display, and at first it seemed like everything was working fine but then I noticed all sorts of awful display artifacts along two full-width strips on the screen.

View attachment 885398

I was extremely nervous that my display was defective, but updating to 10.15.2 fixed it.

Other questions? Ask!

If anyone has any other questions or things they'd like me to test, let me know and happy to try and find out! It doesn't seem that there are a ton of these things being used in the wild yet (at least not by people active in online communities) so it's hard to find info. I'll do my best to make this thread the ultimate resource for people curious about this display 👍🏻
Have you tried connect it with Windows PC with mordern video card, to see if the 6K resolution could be supported? Thanks

kid2010

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
What does the output look like from DisplayDiagnose? I don't have an XDR display so it doesn't produce output for me.
Code:
Fetching display diagnose data for path IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC04@0/AppleACPIPCI/MCP0@0/IOPP/US00@0/IOPP/DS0D@D/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB2@2/IOPP/XHC2@0/XHC2@08000000/HS01@08100000/USB2.0 Hub@08100000/AppleUSB20Hub@08100000/AppleUSB20HubPort@08140000/Pro Display XDR@08140000
Get list of supported commands
Supported commands: 19 20 1 21 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
VERSION: 1.22.23

Serial Number : X

Board Rev: 7 PVT

DMC version: 01.04.17
ACE version: 2.31.0
USB version: 54.26
TCON version: 6.37
VCOM version: 5.40

PCDS version: 0x412

Board ID: 0x01

Chip ID: 740

DMC ECID ID: X

TCON Board ID: 1 Valid: 1 Production Status: 1

TCON Chip ID: 2101

TCON ECID ID: X

Asset id: tcmf
State: OK
Active Version : 0.0.1
Update Version : 0.0.1
Update size : 0
Commit Attempts : 0
Max Commit Attempts : 0
Successful Updates: 0
Failed Updates: 0
User Data: X

Asset id: SYST
Successful Updates: 1
User Data: 0

Asset id: IM4M
Active Version : 1.22.23
Update Version : 1.22.23
Update size : 2610

Asset id: IM4N
Active Version : 1.22.23
Update Version : 1.22.23
Update size : 2079

Asset id: duhf
Active Version : 54.26.0
Update Version : 54.26.0
Update size : 24576

Asset id: thrd
Active Version : 0.1.2
Update Version : 0.1.2
Update size : 1425610

Asset id: dvf1
Active Version : 5.64.0
Update Version : 5.64.0
Update size : 21328

Asset id: tcon
Active Version : 6.55.73
Update Version : 6.55.73
Update size : 98295

Asset id: trin
Active Version : 112.73.0
Update Version : 112.73.0
Update size : 65384

Asset id: cabl
Active Version : 85.73.0
Update Version : 85.73.0
Update size : 113692

Asset id: bklc
Active Version : 173.30.73
Update Version : 173.30.73
Update size : 70167

Asset id: ttld
Active Version : 3.1.73
Update Version : 3.1.73
Update size : 647168

Asset id: tprd
Active Version : 4.18.73
Update Version : 4.18.73
Update size : 4194304
Successful Updates: 2

Asset id: dfw1
Active Version : 1.4.17
Update Version : 1.4.17
Update size : 814216

Asset id: dutf
Active Version : 51.6.0
Update Version : 51.6.0
Update size : 479232

TiltX: 0 deg
TiltY: 0 deg
TiltZ: 0 deg

Key: Orientation accelerometer data
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x09 0x01 0x45 0x00 0x29 0xC1 0xCD 0x20 0xFB

Key: Backlight Level
0x711B

Key: Backlight TCON reference white
0xFFFF

Key: ALS0 Illuminance
0x42BE09FD

Key: ALS0 cct
0x45A3BE25

Key: ALS0 color_x
0x3EADF7F9

Key: ALS0 color_y
0x3EB3D5ED

Key: ALS1 Illuminance
0x42196752

Key: ALS1 cct
0x459A5FF6

Key: ALS1 color_x
0x3EB08555

Key: ALS1 color_y
0x3EB346F8

Key: Current Preset
0x00000004

Key: Next Preset
0x10041193

Key: Preset State
0x00000000

Key: Preset event in progress
0x00000002

Key: DPRE > DPMN
0x0004

Key: DPRE > DPMX
0x01F4

Key: DPRE > DPDF
0x015E

Key: DPRE > DPMS
0x01F4

Key: DPRE > DPLM
0x0640

Key: DPRE > DPLR
0x03E8

TCON STATUS 0x43B:0xdc, 0x43C:0x1, 0x437:0x1

TCON Firmware: 0x0637
Backlight Firmware: 0xad1e
Trinity Firmware: 0x0070
Cabal Firmware: 0x0055
TCON Bundle: 0x0646

