The updated rMBP or MBA 13inch 2013?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Adam1, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Adam1, Aug 18, 2013
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2013

Adam1 macrumors newbie

AAPLJ45,1 or Macbook Air 13 inch (2013)

AAPLJ45,1 = Macbook pro that's coming out

Trying to decided which I should get, I will use it for home use mostly web browsing, homework and light gaming everyone once and a while. BTW I use my computer a majority of the day when out of school and use it till I go to bed some days after school. I am going into 8th grade this year. Next year is high school I am allowed to bring any technology I want to school once I get to high school. Oh and this would be my first mac I have an iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod shuffle and a iPod classic. Money is not a worry, it's going to a gift from my grandma so it's not coming out of my pocket.

So, which is better for me?

----------

Please help!

2. R3fr3sh macrumors member

3. Cythth macrumors regular

Cythth

4. Vanilla35 macrumors 68030

Vanilla35

Wow, 13" MBP max. MBA, imo. Don't make your grandparents spend over 2k for your "high school" laptop. And honestly a MBA/13" MBP would perfectly suit your needs, even gaming.

5. R3fr3sh macrumors member

if you get the MBA, your eyes will envy the Retina, i guarantee it!:eek:

6. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

7. Memole macrumors member

for your needs MBA 13"

now here is why :)

• Its Lighter ( you will carry around High school so its better )
    • Battery Life ( you dont have to bring charger with you while you are in high school which means your backpack is lighter )
    • Cheaper ( yes its cheaper it would be better to spend extra money on something useful, and you don't need rMBP for High school needs. )
      Trust me i have Black Macbook pro from late 2007 with X3100 GPU and really old Core2Duo processor and only 4GB of ram and guess what i have used it till few days ago, and i am not a casual user i went to college with that laptop and also i have used it for my work and developed many many stuff on that machine... so why overpay something that you won't use it right?

Overall MBA 13" is a fantastic machine with all this features its Portable, Its mobile, Great Battery life, Powerful so everything what laptop needs and not to mention because of more normal resolution you wont have any issues to install Windows and Linux on its native resolution while on Retina MBP that i own i can install them but its not flawless...