There will be a crap load of phones available at Apple Stores on the 19th!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by drober30, Sep 15, 2014.

1. drober30 macrumors 6502a

Preorder Preorder Preorder... I keep reading how the preorders sold out and how hard its going to be to get a phone. There may be a shorter supply of 6+ phones over the 6 but Apple just loves the media attention and long lines at their stores on launch days and will be sure to have lots of phones to go through. Apple knew this would be their biggest launch ever!

2. Alag28 macrumors 6502

i hope your right. because i didnt pre order one and plan to camp out. i dont want an iphone upset

3. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

This is the usual for Apple.

4 million preorders sold.

I wonder how many phones will be brick and mortar sold on launch day. I do remember my Apple Store in Aventura, FL didn't run out of phones until about 3-4pm on launch day.

Of course, with many more combinations of size, color, capacity, and more carriers on board this year, more people will be disappointed than in the past.

4. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Yeah, I wouldn't count on sauntering into your local store and grabbing one on launch day and possibly for a couple weeks after. Short stocks of specific configurations or whole models are not uncommon in these launch situations.

5. nox5, Sep 15, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2014

nox5 macrumors 6502

They're coming by pallets at night and day to each store for the rest of the week
    pallet_tb.jpg
    100624_iphone4_armed_guard.jpg

6. cymolia macrumors 6502a

7. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

This is true and defiantly going to have an impact.

8. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

Yep. Just as they have in previous years and Apple has had trouble keeping up with demand then too.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

OP might just be right. I remember with the pre order my friends did not camp and they got their phones on release day. And there was plenty left when they got theirs.

10. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

If I had to guess, there is a supply earmarked for preorders and a HUGE supply earmarked for stores. They don't dip into the store supply to expedite the online orders. I'm sure the stores will have LOADS of the 6.. the 6 Plus is the only question.

:apple:

11. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Don't get me wrong... I'm camping, just think I will be outdone by those that don't!

12. Surfer13134 macrumors 6502a

I do want to tend to believe this also. Everyone that wanted a phone pre ordered it already. Stores are going to have them in stock it may not be what you want but they will have some. Remember last year with the Xbox One and PS4,Everyone said you wont find them for months. I camped out all day to get my PS4 only to go into the stores and find them on the shelves. I think this is a huge hype.

Could it be hard to find at first? Yea but remeber stores get new inventory in all the time and Apple gets restocked almost every day if I remember correctly.

13. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Hahahahahahahahahahaha.

14. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just imagine if there were no preorders for this huge launch! They would have out of control lines way beyond the already out of control lines!

Preorders are a means of crowd control. I was up at 3:00am and if Apples website would have worked, I would be waiting for UPS instead like I did on the last phone that they allowed preorders!

15. thesiren macrumors 6502a

thesiren

You don't say!

16. CEmajr macrumors 601

With the 5S if you wanted a Space Grey they were pretty easy to get after the first couple of days in all the Apple Stores. The Silver began coming in stock regularly after a few weeks but it took until late October-early November before the Gold one was readily available.

It's unclear so far if the Gold or any of the colors will be in excessive demand this time around.

17. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

If you are willing to wait, you'll get your phone on launch day.

18. mojito macrumors member

I can't imagine that Apple is going to have enough product to satisfy the demand right off the bat. Usually it's their motto to please just some of the desire so that it creates a frenzy and churns the hype machine a bit faster. Maybe I'm wrong, but isn't that how it usually goes?

19. drober30 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes thats true, I'm not saying they wont sell out but when you see a line 200 people deep and think oh my god why even wait in that line, each person can only get two phones so thats only four hundred phones and they will have more than double that in stock.

20. AceMason macrumors 6502

There are so many different options though, the chances that you'll get the exact model that you want are slim, especially if it's 6+ if you show up right when the store opens.

Last year if you showed up when the store opened, there were plenty of Space Gray models available. If you wanted Gold you had to wait in line several hours prior.

21. Bluphyre macrumors member

i went to an apple store today and they STILL have preorders of the 6 available not even including stock reserved for line ups... so ya.. 6+ not so lucky 6. you'll 100% get one

22. Surf Monkey macrumors 68030

Surf Monkey

You're in no position to state that as a fact.

23. slippery-pete macrumors 65816

slippery-pete

Did I state that as a fact or offer my opinion?

24. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

Curious as to what time each Apple Store will sell out of the 6+.

Also curious how many hours between selling out of the 6+ and 6.

25. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

With the 5S, only the first ~100 people at my store were able to get a gold or white model whereas the 16GB space gray at&t was available all day. I predict a similar situation with the 6+ vs. the 6.