TCON SI Version:0x11

MP DP revision: 0x14

SP DP revision: 0x14

MP DP Link Capability: 0x1e

SP DP Link Capability: 0x1e

MP LinkRate: HBR3

MP Lanecount:0x4

MP Linkstatus01: 0x77

MP Linkstatus23: 0x77

MP LinkAlignment: 0x1

MP DP Synchronization: 0x5

SP LinkRate: HBR3

SP Lanecount: 0x4

SP Linkstatus01: 0x77

SP Linkstatus23: 0x77

SP LinkAlignment: 0x1

SP DP Synchronization: 0x1

Dual Port: 0x3

DSC status: Disabled

TCON HDR TYPE:0x4 PQ

MP HTOTAL: 3076

MP HSTART: 60

MP HWIDTH: 3008

MP VTOTAL: 3516

MP VSTART: 14

MP VHEIGHT: 3384

MP BITDEPTH: 10

SP HTOTAL: 3076

SP HSTART: 60

SP HWIDTH: 3008

SP VTOTAL: 3516

SP VSTART: 14

SP VHEIGHT: 3384

SP BITDEPTH: 10

MP CRC0: 580b_3df1_8e5c_2c

MP CRC1: 580b_3df1_8e5c_2c

MP CRC2: 580b_3df1_8e5c_2c

MP CRC3: 580b_3df1_8e5c_2c

MP CRC4: 580b_3df1_8e5c_2c

SP CRC0: 30c058_e0_68072_2a

SP CRC1: 30c058_e0_68072_2a

SP CRC2: 30c058_e0_68072_2a

SP CRC3: 30c058_e0_68072_2a

SP CRC4: 30c058_e0_68072_2a

Slave status: 0xb_0xc0_0x0_0x0

EDID index[0]: 0xad EDID index[1]: 0x1e

MP HDCP version: 2.2

MP HDCP2.2 status: DONE

MP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE

MP HDCP Enc status: ON //Link Integrity check: PASS

SP HDCP version: 2.2

SP HDCP2.2 status: DONE

SP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE

SP HDCP Enc status: ON //Link Integrity check: PASS

600 Panel status: 0x1

DPM Panel status: 0x1

H Panel status: 0x1

H Panel counter: 0x0

CFE: 0x0_0x0_0x0_0x0

Irrecoverable Error Register: 0x0
TCON SYS EVENT: 0x0 0x0
TCON SYS EVENT - Mask Register DPCD436 : 0xff

TCON HWCID: 0x000e

IOREPORTING_KEY_TCON_INFO: 0x0000083587
TCON Board id: 0x1
TCON Chip Epoch: 0x0
TCON Highest Manifest Epoch: 0x0
TCON Chip ID: 0x0835
TCON Production Status: 0x1
TCON Security Domain : 0x1
TCON OTP Valid Flag: 0x1

TCON Date Lot Code: X
TCON Date: 19.11.27
TCON Lot Code:  K3YJN

TCON UCID: X

TCON Parameter 0: 0x7f

TCON HWCFGID 0: 0x01

TCON EPOCH 0: 0x0

LED Efficiency 1:
99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995

LED Efficiency 2:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995

LED Efficiency 3:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995

LED Efficiency 4:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 5:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 6:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 7:

LED Efficiency 8:

LED Efficiency 9:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 10:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 11:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 12:

LED Efficiency 13:

LED Efficiency 14:

LED Efficiency 15:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 16:

LED Efficiency 17:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED Efficiency 18:
99.996 99.996 99.996 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.994 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.995 99.996 99.996 99.996

LED temperature:
27.379 27.379 27.379 27.379 27.309 27.309 27.621 27.621 27.621 27.621 28.219 28.219 28.047 28.047 28.047 28.047 27.754 27.754 27.754 27.754 28.109 28.109 27.570 27.570 27.570 27.570 27.379 27.379 27.234 27.234 27.234 27.234
27.379 27.379 27.379 27.379 27.309 27.309 27.621 27.621 27.621 27.621 28.219 28.219 28.047 28.047 28.047 28.047 27.754 27.754 27.754 27.754 28.109 28.109 27.570 27.570 27.570 27.570 27.379 27.379 27.234 27.234 27.234 27.234
27.578 27.578 27.578 27.578 27.254 27.254 27.602 27.602 27.602 27.602 27.988 27.988 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.051 28.051 28.051 28.051 27.801 27.801 27.484 27.484 27.484 27.484 27.613 27.613 27.469 27.469 27.469 27.469
27.578 27.578 27.578 27.578 27.254 27.254 27.602 27.602 27.602 27.602 27.988 27.988 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.051 28.051 28.051 28.051 27.801 27.801 27.484 27.484 27.484 27.484 27.613 27.613 27.469 27.469 27.469 27.469
27.934 27.934 27.934 27.934 27.535 27.535 28.234 28.234 28.234 28.234 28.820 28.820 29.117 29.117 29.117 29.117 28.766 28.766 28.766 28.766 28.484 28.484 28.363 28.363 28.363 28.363 28.117 28.117 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.066
27.934 27.934 27.934 27.934 27.535 27.535 28.234 28.234 28.234 28.234 28.820 28.820 29.117 29.117 29.117 29.117 28.766 28.766 28.766 28.766 28.484 28.484 28.363 28.363 28.363 28.363 28.117 28.117 28.066 28.066 28.066 28.066
28.035 28.035 28.035 28.035 27.969 27.969 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 29.547 29.547 29.547 29.547 29.258 29.258 29.258 29.258 28.602 28.602 28.465 28.465 28.465 28.465 27.965 27.965 28.133 28.133 28.133 28.133
28.035 28.035 28.035 28.035 27.969 27.969 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 28.527 29.547 29.547 29.547 29.547 29.258 29.258 29.258 29.258 28.602 28.602 28.465 28.465 28.465 28.465 27.965 27.965 28.133 28.133 28.133 28.133
27.820 27.820 27.820 27.820 27.824 27.824 28.215 28.215 28.215 28.215 29.168 29.168 29.367 29.367 29.367 29.367 28.922 28.922 28.922 28.922 29.383 29.383 28.492 28.492 28.492 28.492 27.871 27.871 28.156 28.156 28.156 28.156
27.820 27.820 27.820 27.820 27.824 27.824 28.215 28.215 28.215 28.215 29.168 29.168 29.367 29.367 29.367 29.367 28.922 28.922 28.922 28.922 29.383 29.383 28.492 28.492 28.492 28.492 27.871 27.871 28.156 28.156 28.156 28.156
27.934 27.934 27.934 27.934 27.871 27.871 27.984 27.984 27.984 27.984 27.918 27.918 28.633 28.633 28.633 28.633 28.691 28.691 28.691 28.691 28.355 28.355 28.086 28.086 28.086 28.086 27.551 27.551 27.941 27.941 27.941 27.941
27.934 27.934 27.934 27.934 27.871 27.871 27.984 27.984 27.984 27.984 27.918 27.918 28.633 28.633 28.633 28.633 28.691 28.691 28.691 28.691 28.355 28.355 28.086 28.086 28.086 28.086 27.551 27.551 27.941 27.941 27.941 27.941
28.875 28.875 28.875 28.875 28.191 28.191 28.555 28.555 28.555 28.555 28.441 28.441 28.816 28.816 28.816 28.816 28.777 28.777 28.777 28.777 28.766 28.766 28.590 28.590 28.590 28.590 27.934 27.934 28.102 28.102 28.102 28.102
28.875 28.875 28.875 28.875 28.191 28.191 28.555 28.555 28.555 28.555 28.441 28.441 28.816 28.816 28.816 28.816 28.777 28.777 28.777 28.777 28.766 28.766 28.590 28.590 28.590 28.590 27.934 27.934 28.102 28.102 28.102 28.102

