Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which is which?

• Image A is a CONEY dog, Image B is a CHILI dog.

Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Image A is a CHILI dog, Image B is a CONEY dog.

Votes: 22 66.7%

• Total voters

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
Mr Skills said:
Seven, actually. The three is just one restaurant. :eek:

Doesn't really work like that

wikipedia says

"Gordon James Ramsay, OBE (born 8 November 1966) is one of the UK's most famous chefs. He is one of only three chefs in the UK to maintain three Michelin stars for his restaurant (the others being Heston Blumenthal and Alain Roux)."

MongoTheGeek

macrumors 68040
BakedBeans said:
Doesn't really work like that

wikipedia says

"Gordon James Ramsay, OBE (born 8 November 1966) is one of the UK's most famous chefs. He is one of only three chefs in the UK to maintain three Michelin stars for his restaurant (the others being Heston Blumenthal and Alain Roux)."

Well thats very nice but can he make fish and chips?

nadyne

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2004
Mountain View, CA USA
I wish you wouldn't've posted this! Now I'm going to have to call my mom and have her ship me some Koegel's viennas and some coney sauce.

I grew up near Flint, so I know that there's a strong difference between a chili dog and a coney.

ham_man

macrumors 68020
Jan 21, 2005
BakedBeans said:
oh dear god, you guys don't really eat that **** do you?

Onion
Mustard
Bread
Hot Dog

What's not to love?

What if we put Nutella on it...?

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
Coney Recipe

CONEY ISLAND SECRET SAUCE FOR HOTDOGS

1/2 lb. ground chuck
3 boiled in water, all beef hot dogs, then ground up
1 cup "Del Monte" Ketchup
1 and 1/2 cups water
1/4 cup "Vlasic" dill pickle relish
1 tablespoon instant minced onion
1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
1 tablespoon chili powder
3 tablespoon A&W Root Beer Cola but
do not exceed that amount (Secret Taste)
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper

Toppings;
Grated Mild Cheddar Cheese
Chopped Sweet Onion
Sauerkraut (Water Rinsed and Strained)
Catsup or Ketchup
Mustard

In a medium saucepan, fry ground meat, crumbling with a fork, until no longer pink. Add the ketchup, water, relish, onion, mustard, chili powder, ground hot dogs, Root Beer, salt and cayenne pepper, stir well to blend then stir occasionally while simmering for about 20-25 minutes. Thin with more water as needed.

Serves 12-14

Cooking The Hot Dogs
Cook 1 package "Ball Park" all Beef Deli or "John Morrell N.Y Deli" Plump Hot Dogs in (Optional -1/2 cup beer) and 3 cup water or just the water, add 1/4 teaspoon Caraway Seeds and 2 smashed cloves of fresh garlic. Bring to a boil and immediately set to lowest heat and simmer for 20 minutes or longer.

Use fresh soft buns or lightly toast buns under a broiler or face down in a fry pan.

Notes* Nathan's and Hebrew National Hot Dogs are so..."doggone" greasy good.

Sabrett® Skinless Frankfurters are perfect for a roller grill, BBQ, camping or pan-frying. They are available in a variety of sizes, from cocktail size to foot long. These are the franks that the fans enjoy at stadiums, movie theaters and most amusement parks.

Chicago Style - Use Vienna Beef hot dogs, use poppy seed hot dog buns (steam them but not soggy)

Attachments

• coneysauce.JPG.jpg
    coneysauce.JPG.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 297
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.