Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
This is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me! I was on youtube- and i noticed something crawling on my screen. I went to flick it off and I realized it was behind the glass! It was moving towards the black bezel. I can't see it anymore but could it do something to harm the computer?! I have the 13 inch macbook pro. Should I go to the apple store?

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I tried to take a pic when I first saw it but I don't have a camera.. only the one on my phone and it is REALLY bad.
I took a video but it is VERY low quality. You can only see a dim black thing moving around.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Oh god. It died. It is stuck in my screen. I got my friends camera and I will take a picture.

reallynotnick

macrumors 65816
Oct 21, 2005
Let me just say this would not happen with a matte screen or a glossy non-glass screen! Common Apple!

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Let me just say this would not happen with a matte screen or a glossy non-glass screen! Common Apple!

Please, don't start this glossy vs. matte nonsense again, stay on topic please and help the OP.

@ the OP, since the bug has died and is visible on your screen then yes, take it to the Apple store, they may have to replace your screen since you just got it in July.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Please, don't start this glossy vs. matte nonsense again, stay on topic please and help the OP.

@ the OP, since the bug has died and is visible on your screen then yes, take it to the Apple store, they may have to replace your screen since you just got it in July.

Okay should i make a appointment online? or just go into the store?

I will have pictures up here in a minute.

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
Okay should i make a appointment online? or just go into the store?

I will have pictures up here in a minute.

Make the appt online first. No matter what type of issue it is Apple will treat you like any other customer that doesn't have a genius appointment, they will point you to the computer to make one.
IMO, this has nothing to do with the faceplate of the computer as it has a sealed gasket, the egg from the bug may have surfaced while your Macbook was being assembled in the factory and just hatched. This is why you should insist on getting the screen replaced just in case there may be more eggs.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Here are the pictures I took. It might be hard to see but it is a tiny black spec a little bit over the settings icon.
The camera just isnt that great but in person you can see that it is a tiny green thing.

Attachments

• Buginscreen.png
    Buginscreen.png
    895.9 KB · Views: 318
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.