LED current:
266 222 222 222 222 223 223 223 223 230 247 233 241 252 245 245 265 265 260 238 238 245 265 238 223 226 224 222 227 225 252 269
222 177 177 187 178 178 178 253 217 217 224 217 227 222 221 221 243 258 243 221 221 229 251 229 263 180 179 179 177 180 178 266
222 177 177 192 183 182 200 252 242 253 259 253 258 263 263 258 264 265 265 264 265 265 265 263 265 218 185 183 185 185 178 268
177 177 177 189 181 178 198 236 237 244 255 245 237 253 251 238 263 265 258 258 256 265 260 232 232 220 206 184 184 181 177 177
177 177 177 187 182 178 215 236 237 237 245 245 251 251 251 251 256 265 257 252 252 252 247 232 232 220 218 188 181 178 177 177
177 177 181 193 183 200 220 236 237 241 246 245 251 251 253 254 254 256 254 238 237 249 247 232 231 220 221 263 183 179 177 177
182 179 188 195 209 220 220 238 240 241 246 245 252 254 254 254 254 260 243 240 238 249 248 232 231 220 250 262 192 179 177 177
220 220 220 220 220 220 236 243 246 248 251 251 251 254 253 254 255 254 242 239 237 249 247 233 235 256 257 261 193 179 177 177
219 208 221 236 243 243 243 243 246 246 251 251 251 253 254 256 256 254 264 242 241 251 247 233 235 256 248 264 186 177 176 156
219 219 222 243 251 243 251 243 246 246 248 236 236 238 239 245 245 254 243 243 240 251 247 233 232 220 221 221 180 177 177 177
219 220 221 243 236 243 258 248 248 248 251 240 240 241 245 216 243 255 260 227 258 253 251 233 232 220 220 181 181 177 177 177
219 219 221 229 229 236 243 243 246 246 251 251 251 252 254 225 243 253 254 222 254 251 247 232 233 220 191 177 177 177 177 177
219 219 221 236 229 222 229 236 243 243 252 251 252 252 253 263 253 253 242 253 241 251 248 233 239 205 178 177 177 177 177 177
219 217 222 251 243 229 236 243 243 258 263 258 263 263 264 230 228 228 228 230 227 227 228 227 268 191 177 177 177 177 177 177
219 219 263 258 243 236 243 251 251 263 263 258 258 263 265 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 219 209 204 176 177 177 177 177 177
223 177 178 200 201 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 220 206 194 182 177 185 176 177 177 177 177 222
222 177 177 177 178 220 220 210 220 221 220 220 220 220 221 209 222 221 221 221 183 179 178 177 178 179 191 176 177 177 167 211
266 222 222 223 225 266 265 265 288 307 280 266 267 290 295 268 303 308 308 282 308 238 230 223 222 231 307 225 222 222 222 223

Key: TMSC > THES
0x07

Key: TMSC > THLR
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x30 0xC5 0x87 0xD2

Key: TMSC > THET
0x00000CF0

Key: TMSC > THBS
0x00000000

Key: TMSC > THDL
0x0A

Key: TMSC > THDS
0x00000000

Key: TMSC > THDC
0x00

Key: TMSC > LNQS
0x000A

Key: TMSC > LNDT
0x0BB8

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpB1
0x0888

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiB1
0x0006

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgB1
0x2E00

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoB1
0x03E7FFED

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsB1
0x001F9F6E

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpF1
0xF9DE

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiF1
0xFF37

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgF1
0x3000

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoF1
0x06400000

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsF1
0x00280000

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpF2
0xFC99

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiF2
0xFF78

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgF2
0x3200

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoF2
0x06400000

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsF2
0x00280000

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > CoBZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > WlBZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > CoFZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > WlFZ
0x00

Key: FANS > FnMd
0x00

Key: FANS > F0Tg
0x03E7

Key: FANS > F1Tg
0x03E7

Key: FANS > F0Ac
0x03EE

Key: FANS > F1Ac
0x03EC

Key: FANS > F0Ur
0x0000

Key: FANS > F1Ur
0x0000

Key: FANS > FTGR
0x03E7

Key: VTEQ > VTLD > VT
0x1C 0x1A 0x1B 0xF1 0x1C 0x28 0x1C 0x22 0x1C 0x11 0x1B 0x78 0x1B 0x3C 0x1B 0xEF 0x1B 0x8D 0x1B 0xDF 0x1B 0xF7 0x1C 0x1E 0x1B 0x9D 0x1B 0x61 0x1C 0x97 0x1C 0x16 0x1C 0x7E 0x1C 0x77 0x1C 0x5D 0x1B 0x7C 0x1B 0x92 0x1C 0xC4 0x1C 0x5B 0x1D 0x62 0x1C 0x9A 0x1C 0x7C 0x1B 0xCD 0x1C 0x1C 0x1C 0xC7 0x1C 0xB1 0x1C 0xEC 0x1D 0x42 0x1C 0xC4 0x1C 0x0D 0x1B 0xC1 0x1C 0xD1 0x1C 0xA2 0x1D 0x5E 0x1D 0x8C 0x1D 0x1E 0x1C 0x11 0x1C 0x0C 0x1C 0x71 0x1B 0xEB 0x1D 0x2B 0x1C 0x87 0x1C 0xD2 0x1B 0xFD 0x1C 0x38 0x1C 0x8E 0x1B 0xFC 0x1C 0x37 0x1C 0x87 0x1C 0x3C 0x1B 0x9A 0x1B 0x9F 0x1C 0x31 0x1B 0xDF 0x1B 0xD3 0x1B 0xF8 0x1B 0x89 0x1B 0x41 0x1B 0x4F 0x1C 0xE0 0x1B 0xEF 0x1B 0xD2 0x1C 0x09 0x1B 0xEF 0x1B 0x94 0x1B 0x61

