There will be no iphone 7 Plus...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by techiebug, Aug 7, 2016.

1. techiebug, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

techiebug macrumors 6502a

It starts to make sense now. Apple will retire the "plus" version and replace it with the "pro" instead to make it consistent with other product lines (ipad and Macbook) There will be 2 versions: iphone 7 and iphone 7 pro. However, unlike the "plus", the iPhone "pro" won't be $100 more than the smaller one. It's probably $150 more since it has far more features (dual camera, 3gb ram, 1080p screen) . Just like what they did with the iPad.

Yep just Apple doing Apple things.. Them greedy bastards...

2. Sunny1990, Aug 7, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 7, 2016

Sunny1990 Suspended

Sunny1990

Where did you get it??? No way apple will retire plus version this early instead they can add third line up in the pile with more advanced features in pro version

3. Appleaker macrumors 68000

Maybe but the rumored Pro could turn out to be the Plus and vice versa. Also there have been rumors that the camera technology isn't ready so we may not see it. They may release a Plus and Pro as the dummy makers have suggested, however the feature difference would be too small. The only thing they could do to get more people to buy the Pro over a Plus is have a QHD display.

If Apple were to do what they did with the iPads, we would see a 4.7" and 5.5" Pro replacing the standard iPhones. I hope we don't see that naming scheme.

4. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

calling it the pro would be rather embarrassing title given what it's set to do.

5. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

I doubt the Plus will exist at all. 3 iphone versions would complicate the supply chain hence affecting the production. Apple need to have something to make people upgrade and it will be the dual camera, and maybe a new color. The name "pro" will instantly make people think it is superior than the regular one.

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

7. BLUEBLASTER macrumors regular

BLUEBLASTER

But they have 3 versions of the ipad. Mini, Normal and Pro. There is 3 versions of the iPhone at the moment. SE, iPhone and Plus. I don't think one more would have much of an impact.

8. now i see it macrumors 65816

Any device that runs iOS can hardly be called a pro. It's like buying an etch-a-sketch Pro. Or a Barbie Pro. Could anyone say with a straight face say that they have an iPhone Pro?

9. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I guess I "travel" with different people but very seldom do we all get together to discuss what iPhone they have or what they call it.

10. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Same. Don't care what it's called.

11. Math889 macrumors 65816

12. HarryWild macrumors 6502a

HarryWild

I like to see Apple bring out a Pro"fessional" version just to up the product line even further! Cost would be 50% more then that of the regular of the regular iPhones to be like that of the iPad Pro!
    --- Post Merged, Aug 7, 2016 ---
    You don't know until the 9th of September what new colors will be release!
    It will be: "I have an iPhone Pro Plus!"

13. Math889 macrumors 65816

The same colors- rose gold, space grey , gold, and silver ... Wow , the color option will be the same as IPhone 6s
    Surprised

14. The Game 161 macrumors G5

The Game 161

dunno i think there will be a space black too

15. Dave245 macrumors 601

Yea, there has been a couple of leaked pictures of the Space Black version.

16. mtneer macrumors 68020

mtneer

What would be "pro" about an extra camera? I think Apple marketing just needs to clear the smoke and take a walk outside in the real world.

17. bufffilm macrumors 601

bufffilm

If Apple pulls a space black phone...odds are good then that this phone won't have much to wow us with.

Tell me differently after the announcement.

18. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

I think we do not have long to wait and we all will know soon enough.

19. Dave245 macrumors 601

A very reliable leaker Onleaks is saying we may see 2 options for the iPhone 7 black colour, a Matt black option and a glossy black option. That would be great :D

But in terms of the device I don't think we will see 3 devices, I think :apple: tested 2 versions of the Plus or Pro and decided which one to go with later.

20. techiebug thread starter macrumors 6502a

The ipad mini and iphone SE are like one-time products. They don't get to release new versions every year. New versions require new supply components and all that. Plus the 2 bigger iphones would just eat each other's market share.

21. pojo1806 macrumors 68000

iPhone 7 "Pro" @ 1080p... That would be embarrassing.

22. gim macrumors 6502

gim

Agreed. There is nothing "pro" about that rumored iPhone, especially not the better camera or smart connector.
    However, if they'd introduce a Continuum like feature that is focused on productivity (which they won't), the Pro moniker could be a little more appropriate.

23. Appleaker macrumors 68000

That's different - Each is a different size. They could manage a 3rd phone in the 7 lineup but there would be no point since it would be too close to the Plus model.
    The thought of calling it Pro is ridiculous since current Flagships such as the Note 7 beats it in almost every aspect, and similarly phones with dual cameras will likely beat most of the specs it may have.

24. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Beyond the name, I can't see Apple raising prices in the current severely saturated market. But what do I know?

25. ABC5S macrumors 68040

ABC5S

Just another guess from Op. Maybe they should call this place Mac-Guesses, not make MacRumors.