I survived, but it wasn't that hard, because I still can't afford it... hopefully soon... my bank balance is currently over £1000 away from a Macbook Pro mid-range 15 that I would like for my first mac
I survived,and decided what to get with college grants.If i have enough left over that is,I'm glad they finally made 4GB of ram stock,and bumped the 13" pro's processor a ton,but....I extremely wanted to see the new i3 in the 13" MBP's.
I guess I'll be waiting for this fall,when the education discount and when they through a iPod touch in with it that I'll be getting the base line 13" MBP.
I survived, should be ordering one in the coming weeks (waiting for Uncle Sam to send my check), hopefully by then there will be a 15", Hi res, anti-glare model in the refurb store. Although i have to say that i am a littel dissapointed. Even with the discount i get from work i will be paying about 400-500 more than i would have before. Not surprised by the update only being processor and gpu, but price hike??? gimme a break...
Anyways, now i'm waiting for the moeny to get my first mac. CANT WAIT!
I do genuinely feel for the guys who were expecting a better update on the 13 inch model. Even if that machine is still a great and powerful number, I bet the 13inch guys are going to feel a bit unsatisfied and left out of the loop.
That's natural, but I really think that the new 320M card will make a difference. Just wait until you see some benchmarks next week - that'll lift your spirits a bit I have no doubt.
As for the guys like myself who're getting the new 15inch, I think it was worth the wait - on paper anyway. I won't order anything until we get a couple of reviews, just in the off-chance that there's a problem (like the iMac) with the new high-res screen (I want it).
a 2.66 i7 with a 330M card and 8 to 9 hour battery is a bit nice really isn't it