Key: VTEQ > VTFS > FOS
0x1C 0x74 0x18 0x91 0x17 0xDD 0x18 0x77 0x1C 0xC7 0x18 0x13 0x17 0x2B 0x18 0x01 0x1B 0xFB 0x18 0x40 0x17 0xBD 0x18 0x44 0x1C 0x44 0x18 0xB6 0x17 0xDF 0x18 0x57 0x1C 0x7E 0x18 0x5C 0x17 0x10 0x17 0xB8 0x1C 0xAB 0x18 0x0A 0x16 0xEC 0x17 0xEC 0x1C 0xF6 0x18 0x6C 0x17 0x59 0x18 0xAB 0x1C 0x93 0x18 0xC6 0x17 0xD9 0x18 0xDF

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM00
0x0000

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM01
0x0000

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM06
0x0673

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM08
0x009B

Key: SENS > SYVI > VM00
0x5C05

Key: SENS > SYVI > VM01
0x31D8

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > Ts2S
0x21A2

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > TA0V
0x1F76

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > F0Cr
0x1EF8

0x03EE

Key: SNSD > SLCU
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x30 0xC5 0x89 0x18

Key: SNSD > SLND
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x21 0xB0 0xC1

Key: SNSD > SLDR
0x000005BD

Key: SNSD > SOSM
0x00000000

Key: SNSD > SASM
0x000007FF

Key: SNSD > SSPS
0x00000000

Key: SENS > TEMP > TU0R
0x1E10

Key: SENS > TEMP > TU0L
0x1B30

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT0A
0x21A0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TC0A
0x1CC0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TP0A
0x1BD0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TB0A
0x1C00

Key: SENS > TEMP > TH0A
0x1BE0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT0D
0x27B0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TM0A
0x1CD0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TF0L
0x1A30

Key: SENS > TEMP > TF1R
0x19F0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TA0A
0x1A40

Key: SENS > TEMP > TACC
0x1B80

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT01
0x27F0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT02
0x2020

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT03
0x2090

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT04
0x2470

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT05
0x1F80

Key: SENS > TEMP > BLU
0x1B 0x30 0x1B 0x50 0x1B 0x40 0x1B 0xE0 0x1C 0x90 0x1B 0xC0 0x1B 0xC0 0x1C 0x20 0x1B 0xC0 0x1B 0x40 0x1B 0x50 0x1B 0x50

Key: HDRG > HDRL
0x0640

Key: HDRG > HDRS
0x0640

Key: HDRG > HDSF
0x64

TCON Page:0

Reactions: nethead

joevt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
Code:
Fetching display diagnose data for path IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PC04@0/AppleACPIPCI/MCP0@0/IOPP/US00@0/IOPP/DS0D@D/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB2@2/IOPP/XHC2@0/XHC2@08000000/HS01@08100000/USB2.0 Hub@08100000/AppleUSB20Hub@08100000/AppleUSB20HubPort@08140000/Pro Display XDR@08140000
VERSION: 1.22.23
There's some interesting stuff in there. Some of it is available from the AGDCDiagnose command such as the info about the DisplayPort connections below. I guess MP is the main DisplayPort connection and SP is the secondary port connection. Your display is running using dual-link SST DisplayPort 1.4 (HBR3) without DSC (Display Stream Compression). There's one connection for the left half of the screen and another connection for the right have of the screen (two 3008x3384 tiles = 6016x3384). What's the EDID product ID for this mode (one of the following: ae21, ae22, ae23, ae2d, ae2e, ae2f)?

Code:
MP DP revision: 0x14          SP DP revision: 0x14 (DisplayPort 1.4)
MP DP Link Capability: 0x1e   SP DP Link Capability: 0x1e
MP LinkRate: HBR3             SP LinkRate: HBR3 (8.1 Gbps per lane)
MP Lanecount:0x4              SP Lanecount: 0x4
MP Linkstatus01: 0x77         SP Linkstatus01: 0x77
MP Linkstatus23: 0x77         SP Linkstatus23: 0x77
MP LinkAlignment: 0x1         SP LinkAlignment: 0x1
MP DP Synchronization: 0x5    SP DP Synchronization: 0x1

MP HTOTAL: 3076               SP HTOTAL: 3076
MP HSTART: 60                 SP HSTART: 60
MP HWIDTH: 3008               SP HWIDTH: 3008
MP VTOTAL: 3516               SP VTOTAL: 3516
MP VSTART: 14                 SP VSTART: 14
MP VHEIGHT: 3384              SP VHEIGHT: 3384
MP BITDEPTH: 10               SP BITDEPTH: 10

MP HDCP version: 2.2          SP HDCP version: 2.2
MP HDCP2.2 status: DONE       SP HDCP2.2 status: DONE
MP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE   SP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE
MP HDCP Enc status: ON        SP HDCP Enc status: ON
//Link Integrity check: PASS  //Link Integrity check: PASS
[/QUOTE]

kid2010

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2013
There's some interesting stuff in there. Some of it is available from the AGDCDiagnose command such as the info about the DisplayPort connections below. I guess MP is the main DisplayPort connection and SP is the secondary port connection. Your display is running using dual-link SST DisplayPort 1.4 (HBR3) without DSC (Display Stream Compression). There's one connection for the left half of the screen and another connection for the right have of the screen (two 3008x3384 tiles = 6016x3384). What's the EDID product ID for this mode (one of the following: ae21, ae22, ae23, ae2d, ae2e, ae2f)?

Code:
MP DP revision: 0x14          SP DP revision: 0x14 (DisplayPort 1.4)
MP DP Link Capability: 0x1e   SP DP Link Capability: 0x1e
MP LinkRate: HBR3             SP LinkRate: HBR3 (8.1 Gbps per lane)
MP Lanecount:0x4              SP Lanecount: 0x4
MP Linkstatus01: 0x77         SP Linkstatus01: 0x77
MP Linkstatus23: 0x77         SP Linkstatus23: 0x77
MP LinkAlignment: 0x1         SP LinkAlignment: 0x1
MP DP Synchronization: 0x5    SP DP Synchronization: 0x1

MP HTOTAL: 3076               SP HTOTAL: 3076
MP HSTART: 60                 SP HSTART: 60
MP HWIDTH: 3008               SP HWIDTH: 3008
MP VTOTAL: 3516               SP VTOTAL: 3516
MP VSTART: 14                 SP VSTART: 14
MP VHEIGHT: 3384              SP VHEIGHT: 3384
MP BITDEPTH: 10               SP BITDEPTH: 10

MP HDCP version: 2.2          SP HDCP version: 2.2
MP HDCP2.2 status: DONE       SP HDCP2.2 status: DONE
MP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE   SP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE
MP HDCP Enc status: ON        SP HDCP Enc status: ON
//Link Integrity check: PASS  //Link Integrity check: PASS
[/QUOTE]

0xae2e for the one I have.

me505

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2017
Other questions? Ask!

