The Video Game Thread

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by vulcanvillalta, Dec 9, 2014.

1. vulcanvillalta macrumors 6502

Okay, we have a movie thread, a tv thread, and a music thread, all by our good friend, Huntn, but we do not have a console video game thread yet.

I shall begin it with:

PS3: The Last of Us.

Awesome game about survival in a post-apocalyptic world. Gameplay is wonderful, and the graphics are unreal. Anyone else play this game?

Post what game you are playing!

2. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I'll do you better. I'll show you. No, this isn't me, but I have all of the games listed, plus another 70 more from when they originally came out in the early-mid 80s.

I'm currently reliving my childhood with AD&D, AD&D: The Treasure of Tarmin, Tron Deadly Discs, Maze-a-Tron, Night Stalker, Star Strike, Bump'n'Jump, BurgerTime, and Pitfall.

That and the fact that they just came out with an Intellivison retro console that looks unbearably close to the original really brings back my childhood.

Intellivision and Retro Gaming: still blocky after all these years. :D

BL.

3. impulse462 Suspended

impulse462

The only video games that ever got my attention were Pokemon (red/blue, silver/gold, and to a small extent ruby/sapphire), Zelda (all of them pretty much) and Halo (1-3 only especially multiplayer). I could play those games till the end of time and still be entertained.

4. VI™ macrumors 6502a

That's because of the games forum most likely

5. Huntn, Dec 10, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2014

Huntn Suspended

Huntn

Lol, there are a couple threads in the Games forum. :)

World of Tanks (PC)- thumbs up. Free! But if you like this game, you'll end up spending money on it. It is not pay to win though.

world-of-tanks-background.jpg

Space Engineers (PC)- Thumbs up. Find on Steam.

SpaceEngineers_2014-08-05-10-29-40-294_FinalScreen.png

Tomb Raider (Mac/PC)- Thumbs up. Find on Steam.

World of Warcraft (Mac/PC)- The definitive MMORPG, been around for 10 years. I've played it off and on for 3 years, scattered through the 10.

6. racheltech macrumors newbie

I was playing the new Tomb Raider for Ps3. Also really cool!! :)

7. Centaurr macrumors 6502a

Centaurr

im playing FIFA World Cup 2014 rite now. its excellent, great graphics and game play, would recommend it for sure. it has about 5 diff. main missions. playing the 'rewrite history' mission game, it lets you rewrite game history of a team that lost in the WC, superb. the good thing about sports games is you never get tired of playing them compared to a shooter game or any other type of genre because each game is diff. you control what happens

Attached Files: