There were no iPad 2 leaks....

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TSX, Sep 21, 2011.

1. TSX macrumors 68030

TSX

At least I don't remember any, but there were a ton of case leaks though. Hopefully the iPhone 5 cases we've seen mean a new iPhone.

2. Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

Wrong forums. This is the iPhone, not iPad. And cases don't mean much. They could or could not be right and I bet only the high priority case manufacturers actually have the details on the exterior of the new iPhone. And noticed how I said exterior and not actual features or specifications that don't affect how a case is designed.

3. aohus macrumors 68000

4. boss.king, Sep 21, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2011

boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Did you guys even read his post? The OP was saying since there were no iPad 2 leaks even though the design changed that it is plausible that there is a redesigned iPhone, not just the '4S' that people are talking about. I a reasonable thought OP.

5. TSX, Sep 21, 2011

TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

This is the right forum, the iPad 2 cases that came out before were spot on as far as the design went even though no parts were leaked. So hopefully the iPhone 5 ones are spot on too.

Also the people in china who leaked the design to the case manufacture also went to jail a couple of months ago if you recall.

*And apparently they only read my title and not my post.

6. Frenchjay macrumors 68000

Frenchjay

I understood the op. I am in hope that case manufacturers must have something good enough to go off to make these cases. Whether they have mass produced them is still speculative but it's an indicator they know something.

7. smotheredhope macrumors regular

but there were supply chain leaks. That is the most telling, Look at the iphone 4S. There is really no way to stop the supply chain leaks. Weve had them for damn near every iteration of iphones. There being exactly none (no, case manufacturers dont count) tell the whole crappy truth that there will be no significant redesign and only an "s" upgrade.

The problem, Im told was never with the hardware it was always with the OS. :mad:

8. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I don't recall any supply leaks of the iPad 2.

9. na1577 macrumors 6502a

We didn't see any hardware, but we got a lot of software leaks. We knew about Photobooth, the low-resolution cameras (we saw the Camera app), FaceTime, etc.

The only hardware information was provided by third party cases.

10. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

The big thing I remember was not really a leak but the people that made the iPad 2 mock up based on the cases. That ended up being quite accurate.

Here's hoping!

11. Spectrum Abuser, Sep 21, 2011

Spectrum Abuser macrumors 65816

Spectrum Abuser

And I stayed on topic after I told him this is the wrong forum for the iPad. Did you guys even read the rest of my post or did your negative thought process kick in too fast?

12. TSX, Sep 21, 2011

TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

Remember earlier this year some devs claimed apple gave them the new iPhone to develop for, which was the iPhone 4 with the A5. Hopefully the pics we are seeing are just photos from that phone. I haven't seen multiple parts for the "N94" or iPhone 4s, it seems pics that have leaked of it, is the same white iPhone 4 A5 that was leaked earlier this year. Why no black "N94" parts?

13. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

No I didn't read the rest of your post, I was simply commenting on the fact that it's not in the wrong section. I've cut down the quote now.

14. sulpfiction macrumors 68030

sulpfiction

The rest of your post is irreveleant if the first 2 words are "wrong forums". No negative thought process had to kick in. The OP's post is totally relevant to the iPhone forum. What confuses me is that u did "stay on topic", which ironically was related to iPhone. But only after u said he posted in the wrong froum:confused:

15. getKaos macrumors member

The OP is right, aside from a mock up claiming to be that of the new iPad 2 chassis appearing on the CES 2011 show floor, there were no leaks that I can remember.

As Apple's buying power has grown, they have a lot more control over their supply chain as those companies don't want to bite the hand that feeds them. They know that if there is a leak, and it's traced back to them or their employees in any way, that will be the end of their Apple supply contract. For some of these companies, that could mean their survival.

It is actually quite impressive how well Apple has managed this considering the number number of different suppliers and the sheer volume of component that they need for any of these devices.

16. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

That iPad 2 back at CES was designed from the ipad case leaks. The workers at foxconn are basicly prisioners of work, they actually live at foxconn dorms, so that's why parts don't usually escape, because they cant even leave themselves.

17. tahoeroscoe macrumors regular

tahoeroscoe

Good point, OP. You give me hope. I will be so happy if we get a 4 inch screen, it's really the only thing i dislike about the iphone4.

18. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm hoping the mockup we saw on MR is accurate. Dunno about that elongated home button though

19. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

Also the cube in NYC isn't ready yet, so we have to wait until it's reopened

20. TSX thread starter macrumors 68030

TSX

I think if the iPhone gets a bigger screen it won't be for multimedia purposes, but more for gestures. You reall can't do gestures that well on the current iPhone.

21. zipster macrumors 6502

Maybe the next iPhone isn't coming until January.

2011 is the year of the iPad 2, after all.

[​IMG]:apple:

22. kappaknight macrumors 68000

kappaknight

Comprehension FAIL. Year of the iPad 2 means no new iPads will come out, not that nothing else will come out. We've already seen new Macbooks, displays and other things. I'm pretty sure new iPods will be out too. Also, in case you didn't notice, many other companies have released stuff too - guess they don't care it's year of the iPad 2.

23. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

this reminds me of the iphone nano... weren't there case leaks for that and nothing came out?

24. TM WAZZA macrumors 68000

iPod touch 3rd gen as well... cases coming out indicating it has a camera located in the middle. But Apple came out with a version without one. (Due to production problems).Though along with those iPod touch 3rd gen cases there were iPod Nano 5G cases, indicating the camera is located on the bottom left, which turned out to be true.