Does this display have speakers and a microphone built in? I'm replacing two 27" 5K LGs and just realized there is no mention of input/output in the tech specs of the XDR Display.

chfilm

macrumors 68030
Nov 15, 2012
Berlin
Does this display have speakers and a microphone built in? I'm replacing two 27" 5K LGs and just realized there is no mention of input/output in the tech specs of the XDR Display.
I think what I'll miss most about the Dells is the SD card slot. Speakers aren't on board afaik.

syndr0me

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
From what I've read, it has no microphone, speakers or camera.

My kingdom for a more consumer-friendly version of this monitor closer to $2000 without all the fancy stuff for creative professionals. LG's stuff is ugly and flaky and I can't wait to replace my 5K with something better.

Coyote2006

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2006
From what I've read, it has no microphone, speakers or camera.

My kingdom for a more consumer-friendly version of this monitor closer to $2000 without all the fancy stuff for creative professionals. LG's stuff is ugly and flaky and I can't wait to replace my 5K with something better.
Unfortunately there is nothing comparable on the market. No 5K or 6K that could be used as retina macOS display...

syndr0me

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2014
Unfortunately there is nothing comparable on the market. No 5K or 6K that could be used as retina macOS display...
Hopefully that will change this year. The XDR has all the features I covet as a developer, but its fancy stuff for creatives is totally wasted on me. And still, I’ve ordered and cancelled it twice now! 😂

Reactions: chfilm

Menno87

macrumors member
Jul 18, 2008
Netherlands, the
Here is mine with MBP 16" on Catalina 10.15.3 Beta 1.

Code:
Fetching display diagnose data for path IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/PEG1@1,1/IOPP/UPSB@0/IOPP/DSB1@1/IOPP/UPS0@0/IOPP/pci-bridge@2/IOPP/pci8086,15f0@0/AppleUSBXHCITR@01000000/AppleUSB20XHCIPort@01100000/USB2.0 Hub@01100000/AppleUSB20Hub@01100000/AppleUSB20HubPort@01140000/Pro Display XDR@01140000
VERSION: 1.22.26

Serial Number : X

Board Rev: 7 PVT

DMC version: 01.04.17
ACE version: 2.31.0
USB version: 54.26
TCON version: 6.37
VCOM version: 5.40

PCDS version: 0x413

Board ID: 0x01

Chip ID: 740

DMC ECID ID: 0x85-0x1f-0x97-0x7-0x24-0xc-0xbf-0xef

TCON Board ID: 1 Valid: 1 Production Status: 1

TCON Chip ID: 2101

TCON ECID ID: 0x20-0x13-0xb-0x1b-0x15-0x12-0x35-0x0

Asset id: tcmf
Successful Updates: 0
User Data: 16777216

Asset id: SYST
Successful Updates: 3

Asset id: IM4M
Active Version : 1.22.26
Update Version : 1.22.26
Update size : 2610

Asset id: IM4N
Active Version : 1.22.26
Update Version : 1.22.26
Update size : 2079

Asset id: duhf
Active Version : 54.26.0
Update Version : 54.26.0
Update size : 24576

Asset id: thrd
Active Version : 0.1.2
Update Version : 0.1.2
Update size : 1425610
User Data: 1

Asset id: dvf1
Active Version : 5.64.0
Update Version : 5.64.0
Update size : 21328

Asset id: tcon
Active Version : 6.55.75
Update Version : 6.55.75
Update size : 98295

Asset id: trin
Active Version : 112.75.0
Update Version : 112.75.0
Update size : 65384

Asset id: cabl
Active Version : 85.75.0
Update Version : 85.75.0
Update size : 113692

Asset id: bklc
Active Version : 173.30.75
Update Version : 173.30.75
Update size : 70167

Asset id: ttld
Active Version : 3.1.75
Update Version : 3.1.75
Update size : 647168

Asset id: tprd
Active Version : 4.19.75
Update Version : 4.19.75
Update size : 4194304
Successful Updates: 5

Asset id: dfw1
Active Version : 1.4.17
Update Version : 1.4.17
Update size : 814216

Asset id: dutf
Active Version : 51.6.0
Update Version : 51.6.0
Update size : 479232

TiltX: 0 deg
TiltY: 0 deg
TiltZ: 0 deg

Key: Orientation accelerometer data
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x17 0xFA 0xBD 0x00 0xA5 0xC0 0xE5 0x20 0xFB

Key: Backlight Level
0x51B5

Key: Backlight TCON reference white
0xFFFF

Key: ALS0 Illuminance
0x40681000

Key: ALS0 cct
0x450C7007

Key: ALS0 color_x
0x3F031A55

Key: ALS0 color_y
0x3ED56A25

Key: ALS1 Illuminance
0x3FCD7EDC

Key: ALS1 cct
0x44EAFD22

Key: ALS1 color_x
0x3F0CDCC8

Key: ALS1 color_y
0x3EC75E70

Key: Current Preset
0x00000004

Key: Next Preset
0x10041193

Key: Preset State
0x00000000

Key: Preset event in progress
0x00000002

Key: DPRE > DPMN
0x0004

Key: DPRE > DPMX
0x01F4

Key: DPRE > DPDF
0x015E

Key: DPRE > DPMS
0x01F4

Key: DPRE > DPLM
0x0640

Key: DPRE > DPLR
0x03E8

TCON STATUS 0x43B:0xdc, 0x43C:0x0, 0x437:0x1

TCON Firmware: 0x0637
Backlight Firmware: 0xad06
Trinity Firmware: 0x0070
Cabal Firmware: 0x0055
TCON Bundle: 0x0646

