Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nathanalf

macrumors regular
Mar 13, 2014
Wisconsin
I'm in Middleton, WI. Shipping from PA. Yours? Mine shows it left PA yesterday morning at 5 am and hasnt shown up at the next stop yet.

I’m in Madison! Mine is shipping from Memphis TN, and the last update was @ 11:07am saying that it is still in Memphis. Delivery is 11/3 by 3:00pm though so I’m sure it’ll start making its way north soon

Reactions: McD823

Resqu2

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2011
I’m just ready to see my X get the heck out of NJ, I’m not even close to NJ but it says at local hub. It’s not local to me lol.

Reactions: Edge1978

lthomas926

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
To everyone wanting to hold at the Local FedEx Center in your area for pickup Friday. Call Verizon and have them contact FedEx to put the delivery exception in. Verizon is the only one that can do this as they have tight restrictions on it, along with Apples no delivery before Friday. Your experience might vary depending on rep, but if needed tell the Verizon rep to ask for a Supervisor to complete the request. I have done this every year without issue and have done it again this year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Roddly and mvsrt99

Tekelley15

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Err I'd wait for more data before making this claim. 99% of people are not getting their orders early. Those who do are supremely lucky and it happens once in a while due to supply chain mishaps. The people who are posting in this thread are not representative of the majority of consumers.

Needless to say: if your order says 11/3 delivery date, barring any kind of weird mishap you are going to get your phone on 11/3 period. Even if you don't get charged and a tracking number until Thu night.

Mine is still sitting in Tennessee man. I'm not worried about it. It'll leave today or tomorrow I'm sure in order to receive it by 3pm on the 3rd.

Gray Tragedy

macrumors newbie
Aug 3, 2008
Finally shipped!

- Space Gray 256
- Ordered 12:02am PT
- No confirmation email!
- Got a fraud alert on my phone app on 10/27 and had to call VZW to verify the purchase
- Charged around 7-8pm PT 10/31
- Sitting in Memphis
- Shipping to Seattle
- Delivery 11/3

Thanks everyone for posting your status! I've mostly been sitting around biting my nails worrying because I never even had a confirmation email.

Reactions: icemonkey14

Blondie&Dagwood

macrumors 6502
Sep 27, 2017
To everyone wanting to hold at the Local FedEx Center in your area. Call Verizon and have them contact FedEx to put the delivery exception in. Verizon is the only one that can do this as they have tight restrictions on it, along with Apples no delivery before Friday. Your experience might vary depending on rep, but if needed tell the Verizon rep to ask for a Supervisor to complete the request. I have done this every year without issue and have done it again this year.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Anyone know if it is Fedex Ground or Fedex Express that delivers these phones? What is the difference to be honest.

lthomas926

macrumors member
Oct 22, 2012
Wow no, read what I said. Wanting to hold for pickup Friday instead of waiting for delivery. No one is going to get it early I don't care who you know. Unless you are a celebrity or someone within the company

eim23x

macrumors regular
Nov 22, 2011
Got my tracking info! In Memphis for now for 11/3 delivery to New York. I haven't checked around to see how how orders from Apple or other carriers are doing, but do people think the supply wasn't really as limited as reports suggested, or Verizon was just really on the ball?

Same here got a email @ 11:09am I guess all the 256SG iPhone X coming from

Attachments

• 2017-11-01_12-43-07 fedex.jpg
    2017-11-01_12-43-07 fedex.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 141

ChrisFitz9

macrumors member
Sep 24, 2012
Looks like a decent amount of people with 11/10 dates are getting bumped up. Hopefully I will have the same luck, still says processing and 11/10 for me unfortunately.

steve327

macrumors newbie
Oct 27, 2014
Charged last night. Shipping info an hour ago. In Memphis with the majority of them. I was beginning to worry since my orders were put on hold for 3 days until I could send verizon proof of my identity (even though I didn't have to jump through that hoop when I ordered an iPad Pro a few months back from them. I got an X is each color and my first order was put on hold but their security department was able to verify my identity over the phone with security questions verified so that order was released immediately, yet my second order also went to that department and the computer would not let them generate security questions again or use the fact that they just verified me that way on the previous order so I had to submit documents, and I was kind of lazy and took 3 days to do it and get that order released.). In Missouri so I rather expected the tracking info to drag out till today since I am one day service from Memphis even using ground level speed. Glad it's finally done though.

jjgard77

macrumors newbie
May 2, 2015
Fargo, ND
Anyone know if it is Fedex Ground or Fedex Express that delivers these phones? What is the difference to be honest.

FedEx Express is a truck that goes around making sure items that have been given promised 'before 10am' delivery times are delivered early enough. The ground truck is the normal route. Our driver arrives pretty much the same time every day at my work. I assume he also comes to my house at the same time every day. UPS is definitely on a set schedule. UPS never arrives much before 4:30pm at my house.

aj23xnyc

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2015
I’m just ready to see my X get the heck out of NJ, I’m not even close to NJ but it says at local hub. It’s not local to me lol.

Why don't people understand when they say "local facility" they mean the local hub at the location stated?! -_- lol

dstart

macrumors member
Jun 25, 2010
Update: Charged last night, shipped this morning, delivery for Friday! Probably now on a mile high pile in the Memphis facility. :)
iPhone X 256 Space Gray

Pre-ordered at 03:06 on Verizon website.
Email confirmation at 03:30

Delivery by: 11/03
Order Location: D772101

Ethan Coohill

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2015
Denver
have gotten 2 separate emails on 2 separate days saying my order is on "hold" I've called fraud protection twice and both times they said it was cleared. I got a email confirming the order was cleared and I would get a tracking number later. Getting nervous.

Have another one on order for a different line and it has already shipped :(

thebluegangsta

macrumors 6502
Sep 22, 2014
Southern California
Mine was 11/10 and I was charged today. My ship date has not changed but the Verizon app went from pending to "we're processing your order".

If fedex attempts a delivery on Friday and nobody is there, do they attempt again on Saturday or will it be Monday? I'm pretty sure it will be Monday though.
What size and color?

travbz24

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2012
To everyone wanting to hold at the Local FedEx Center in your area for pickup Friday. Call Verizon and have them contact FedEx to put the delivery exception in. Verizon is the only one that can do this as they have tight restrictions on it, along with Apples no delivery before Friday. Your experience might vary depending on rep, but if needed tell the Verizon rep to ask for a Supervisor to complete the request. I have done this every year without issue and have done it again this year.

Can you share what exactly you asked Verizon? Never done local pickup with Fedex, is it similar to UPS? Able to pick up at 8am?

Luckyleo

macrumors newbie
Oct 28, 2017

Basically what the other guy said. The big difference is that Express comes with a specific date and time for delivery (almost always the next day by 3 for Standard Express), while Ground is more of an open 1-5 day period.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.