There is DEFINITELY a screen issue with the new iPad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Dlanod, Mar 26, 2012.

1. Dlanod macrumors 6502a

I collected my 4th replacement from the Apple Store in Glasgow today and it is completely different from the other three previous ones.

Screen is uniform white and bright. There is absolutely no colour change on tilting the screen. And a weird thing - the back feels and looks different - it's more matt than the last three.

I checked a good number of the display models and all were perfect white screens and had the matt back. It's build week 7 as were two of the other three and the DL (Foxconn) factory.

So something is going on. If you have tinting problems - return them folks. Not right.

2. kidwithdimples macrumors 6502a

No, the new iPad is perfectly fine. You just have OCD with everything.

3. Star56 macrumors member

Bingo! This is exactly the issue.

4. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

You guys got good ones first time around. Be glad. I know what I see.

5. iEvolution macrumors 65816

Its interesting with all the display problems in the past Apple has had that people would think it is impossible for it to happen again.

6. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

7. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

I guess if I had always been lucky with good screens I might think the same but yeah - mass production of anything will always through out problems. And I would think that the bulk of them are just fine. There seems to be a small but significant batch that are not.

And the Apple Store agreed with me that the screen was faulty. No debate. Immediate replacement offered.

----------

And 15% of 3M is a large number too - 450K - so if this sample is representative (and it's probably not) that's a large number. Let's say it's only a third of that - 150K dodgy screens is not insignificant - certainly not if you have one.

8. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

Mine is fine. Color temp is fine too. And I'm picky as h3ll.

9. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

No, that's 15% of 800 Macrumors forum members.

And the significance is tempered by the fact Apple has an endless supply of replacements to correct any issues a small minority of users are facing. I don't mean to minimize your problem, but to say "Apple has a screen problem" is a bit of an overstatement... :D

10. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well I buy Apple products cos I'm confident that if I have a problem, they will sort it - and they have. And that's why I'll be back again and again with my hard earned cash!

:D:D

11. ZBoater macrumors G3

ZBoater

I know right? Apple customer service has won me over. I am so looking forward to the new MacBooks... :cool:

12. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Man you people that keep returning your iPads really have no lives. 4, 5, 6 or even 7 times you look for something that isn’t there.

So for every device that gets released we have people like this. You guys make it seems like a widespread problem. Its not, the only problem is the one in your head. The Genius bar must hate people like you, maybe even more than the scalpers
    Oh no, if I turn the brightness up tyo 100%, and turn off the light and restart the iPad to show only the startup screen then I can see Blacklight bleeding. How stupid do you people sound?
    Newsflash, most LCD’s have blacklight bleeding. Check it out on your TV.

I have owned 3G, 3GS, Iphone 4, iPad, iPad2 and the new iPad, a Macbook Pro, Airport Express, Apple TV and Apple TV3, and never had the amount of time wasting as some of you do with your products.
    Do you do the samething when buying any other product, or are you just this anal about Apple products?

13. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey we're all different - that's what makes this old world so interesting......

14. Sylon macrumors 68020

Sylon

I still think all these screen problems are Samsung's way of getting back at Apple for all those Galaxy Tab lawsuits.

15. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

Some people have an eye for quality. ;)

16. Aksta macrumors regular

dude when your screen looks like this it isn't in your head.

Attached Files:

17. William.Mantle macrumors 6502

18. ReallyBigFeet macrumors 68030

ReallyBigFeet

I think we know what we see too. OCD.

19. Dlanod thread starter macrumors 6502a

The three I had previously were EXACTLY like this - different pattern but same problem. And when you change the angle of the screen, the tinting moved. The one I now have does none of this. So yeah, the problem sadly is not just in our heads.

Good luck with getting a decent one.

20. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I don't.

21. crazycanucks macrumors regular

Maybe go to a different store, or order online instead. Wait a month so they get "issues" like this soprted it out. Stop wasting everyone's time.

I have a decent one, but maybe I am not looking hard enough to see "issues" on my iPad

Did eveyone else that bought at teh same store have the same "issues" as yourself?

22. iEvolution macrumors 65816

you are paying mucho dollars (for most people) for this device it should be perfect to the user, especially hardware issues.

23. Markyboy81 macrumors 6502a

This reminds me of the purple tint issue with the Nokia n8. I hadn't noticed it until someone on a forum pointed it out and then it bugged me for a couple of days until I realised I had many more important things to worry about

24. crazycanucks macrumors regular

What do you expect when your getting products manufactured in China for basically slave labour.

#1stworldproblems

25. TheWheelMan macrumors 6502a

TheWheelMan

How can something be "perfect" to the user if (and I emphasize "if") the user is seeing imperfections that aren't there?