TCON SI Version:0x11

MP DP revision: 0x14

SP DP revision: 0x14

MP DP Link Capability: 0x14

SP DP Link Capability: 0x14

MP LinkRate: HBR2

MP Lanecount:0x4

MP Linkstatus01: 0x77

MP Linkstatus23: 0x77

MP LinkAlignment: 0x1

MP DP Synchronization: 0x5

SP LinkRate: HBR2

SP Lanecount: 0x4

SP Linkstatus01: 0x0

SP Linkstatus23: 0x0

SP LinkAlignment: 0x0

SP DP Synchronization: 0x0

Dual Port: 0x0

DSC status: Enabled

TCON HDR TYPE:0x4 PQ

MP HTOTAL: 6096

MP HSTART: 72

MP HWIDTH: 6016

MP VTOTAL: 3516

MP VSTART: 14

MP VHEIGHT: 3384

MP BITDEPTH: 12

SP HTOTAL: 0

SP HSTART: 0

SP HWIDTH: 0

SP VTOTAL: 0

SP VSTART: 0

SP VHEIGHT: 0

SP BITDEPTH: 6

MP CRC0: 0_0_0_20

MP CRC1: 0_0_0_20

MP CRC2: 0_0_0_20

MP CRC3: 0_0_0_20

MP CRC4: 0_0_0_20

SP CRC0: 0_0_0_20

SP CRC1: 0_0_0_20

SP CRC2: 0_0_0_20

SP CRC3: 0_0_0_20

SP CRC4: 0_0_0_20

Slave status: 0xb_0xc0_0x0_0x0

EDID index[0]: 0xad EDID index[1]: 0x1e

MP HDCP version: 2.2

MP HDCP2.2 status: DONE

MP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE

MP HDCP Enc status: ON //Link Integrity check: PASS

SP HDCP version: 1.4

SP HDCP2.2 status: NOT DONE

SP HDCP1.4 status: NOT DONE

SP HDCP Enc status: OFF

600 Panel status: 0x1

DPM Panel status: 0x1

H Panel status: 0x1

H Panel counter: 0x0

CFE: 0x0_0x0_0x0_0x0

Irrecoverable Error Register: 0x0
TCON SYS EVENT: 0x0 0x0
TCON SYS EVENT - Mask Register DPCD436 : 0xff

TCON HWCID: 0x000e

IOREPORTING_KEY_TCON_INFO: 0x0000083587
TCON Board id: 0x1
TCON Chip Epoch: 0x0
TCON Highest Manifest Epoch: 0x0
TCON Chip ID: 0x0835
TCON Production Status: 0x1
TCON Security Domain : 0x1
TCON OTP Valid Flag: 0x1

TCON Date Lot Code: 0x1b0b13000011204b33594a4e
TCON Date: 19.11.27
TCON Lot Code:  K3YJN

TCON UCID: 0x003512151b0b1320

TCON Parameter 0: 0x7f

TCON HWCFGID 0: 0x01

TCON EPOCH 0: 0x0

LED Efficiency 1:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 2:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 3:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 4:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 5:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 6:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 7:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 8:

LED Efficiency 9:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 10:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 11:

LED Efficiency 12:

LED Efficiency 13:

LED Efficiency 14:

LED Efficiency 15:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 16:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED Efficiency 17:

LED Efficiency 18:
99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.997 99.998 99.998 99.998 99.998

LED temperature:
28.891 28.891 28.891 28.891 29.160 29.160 29.840 29.840 29.840 29.840 30.750 30.750 30.914 30.914 30.914 30.914 30.719 30.719 30.719 30.719 30.828 30.828 29.969 29.969 29.969 29.969 29.250 29.250 28.805 28.805 28.805 28.805
28.891 28.891 28.891 28.891 29.160 29.160 29.840 29.836 29.836 29.836 30.746 30.746 30.910 30.910 30.910 30.910 30.715 30.715 30.715 30.715 30.824 30.824 29.965 29.965 29.965 29.965 29.246 29.246 28.801 28.801 28.801 28.805
29.016 29.016 29.016 29.016 29.070 29.070 29.863 29.859 29.859 29.859 30.902 30.902 31.023 31.023 31.023 31.023 31.141 31.141 31.141 31.141 30.883 30.883 29.945 29.945 29.945 29.945 29.434 29.434 28.996 28.996 28.996 29.000
29.016 29.016 29.016 29.016 29.070 29.070 29.863 29.859 29.859 29.859 30.902 30.902 31.023 31.023 31.023 31.023 31.141 31.141 31.141 31.141 30.883 30.883 29.945 29.945 29.945 29.945 29.434 29.434 28.996 28.996 28.996 28.996
29.242 29.242 29.242 29.242 29.266 29.266 30.383 30.379 30.379 30.379 31.266 31.266 31.949 31.949 31.949 31.949 31.719 31.719 31.719 31.719 31.254 31.254 30.680 30.680 30.680 30.680 29.906 29.906 29.430 29.430 29.430 29.430
29.242 29.242 29.242 29.242 29.266 29.266 30.383 30.379 30.379 30.379 31.266 31.266 31.949 31.949 31.949 31.949 31.719 31.719 31.719 31.719 31.254 31.254 30.680 30.680 30.680 30.680 29.906 29.906 29.430 29.430 29.430 29.430
29.488 29.488 29.488 29.488 29.535 29.535 30.680 30.676 30.676 30.676 31.699 31.699 32.465 32.465 32.465 32.465 32.207 32.207 32.207 32.207 32.281 32.281 30.754 30.754 30.754 30.754 29.746 29.746 29.625 29.625 29.625 29.625
29.488 29.488 29.488 29.488 29.535 29.535 30.680 30.676 30.676 30.676 31.699 31.699 32.465 32.465 32.465 32.465 32.207 32.207 32.207 32.207 32.281 32.281 30.754 30.754 30.754 30.754 29.746 29.746 29.625 29.625 29.625 29.625
29.371 29.371 29.371 29.371 29.730 29.730 30.562 30.559 30.559 30.559 31.754 31.754 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.188 32.188 30.984 30.984 30.984 30.984 29.852 29.852 29.688 29.688 29.688 29.688
29.371 29.371 29.371 29.371 29.730 29.727 30.559 30.559 30.559 30.559 31.754 31.754 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.188 32.188 30.984 30.984 30.984 30.984 29.852 29.852 29.688 29.688 29.688 29.688
29.371 29.367 29.371 29.371 29.730 29.730 30.562 30.559 30.559 30.559 31.754 31.754 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.188 32.188 30.984 30.984 30.984 30.984 29.852 29.852 29.688 29.688 29.688 29.688
29.371 29.367 29.371 29.371 29.730 29.730 30.562 30.559 30.559 30.559 31.754 31.754 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.410 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.012 32.188 32.188 30.984 30.984 30.984 30.984 29.852 29.852 29.688 29.688 29.688 29.688
29.641 29.641 29.641 29.641 30.023 30.023 30.559 30.555 30.555 30.555 31.242 31.242 31.902 31.902 31.902 31.902 32.043 32.043 32.043 32.043 31.781 31.781 30.695 30.695 30.695 30.695 29.551 29.551 29.531 29.531 29.531 29.531
29.641 29.641 29.641 29.641 30.023 30.023 30.559 30.559 30.559 30.555 31.242 31.242 31.902 31.902 31.902 31.902 32.043 32.043 32.043 32.043 31.781 31.781 30.695 30.695 30.695 30.695 29.551 29.551 29.531 29.531 29.531 29.531
30.480 30.477 30.477 30.477 30.355 30.355 31.047 31.047 31.047 31.047 31.449 31.449 31.980 31.980 31.980 31.980 32.051 32.051 32.051 32.051 31.770 31.770 31.125 31.125 31.125 31.125 29.992 29.992 29.777 29.777 29.777 29.777
30.480 30.480 30.480 30.480 30.359 30.359 31.051 31.051 31.051 31.051 31.453 31.453 31.984 31.984 31.984 31.984 32.055 32.055 32.055 32.055 31.773 31.773 31.129 31.129 31.129 31.129 29.996 29.996 29.781 29.781 29.777 29.781

