Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I called apple and the guy on the phone had no idea what i ment.. haha. He finally got it and had never heard of it before. He said to send it in or take it to the store.

ThirteenXIII

macrumors 6502a
Mar 8, 2008
Why don't you just bring it in and say there's this dead pixel on the screen?

because apple considers that NORMAL

then again with the way QC has been lately, a bug behind the glass might be considered normal by their 'standards' lol

Rondue

macrumors regular
Jul 30, 2008
PA
because apple considers that NORMAL

then again with the way QC has been lately, a bug behind the glass might be considered normal by their 'standards' lol

Apple just said the pixel issue I had on my macbook Air was caused by "physical pressure" and if you say you had a bug behind the screen they will void your warranty and say you have a Bug infestation.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Okay I am getting really worried... Is apple going to void my warranty?

shambo

macrumors 6502a
Apr 4, 2009
Well think of it this way, is it Apples fault you have an insect behind your screen?

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
I posted on apple's forums and someone on there said a bug might have gotten in because the seal broke or somthing.

Grimmeh

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2009
lol, it's a dead bug. It's understandable to be annoyed, but scared? You're over reacting. I personally would find having to take it in more of a hassel than just living with it. :rolleyes:

CoolJoe57

macrumors newbie
Jun 22, 2009
Just take it in, say you NEVER opened the screen, and see what they say. It's apple's fault the screen probably has a unconnected area, not yours. Since you never removed the glass off, right? They won't void your warranty for this, stop listening to these other people, relax, and just take it in!

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
lol, it's a dead bug. It's understandable to be annoyed, but scared? You're over reacting. I personally would find having to take it in more of a hassel than just living with it. :rolleyes:

Haha. Thats true. Its not terrible. But I don't mind taking it in because I live really close. I wasn't really scared- but I was mad because I am in highschool and saved up a while for this.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
Just take it in, say you NEVER opened the screen, and see what they say. It's apple's fault the screen probably has a unconnected area, not yours. Since you never removed the glass off, right? They won't void your warranty for this, stop listening to these other people, relax, and just take it in!

I was just thinking that. I have NEVER taken off the glass. So how can it be my falt?

HLdan

macrumors 603
Aug 22, 2007
I was just thinking that. I have NEVER taken off the glass. So how can it be my falt?

iSchule, don't misunderstand this as being mean but could you just only report back with us AFTER you see Apple about this rather than continuing to talk about it? The thread is growing and is going nowhere. You have an issue with an insect behind your screen, we suggested that you take it to the Apple store near you, you've set up an appointment with the genius bar so at this point we just need to know what your outcome is after seeing Apple. :)

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
iSchule, don't misunderstand this as being mean but could you just only report back with us AFTER you see Apple about this rather than continuing to talk about it? The thread is growing and is going nowhere. You have an issue with an insect behind your screen, we suggested that you take it to the Apple store near you, you've set up an appointment with the genius bar so at this point we just need to know what your outcome is after seeing Apple. :)

Sorry- I was just responding to other people. I am taking it in later today.

MacFever

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2007
lawlz funny thread....and yes I've seen bugs crawling across on the outside of my screen too...an occasional ant that came from a table it's sitting on...or those little bugs that like the light from the screen..

it is possible one got in in a space somewhere in the bottom of the screen by the hinges I'm guessing......lol

imagine how many crawling to the fan exhaust vents while it's off...and later get roasted... damn... I just hope they don't short out the board or something...

it's on all types of computers...seen a spider living in a friends desktop once...with a huge web a void inside...lol...seen lizards too.

apolloa

Suspended
Oct 21, 2008
Time, because it rules EVERYTHING!
well I fell for you mate, after giving my Macbook Pro a good thorough clean, I now have a tiny little bit of fluff or something BEHIND my glass!!! God it's annoying, looks just like a dead pixel till you push the glass and see it move with the glass!! LOL
Anyone got any ideas how to get THAT out? No I'm not taking the machine into Apple.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
lawlz funny thread....and yes I've seen bugs crawling across on the outside of my screen too...an occasional ant that came from a table it's sitting on...or those little bugs that like the light from the screen..

it is possible one got in in a space somewhere in the bottom of the screen by the hinges I'm guessing......lol

imagine how many crawling to the fan exhaust vents while it's off...and later get roasted... damn... I just hope they don't short out the board or something...

it's on all types of computers...seen a spider living in a friends desktop once...with a huge web a void inside...lol...seen lizards too.

Lizards?!?! hahah! Thats crazy.

I am holding off going to the apple store for a few days. The bug is VERY small and not to distracting.

iSchule

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 30, 2009
well I fell for you mate, after giving my Macbook Pro a good thorough clean, I now have a tiny little bit of fluff or something BEHIND my glass!!! God it's annoying, looks just like a dead pixel till you push the glass and see it move with the glass!! LOL
Anyone got any ideas how to get THAT out? No I'm not taking the machine into Apple.

Thats the same thing with me! I am taking mine to apple eventually.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.