The Untethered Jailbreak iOS 4.2.1: Some ISSUES!!!:(

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pastarojna, Dec 26, 2010.

1. pastarojna macrumors member

pastarojna

2. labman macrumors 604

labman

it's beta Musclenerd warned there might be issues. ;) they also warned about all this but nobody wants to listen and Musclenerd also told people not to do tutorials.. A couple people fairly high up are getting a ear full about it!

3. pastarojna thread starter macrumors member

pastarojna

i know i'm just saying if you dont have to do it , just wait!

4. Doc750 macrumors 6502a

I could not stop laughing at the guy in the video. The seriousness in his voice, it was as if WW III was coming.

5. noiceT macrumors 6502a

This is what a beta test is for...

We should be grateful that these bugs are getting found now, rather than later~ I think it's a smart move by the dev team putting it out like this, in order to possibly counter issues like those found in the 6.15 for example, where only a handful of people were testing.

6. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

The guy is a jerk. He ran into everything musclenerd said could happen and he acts like he discovered it. He installed a BETA jb, where musclenerd made it clear you'd lose bluetooth then he admits he uses it a lots. Major video fail.

7. labman macrumors 604

labman

sadly we are going to have tons of video's about these issues because people don't bother to read! :rolleyes:

8. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

LOL what else do you expect from the "beta" release of a Jailbreaking tool??? if you take a few seconds to read around you can see that it clearly says to stay away unless you are a tester or developer.

9. Jinkst macrumors regular

Haha same here. Classic video. He clearly felt personally insulted by it not working for him. "I'm gonna have to take you through it." As we clearly can't follow the steps at iClarified like he did? Just because you can Jailbreak your phone doesn't make you a hacker champ.

10. Kayan macrumors 6502

I for one am grateful for movies like this, though the guy is goofy, because I didn't do the reading on Twitter or the DevTeam Blog about the bad side effects. Not that I was planning on doing the update without researching first, I'll just wait for comex, but still, some people on here act like you should be reading the DTeam's twitter every second 24/7 and that's simply not how life is. So thanks for spreading the word.

11. askfranklin macrumors newbie

There are more issues popping up after using the beta1 of Redsn0w 0.9.7. There are many more issues reported than the music and iTunes from http://goo.gl/fb/m8Pb3

12. LongbowFoSho macrumors member

Releasing this publicly at all seems like a really bad idea. What were they thinking?

13. mikelegacy macrumors 65816

mikelegacy

They're hackers. How isn't this funny to them? I don't see a problem with it. They told people there would be a Christmas release and they honored that, they never said it would be a full version.

14. maturola, Dec 26, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2010

maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

what they are thinking is the most people test it, the more bugs they can find and the better the final released will be, people just can't understand the difference between bete test and otherwise and they want to use it on their production and everyday devices.

This released is working so GOOD, all this issues and bugs are coming out so they can be fix before a final release

15. AznHustler macrumors member

redsn0w b2 is released. it fixes the music issues but bluetooth is still disabled.

16. hiinhoc macrumors member

thanks for the news. i'll wait for couple more days.

17. Gmcube macrumors regular

Any other issues other than bluetooth? I can live without that, so Im wondering if I should go ahead with it.

18. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

Why dont people just downgrade to 4.1 and use greenp0ison?
    Seriously, 4.2 and airprint or airplay isnt really worth it....

19. aldo818 macrumors regular

I so agree with you.

First people are unpatient to get the release and beta and then they complain cause they don t understand what the word beta stands for.

20. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Its creator already warned people. You think you are smarter than it's creator? :rolleyes:

21. labman macrumors 604

labman

no it's beta just wait a tad longer or go with the tethered jb if you can't imo.. relax ;)

22. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

Then what are you grateful for, if you would have done the research first?

Could you point to a post where anyone said this or acted like it? You act like following 2 or 3 people on Twitter is a bigger burden than reading a few threads on MR.

Anyone who contemplates using and running beta software should know there will be problems and not count on other people to do their research for them.

The dev team makes this available, warns people about the risks and still people pi$$ and moan and make videos when they have problems, problems the dev team documented. What, people thought the dev team was kidding about not having BT? Another example of the entitlement mentality.

23. labman, Dec 27, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2010

labman macrumors 604

labman

Dev-team uses twitter and there blog for a reason if people choose to access it that's up to them. I check twitter at best 2-3 times a day on things I am interested in. Maybe another guy should start going door to door because some people don't check youtube every minute.. :rolleyes: seriously the part part of the video people are annoyed by i8s this is a beta Musclenerd clearly stats the issues and does not recommend for general release. this guy acts like he discovered the issue when it is mentioned before it was released. A 1 minute warning would have worked just a well too.. oh and the guy is just annoying imo.

I might add that they are already in there 3rd version of the beta so they are working fast and this guy should update..

24. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

The real question is what were all these newbs thinking by using this alpha/beta buggy release to begin with? They were warned ahead of time and yet their self entitlement got the best of them again. You get what you pay for. Oh that's right, it was free.

25. MikePA macrumors 68020

MikePA

+1 - No one forced the newbs to use and install this beta software.