LED current:
1348 1158 1169 1203 1118 1064 1005 945 927 941 926 925 927 927 928 925 927 936 928 925 924 936 936 925 923 927 958 935 957 1321 1258 1128
1123 881 905 853 836 860 873 800 799 812 785 772 769 770 785 754 770 780 765 748 732 780 781 766 708 736 737 733 734 742 735 924
1124 889 972 942 881 870 860 805 767 794 792 803 776 778 786 769 775 774 759 760 761 789 763 739 738 739 740 737 753 792 734 881
913 857 944 902 849 839 850 831 819 792 791 801 797 810 809 787 794 793 779 778 779 828 768 742 739 738 742 750 770 757 689 704
881 837 890 887 837 838 838 785 781 787 786 803 817 790 832 834 833 792 771 779 826 763 758 742 738 738 740 742 749 738 674 689
892 844 872 886 827 839 853 805 787 785 786 800 822 798 799 789 789 778 768 765 805 761 745 735 735 739 737 736 736 738 704 720
943 866 895 835 824 843 865 813 790 790 789 862 824 800 808 804 796 813 778 765 763 787 748 738 737 739 736 736 738 738 721 734
882 866 900 838 821 856 911 848 801 808 799 800 810 800 806 799 790 789 777 769 760 760 744 738 740 737 738 737 737 738 720 720
844 811 823 839 821 868 868 814 802 798 799 803 798 805 806 844 838 788 771 757 751 743 737 741 741 740 740 738 738 736 674 674
855 833 853 839 832 840 861 811 798 840 797 810 901 871 955 804 792 780 754 752 738 739 737 740 740 741 739 736 736 735 660 674
866 866 878 855 886 874 947 859 844 798 802 806 917 914 803 810 790 769 760 761 745 739 740 740 736 741 739 737 736 736 705 704
844 846 890 838 783 784 797 790 781 793 793 805 799 800 846 810 814 788 778 778 765 753 743 741 738 739 736 736 736 736 690 690
811 800 881 851 824 831 835 781 770 780 777 799 814 842 837 795 796 796 788 786 788 768 743 743 739 739 737 736 736 736 660 660
822 800 885 862 852 853 844 792 771 773 770 776 794 819 813 812 868 844 830 843 847 849 754 745 740 739 736 736 740 736 660 660
867 858 906 863 851 844 826 798 786 786 778 779 779 813 823 809 814 792 785 792 785 784 770 745 738 740 736 736 740 739 689 689
1085 857 830 815 815 815 845 837 860 784 774 763 757 800 842 798 768 788 782 783 772 750 744 736 736 739 736 735 736 736 674 825
929 730 731 731 733 733 733 733 733 741 739 739 739 753 754 739 744 746 733 733 734 733 735 733 733 718 704 689 704 689 645 802
982 862 865 865 861 897 928 1028 1065 1101 1080 1124 1143 1082 1076 1082 1119 1101 1062 1012 957 1187 1226 945 912 890 879 857 868 868 824 936

Key: TMSC > THES
0x07

Key: TMSC > THLR
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0B 0xE5 0xCD 0xA2

Key: TMSC > THET
0x0000072E

Key: TMSC > THBS
0x00000000

Key: TMSC > THDL
0x0A

Key: TMSC > THDS
0x00000000

Key: TMSC > THDC
0x00

Key: TMSC > LNQS
0x000A

Key: TMSC > LNDT
0x0BB8

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpB1
0x0888

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiB1
0x0006

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgB1
0x2E00

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoB1
0x03E7FFED

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsB1
0x001F9F6E

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpF1
0xF9DE

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiF1
0xFF37

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgF1
0x3000

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoF1
0x06400000

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsF1
0x00280000

Key: TMCL > PILP > GpF2
0xFC99

Key: TMCL > PILP > GiF2
0xFF78

Key: TMCL > PILP > TgF2
0x3200

Key: TMCL > PILP > LoF2
0x06400000

Key: TMCL > PILP > IsF2
0x00280000

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > CoBZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > WlBZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > CoFZ
0x00

