There is no 5.5 inch iPhone

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
IMO.

The 4.7 leaks are thick and fast. There can be no doubt of how it will look now. There won't be many surprises once it's finally released.

5.5? No schematics/Chinese rubber cases/blurry pics. Nothing. Nada.

Maybe eventually there will be one, but not in this cycle. I'm not sure I'd go for that big, but liking the look of the 4.7.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
I hope you are wrong because I really want the 5.5" this year. However, it seems like it won't happen this year and more likely 4.7".
Me too. I was hoping to see them side by side and plump for one. Knowing me I'll get the 4.7 and then want a 5.5 when it's released....in 2016 :eek:

Tthomas612

macrumors 65816
Aug 24, 2013
I actually think that Apple could do similar to what Samsung does with the Galaxy and Notes. They can release in two separate times of year.

Personally I won't be in the market for the 5.5" only the 4.7.

I also find my 5s to be a perfect size the only want I have is an HD Screen

Idefix

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2012
Ah, come on!

This is ruining a lot people's fun! Surely you understand the entertainment value of rumors? It's keeping a whole bunch of folks engaged and content! It gives deep meaning and purpose to their lives...plus it gives everybody something deeply meaningful to talk about at the bar!

I mean, it's not really important that the rumor be true! It's only important that yours is bigger than theirs.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
Yeah I don't think there will be a 5.5 I never thought that this year we would see one. But the problem is all these rumors have these really ugly make me want to throw up lines on the back if them... Those lines look like sh** and I hope like hell they won't happen

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
IMO.

The 4.7 leaks are thick and fast. There can be no doubt of how it will look now. There won't be many surprises once it's finally released.

Maybe eventually there will be one, but not in this cycle. I'm not sure I'd go for that big, but liking the look of the 4.7.
You have some inside info! Thanks for sharing! I'm bummed now because I really wanted the 5.5".... Oh well. Keep us filled in on the news please.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
IMO.

Sooo... 4.7" premium 6 (maybe even named 6s?) and 4" "unapologetically plastic" 6 (possibly 6c?)? This is what I'm hoping for. Slowly get me to a larger screen. Maybe so slowly that this fad will pass me by. :rolleyes:

For those who say I'm an old fogy, I'm in my early 20s. Eyesight is good, just small girly hands and a desire to keep the purse from getting too heavy (yes, gents, this is an issue; ever picked up a woman's purse when it's full?).

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
You have some inside info! Thanks for sharing! I'm bummed now because I really wanted the 5.5".... Oh well. Keep us filled in on the news please.
Well I never claimed inside information, did I hmmm?
Heavens forbid anyone adds speculation to a site with 'Rumor' in its title.

By the way, sarcasm? Lowest form of wit. (Source-Oscar Wilde).

boomhower

macrumors 68000
Oct 21, 2011
I'm getting a new phone this year and would prefer the 5.5. I personally think it will come out next year. Lots of advantages to waiting, not the least of which it would give them the ability to offer a completely new phone every year. 4.7 this, 5.5 next along side the 4.7S and so on.

TantalizedMind

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
IMO.

Good thinking. I was wondering that last week. "Why are there no 5.5 leaks?" Maybe it doesn't exist.

4.7" is good enough for my tastes! :)

AFDoc

macrumors 68030
Jun 29, 2012
Colorado Springs USA for now
Well I never claimed inside information, did I hmmm?
Heavens forbid anyone adds speculation to a site with 'Rumor' in its title.

By the way, sarcasm? Lowest form of wit. (Source-Oscar Wilde).
Oh I thought that was Olivia Wilde.....

You sure stated it as if you knew something. Of course ANYONE can write anything they want on a rumor site..... but maybe not doing that is a better idea... I mean for most, not you of course.

Gonna come back into this thread in a bit when the 5+" is announced and eat some crow?

Retired Cat

macrumors 65816
Jun 12, 2013
Many people though Apple would never release an iPad mini either, but Apple eventually brought one to market.

My sense is that the 5.5" iPhone is inevitable, because there is a substantial market for this kind of device. It makes sense to create another high-margin premium product rather than cede the space to Samsung.

SolarShane

macrumors 6502
Mar 7, 2014
I think Apple deliberately leaked the 5.5" size for the iPhone. I really don't think it's the iPhone. I think it's yet another iPad.

TantalizedMind

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2007
He talking about there production orders. Apple has put in orders for 20% more iphone 6's than they did for the 5s.
Oh, now that makes sense. I think Apple realizes how many people on iPhone 4's want to upgrade. I'm so sick of waiting I almost got a 5S the other day but the screen is still too small.

TheAppleFairy

macrumors 68030
Mar 28, 2013
The Clinton Archipelago unfortunately
Gonna come back into this thread in a bit when the 5+" is announced and eat some crow?
I was thinking the same thing. I was going to post a picture like get ready to eat up.

Nobody knows for sure, but the announcement is coming soon. Personally I still like the 3.5" phone and clinging to my 4S. If a 4.7 and 5.5 get released I will probably upgrade to the 4.7. Though having a Galaxy S3 as my work phone, I really prefer the smaller phone. I just feel like it's time Apple is ready to release two sized iPhones. They have two sized of the MBA, two sizes of Ipads, and multiple sizes iPods, I think it's time for them to take the leap and release two sizes of iPhones.

cosmic68

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
Oh I thought that was Olivia Wilde.....

You sure stated it as if you knew something. Of course ANYONE can write anything they want on a rumor site..... but maybe not doing that is a better idea... I mean for most, not you of course.

I would love you to be right.

But I think you're wrong, unfortunately.