Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cbaca51

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2016
Cali
Why would the representative tell you

Can you tell me about your experience about calling Verizon at midnight to place your order? I also considered this as an option, which Verizon has recommended to me because they stated their website may have an overload with amount of people.

iPhone 6s: this was the first time I preordered an iPhone. My mom had told me Verizon is doing this now cus she spoke with a rep when paying a bill and they mentioned it to her for whatever reason

Anyways, called right at midnight and waiting on the line for about an hour and a half. Finally got a rep, asked what size color and GB I wanted, gave them our CC and shipment info and got it via FedEx day of release (had to sign for it)

iPhone 7: called at midnight and got a rep within a couple minutes (was shocked how fast this was compared to the 6s). Got the 256GB 7 in jetblack. Had to wait to get it shipped a week after launch unfortunately but still went flawless and wasn't all that difficult

Overall it's easy to do and would reccomend it compared to doing it other ways

Reactions: 44267547

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
Last year I ordered the JB 7plus 256 gb through Verizon website. Order was confirmed at 12:04am. I was back ordered until 9/28/17 and I got my phone on 9/27/17. This year I am using the Apple app because everyone who used it and ordered after me got their same configuration iphones before me.

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
VZW Thread I am in. Any idea if they will offer a $650 trade in program like last year?

burntomaro

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2011
My current phone was purchased with the old 2 year plans and I own it out-right. My family and sisters family recently integrated our phone plans under my parents in one massive family plan. If I want to preorder and do the monthly installment, after the phone is given an order date, do I need to have my dad call and have them run a credit check so that I can be approved to order when it goes live? I don't want to have to get approval at the time of purchase.

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
Last year I went through Verizon to do the $650 trade in, hoping they do the same this year

I might order through the Apple app though, seeing as how last year they got their phones earlier

Reactions: MsRandall

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
Last year I went through Verizon to do the $650 trade in, hoping they do the same this year

I might order through the Apple app though, seeing as how last year they got their phones earlier
I mean I also hope VZW does this again but if they do, what would be your game plan? Pay off the rest of the device and do the $650 trade in? You would be losing money as half the increment payments to get you the $650 would be stopped.

tehBrad

macrumors regular
Mar 9, 2011
I mean I also hope VZW does this again but if they do, what would be your game plan? Pay off the rest of the device and do the $650 trade in? You would be losing money as half the increment payments to get you the $650 would be stopped.

I am going to give my 7Plus to my mom and trade in her 6S Plus that I gave her the year before. I used to sell them myself on eBay but the guaranteed $650 is better, especially since my mom is effectively paying for the phone now when I used to pay for the subsidized pricing before
[doublepost=1505186194][/doublepost]
What was the special Verizon did last year? I have only been with them since last December. I own my phone.

I believe it was trade in the last two iPhones for $650 value while the previous two gens could get $450 trade in values. The original trade-in values at the time were like $180 and you could only sell them on eBay for like $400

clutchm3

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2011
I am going to give my 7Plus to my mom and trade in her 6S Plus that I gave her the year before. I used to sell them myself on eBay but the guaranteed $650 is better, especially since my mom is effectively paying for the phone now when I used to pay for the subsidized pricing before
[doublepost=1505186194][/doublepost]

I believe it was trade in the last two iPhones for $650 value while the previous two gens could get $450 trade in values. The original trade-in values at the time were like $180 and you could only sell them on eBay for like $400

I am doing almost the exact same thing, gave my sister my 6S+ so hoping for same deal. Looks like we are thinking alike!

Reactions: tehBrad

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
Last year I ordered the JB 7plus 256 gb through Verizon website. Order was confirmed at 12:04am. I was back ordered until 9/28/17 and I got my phone on 9/27/17. This year I am using the Apple app because everyone who used it and ordered after me got their same configuration iphones before me.

I actually plan on ordering through Verizon this year. Quite a few people have mentioned that they actually received their devices earlier over placing there orders through Apple. Perhaps it just varies.

Reactions: democracyrules

MsRandall

macrumors 65816
Nov 27, 2011
Bay Area, Ca
I was wondering if Verizon offers a trade in for the purchase of the 8 or x models with device payments credits stop if the phone is transferred to another line on the account ? The reason I ask is last year I ordered my i7 thru Vz and the next day they were giving trade in credits for $650 for the 6s--apple orders didn't get this offer

Dirtydutch

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2015
Jerseyyy
Question...I usually order through the Apple store app and pay in full, but was going to use the myverizon app this time, those who are familiar, is it better to just select the preorder link as soon as the preorder starts and go through the upgrade process that way, or select the upgrade early option on the device tab and select the iphone preorder as the replacement for the upgrade? I figured preordering first, and the selecting upgrade was the best option, but wondering what others have done/thought... TIA

Last edited:

Samantha124

Cancelled
Dec 21, 2015
I’m planning on adding a new line when I preorder, will this be a problem? I’d like to preorder with Apple but since I’m adding a line I figured it would be easier through Verizon.

Strelok

macrumors 65816
Jun 6, 2017
United States
I'll be going through the iPhone Upgrade Program this time around. I usually always went through Verizon, although I never preordered previously.

pish6969

macrumors regular
Sep 10, 2014
What in the world are people pre ordering for? The 8 is nothing new than the 7 and the X looks like a Android phone. Wow

b_scott

macrumors 6502a
Mar 31, 2008
$999 on 10/27. I'll probably do it. It gives me another 6 weeks before I need to decide.

What in the world are people pre ordering for? The 8 is nothing new than the 7 and the X looks like a Android phone. Wow

what? the 7 isn't new. Troll much?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.