the white iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spacka, Jul 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacka macrumors member

probably looking to upgrade my old iphone to the 3g soon but ive decided i would like the white one.

im still undecided on which size i want but ive heard the white iphone is just totally rare and/or hard to get regardless.

wondering if anybody knew a timeframe when i could get one?

2. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

If you get the white you'll need to get the 16GB.

3. spacka thread starter macrumors member

4. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Correct.

If there is an Apple Store near you check availability for it here:
    http://www.apple.com/retail/iphone/availability.html

The store I was at yesterday got a TON in, so you may be able to get one as soon as today.

5. spacka thread starter macrumors member

6. spacka thread starter macrumors member

7. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

I don't know about UK availability, but I was torn between the black and white, but I found out that the white was coming in way earlier than the 8 or 16 black, which made my mind up for me. ;)

That's here in the States, at least.

I would call your local cell provider (is it O2?), and ask them about availability. It can't hurt, and you'll get some idea of what's happening in your neck of the woods.

BTW, I LOVE my white iPhone, so the expedient was also the best decision for me. :D

8. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

You'll get the white a lot faster I think... I ordered mine the night of the 17th, they shipped it overnight the 18th, and I got it on the 19th.

A friend decided to go with White as well and got his almost as quick. I believe he ordered on a Saturday and got his Monday or Tuesday.

9. spacka thread starter macrumors member

wow, so which is more popular? black or white? i presumed that since this is the first time theres been a white one then everybody would want one, especially those who are upgrading and have already had a black. so i thought theyd be harder to get than a black.

10. Ntombi macrumors 68040

Ntombi

Well, since the white only comes in the larger size, it's less popular by necessity. A lot of people are going for the 8GB, since it's only $199. But both colors of the 16GB are popular; it's just a matter of degrees. At the end of the day, both were sold out, it's just that the black 16GB usually sold out slightly faster.

I would get what you will like. I know how hard it is to wait, but if you like one much more than the other, get the one you really like. All of my Apple products and peripherals are white, so it made sense for me to get the white, and be happy that it "fits," but I think the black is really cool and sleek looking too. :)

11. shamash macrumors 6502a

shamash

Your old iPhone has a black backing? Mine's aluminum. Where'd you buy yours :p

12. tony-in-japan macrumors regular

Originally wanted black...

but ended up getting a white one as that is all they had. Boy am I glad I did. White is amazingly slick looking. Like the white from the androids in that Bjork music video.

Anyway, you can see pics of my white one in my Flickr photostream.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/26154011@N07/

Regards,
    Tony

13. jerryh macrumors newbie

IMHO White iPhone looks like toy and black screen and white casing creates a terrible contrast.

14. bigmouth macrumors 6502

You're welcome to your opinion, but it's a fact that black looks greasy, dirty, and scratched.

15. aosman macrumors 6502

The Black 16GBs seem to be selling out faster than the White ones.

16. peterhenley macrumors member

That is not a fact at all, it's your opinion also. Mine looks ungreasy, clean and unscratched.

17. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

Would someone PM me when this thread de-evolves down to my dad can beat up your dad? :rolleyes:

18. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Can't help but notice that your O's not particularly H... :rolleyes:

19. bigmouth macrumors 6502

No, it's a fact. You just can't handle the truth.

BTW, I'm being TOTALLY serious here...LOL!

PS: Big Pope, please, my MOMMY could beat up his daddy.

20. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I agree. Love the white

21. plumbingandtech macrumors 68000

It is a fact. Fingerprints and grease show up on the black MUCH more then the white.

facts are facts.

(that's why i bought a white. plus I just think the black just looks plastic like ;( )

22. Big Pope Daddy macrumors member

I know me, and I personally would want the black over the white, but it is just a preference. Give me a couple more days of waiting for DF, and I may have really wished I got the white!!!

23. bigmouth macrumors 6502

Truthfully, I was dead set on black until I played with them both in the store. There's no accounting for taste, but like you, I find the white much more aesthetically pleasing. Plus, as we've discussed, the black phones in the store were covered with fingerprints and scratches. They looked cheap to me...

24. peterhenley macrumors member

Ask your Mommy & Daddy (you know, the big people who live above your basement room, who pay the rent for you) what a fact is. White is for sissies. Wash your hands before using the black.

25. spacka thread starter macrumors member

no no, i just meant that people who had the old iphone still technically had a "black" one and therefore might opt for white this time around. my backing is silver too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.