Key: TMCL > ZVTR > WlFZ
0x00

Key: FANS > FnMd
0x00

Key: FANS > F0Tg
0x03E7

Key: FANS > F1Tg
0x03E7

0x03E5

Key: FANS > F1Ac
0x03E8

Key: FANS > F0Ur
0x0000

Key: FANS > F1Ur
0x0000

Key: FANS > FTGR
0x03E7

Key: VTEQ > VTLD > VT
0x1D 0xC7 0x1D 0x88 0x1D 0xB0 0x1D 0xA0 0x1D 0x6E 0x1C 0xFF 0x1C 0xCD 0x1D 0xFE 0x1D 0x8D 0x1D 0xDA 0x1D 0xBF 0x1D 0xE8 0x1D 0x6F 0x1D 0x3F 0x1F 0x20 0x1E 0xB2 0x1E 0xFC 0x1E 0xC1 0x1E 0xAE 0x1D 0xF2 0x1D 0xF7 0x1F 0xC5 0x1F 0xC8 0x20 0x30 0x20 0x48 0x1F 0x41 0x1E 0xE2 0x1E 0xD3 0x20 0x0D 0x20 0x0B 0x20 0x03 0x20 0x35 0x1F 0xB8 0x1F 0x24 0x1E 0xB7 0x1F 0xFB 0x1F 0xE7 0x20 0x69 0x20 0x77 0x1F 0xF3 0x1F 0x06 0x1E 0xE9 0x1F 0x73 0x1F 0x3E 0x1F 0xC1 0x1F 0xB3 0x1F 0x44 0x1E 0xE7 0x1E 0xBF 0x1F 0x0C 0x1E 0x8E 0x1E 0x8F 0x1E 0xAD 0x1E 0x61 0x1D 0xDC 0x1D 0xD6 0x1E 0x5B 0x1E 0x05 0x1D 0xBA 0x1D 0x88 0x1D 0x43 0x1D 0x11 0x1D 0x28 0x1E 0x7A 0x1D 0xA3 0x1D 0x5E 0x1D 0x7C 0x1D 0x3D 0x1D 0x03 0x1C 0xE3

Key: VTEQ > VTFS > FOS
0x1D 0x96 0x19 0xE4 0x19 0x28 0x19 0xB3 0x1E 0x11 0x19 0xA5 0x18 0xB3 0x19 0x70 0x1E 0x9D 0x1B 0x82 0x1B 0x9A 0x1A 0xDC 0x1F 0x0C 0x1C 0x33 0x1B 0xD9 0x1B 0x08 0x1E 0xFE 0x1B 0xB7 0x1A 0x93 0x1A 0x66 0x1F 0x24 0x1B 0x7D 0x1A 0x6E 0x1A 0x96 0x1E 0x5A 0x1A 0x02 0x18 0xAF 0x1A 0x07 0x1D 0xD2 0x1A 0x1D 0x19 0x08 0x1A 0x10

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM00
0x0393

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM01
0x0015

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM06
0x0501

Key: SENS > SYVI > IM08
0x009B

Key: SENS > SYVI > VM00
0x5BC2

Key: SENS > SYVI > VM01
0x317C

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > Ts2S
0x2199

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > TA0V
0x123A

Key: VTEQ > VTMS > F0Cr
0x1B74

0x03E5

Key: SNSD > SLCU
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x0B 0xE5 0xD0 0xBC

Key: SNSD > SLND
0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x00 0x1F 0x25 0xB2

Key: SNSD > SLDR
0x00009A2B

Key: SNSD > SOSM
0x00000000

Key: SNSD > SASM
0x000007FF

Key: SNSD > SSPS
0x00000000

Key: SENS > TEMP > TU0R
0x21B0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TU0L
0x1CD0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT0A
0x2780

Key: SENS > TEMP > TC0A
0x2540

Key: SENS > TEMP > TP0A
0x2110

Key: SENS > TEMP > TB0A
0x2110

Key: SENS > TEMP > TH0A
0x2740

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT0D
0x2F10

Key: SENS > TEMP > TM0A
0x2370

Key: SENS > TEMP > TF0L
0x19F0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TF1R
0x19D0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TA0A
0x1BF0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TACC
0x2280

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT01
0x3020

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT02
0x25C0

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT03
0x2640

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT04
0x2B60

Key: SENS > TEMP > TT05
0x2530

Key: SENS > TEMP > BLU
0x1C 0xB0 0x1C 0x90 0x1C 0xE0 0x1F 0x90 0x20 0xD0 0x1E 0xD0 0x1E 0xC0 0x1F 0xD0 0x1F 0x30 0x1D 0x10 0x1C 0x60 0x1C 0xC0

Key: HDRG > HDRL
0x0640

Key: HDRG > HDRS
0x0640

Key: HDRG > HDSF
0x64

TCON Page:0

joevt

macrumors 6502a
Jun 21, 2012
Here is mine with MBP 16" on Catalina 10.15.3 Beta 1.

Code:
Fetching display diagnose data for path
Comparing your output to that of kid2010, it seems you have newer versions of firmware and stuff. You have two more updates than he does. Maybe these are from the 10.15.3 beta?

You have the new MBP 16" with the AMD 5300M or 5500M dGPUs which has support for Display Stream Compression. The output shows that it's using only a single HBR2 connection with DSC to support 6016x3384 resolution at 12 bpc. I would like to see the AGDCDiagnose info for this connection. What is the EDID product ID for this connection?

kid2010's output shows dual link HBR3 connection without DSC - each link does 3008x3384, 10 bpc.

Comparing the bandwidth:
kid2010: 36.64 Gbps.
Menno87: 43.97 Gbps compressed to under 17.28 Gbps.
Thunderbolt 3: 40 Gbps (this means 6K 12 bpc cannot be supported over Thunderbolt 3 without DSC).

The panel is not 12 bit. The 12 bpc might just be a side effect of the DSC algorithm. Or 12 bpc is used because it is allowed by the DSC algorithm.

DSC has various compression ratios. 3:1 is typical. 43.97 Gbps / 3 = 14.66 Gbps which fits in the HBR2 single DisplayPort connection bandwidth (17.28 Gbps).

Coyote2006

macrumors 6502
Apr 16, 2006
Hopefully that will change this year. The XDR has all the features I covet as a developer, but its fancy stuff for creatives is totally wasted on me. And still, I’ve ordered and cancelled it twice now! 😂
I've checked all possible display so far, bigger than 27". Most of them are curved and none of them is real 5K. There is only one 8K.

Displays with higher resolution result in tiny fonts, not really usable for me.

Maybe the biggest problem of retina display is the TB3 connection which none of the PC-GPU has. Therefore there are no retina displays on the market. Maybe we'll see one from Dell, as their 5K isn't available anymore and no-one can run the 8K version.