Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamesrick80

macrumors 68030
Sep 12, 2014
One word on why choose android... Freedom....I rather have a liberal phone than the communist iphone :rolleyes:

Zaft

macrumors 601
Jun 16, 2009
Brooklyn, NY
The key is to become a smartuser of dumbdevices, compared to a dumbuser of smartdevices. And for this, Android devices and Intel-based Windows 8.1 tablets are the best, iOS is the worst.

By dumbuser of smartdevices I mean a user who's completely locked in into an ecosystem, a cobweb of clouds, lack of file system, restricted apps, proprietary file formats, fashion before functionality, zealotism before rationality. In this case, the device is smart in a sense that it's like a spider spreads a web and catches a dumb fly and jumps on it and drinks its blood.

And by smartuser of dumbdevices I mean a user who's free of any ecosystem, doesn't use any cloud, uses local storage instead (with syncronization between devices using either direct copy or Dropbox), app store without gestapo, common file formats, funtionality before fashion, rationality before zealotism. In this case, the user is smart in a sense that he's like a horse rider who uses horses for his purposes and can change horses if needed.

Am I right to understand that your calling people that use IOS dumb?

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
That's Apples goal too. The whole poi t of either OS is to get you in and sell you more in many if not both of the same ways.

The difference is that Apple sells you a completely vertically integrated user experience, a high quality product that encompasses hardware, software, and services.

Google doesn't sell you anything, it lets you use its software and services for free, because Google doesn't sell you a product, YOU are the product. Google sells you to make their money.

----------

One word on why choose android... Freedom....I rather have a liberal phone than the communist iphone :rolleyes:

Ha ha ha, great speech, Braveheart! If there is a communist demographic, it is on the Android side of the fence. Free (as in zero dollars) OS for the people! Meanwhile the elitist robber baron capitalists hang out on iOS spending money. Also, you know what is funny, in searching through the millions of apps available for iOS, I've never actually felt trapped in any way, never felt limited or 'not free'...in fact most all quality apps come out on iOS first, simply because those elitist robber barons make it more worthwhile because they spend more money than the plebs on Android :rolleyes:

pdqgp

macrumors 68020
Mar 23, 2010
The difference is that Apple sells you a completely vertically integrated user experience, a high quality product that encompasses hardware, software, and services.

And with android you get to pick the hardware based on which one matches your needs, interests or vertical. The user has more options and can a choose from value oriented entry level brands to the higher end more expensive offerings.

Google doesn't sell you anything, it lets use its software and services for free, because Google doesn't sell you a product, YOU are the product. Google sells you to make their money.

Again iOS and Apple does the same thing. They are leveraging thier customer base just the same.

----------

in searching through the millions of apps available for iOS, I've never actually felt trapped in any way, never felt limited or 'not free'...in fact most all quality apps come out on iOS first, simply because those elitist robber barons make it more worthwhile because they spend more money than the plebs on Android :rolleyes:

IMO trapped is my being restricted in regards to certain core apps. Also limited or blocked from using others that would offer far more functionality.

Again a decent experience but.not one of my creation but that of Apples. No thanks. I'll take an open system that allows for a smarter more personalized experience that allows me to operate the device the way I choose.

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Make sure you add an asterisk next to high quality hardware and software. iPhone 4 was plaqued with antenna issues. iPhone 5 was plagued with dents and scratches straight from Foxconn. The iPhone 6 is plagued with bending issues.
Software wise Apple hasn't exactly gotten OSX or iOS8 right. iOS8 has been a mess right out of the gate. Apple Maps didn't have the greatest start to its life either.
No company is perfect. Take off those rose colored glasses.

Google doesn't sell you anything, it lets you use its software and services for free, because Google doesn't sell you a product, YOU are the product. Google sells you to make their money.
So Google doesn't sell phones, tablets, Chromecasts or Chromebooks? I wonder what these things are in my house then if not Google products?

Ha ha ha, great speech, Braveheart! If there is a communist demographic, it is on the Android side of the fence. Free (as in zero dollars) OS for the people!
That isn't the def of communism. That is Marxism. Communism (or more specifically, Stalinism) is going to a store and having just one choice of toilet paper, one choice of bread, one choice of anything. No options. But you still have the money to buy that single item.

Meanwhile the elitist robber baron capitalists hang out on iOS spending money. Also, you know what is funny, in searching through the millions of apps available for iOS, I've never actually felt trapped in any way, never felt limited or 'not free'...in fact most all quality apps come out on iOS first, simply because those elitist robber barons make it more worthwhile because they spend more money than the plebs on Android :rolleyes:
Apple has a tremendous app store, as does Google. Both have high end exclusive apps. Both companies actually pay firms to get exclusivity deals on those apps. But regardless of your belief, 99.9% of all apps are on both stores. And out of the 1 to 1.5 million apps located in each store, over 80% are either old, never updated apps or garbage.

That said, iOS has a huge advantage over Android in the medical field. There are several exclusive apps designed for the iPad to look at CT scans, MRI's, XRays, etc. This is the only area that I can personally confirm that iOS blows Android out of the water. But still we are only talking about 20-30 apps.

Last edited:

LIVEFRMNYC

macrumors G3
Oct 27, 2009
Any device I have with me almost 24/7, I need that OS to be as flexible as possible. I can deal with iOS on the iPad, but not on a phone that's with be all the time. That's my main reason I left the iPhone without going into specifics.

aneftp

macrumors 601
Jul 28, 2007
Google doesn't want Apples business model. No one does. Apple is literally a one product company. If the iPhone were to suddenly disappear, Apple loses 80% of its profits! Macs and iPads don't sell nearly enough to sustain Apple, iPods are dead and OSX is given away for free to consumers. Now granted, the iPhone is not going away, but Google is a diversified company that is touching many different sectors from Robotics, to internet networks, to micro-satellites, to self-driving cars, etc. Google is far from being just an advert company. BTW, Google doesn't need loyalty from anyone. Google IS the internet.

http://iphone.appleinsider.com/articles/10/07/02/special_report_the_end_of_apples_ipod_era

iPods were the major cash cow for Apple in the mid 2000s. It accounted for more than 55% of total revenue.

Things change. And they change quickly in technology.

Microsoft has had major growing pains as well. Office is/was there major cash cow.

Google search is their staple. Google has had plenty of failed projects as well. One can easily say without Google ads revenues (which also account for more than 60% of their revenue). Google is just as dead in the water.

http://bgr.com/2014/02/06/apple-google-microsoft-revenue-sources/

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
So Google doesn't sell phones, tablets, Chromecasts or Chromebooks? I wonder what these things are in my house then if not Google products?

Nope, Google doesn't make or sell any of those products. LG, Sony, Samsung, Asus, etc produce and sell those things, and they don't pay Google a penny to put Android or ChromeOS on any of them.

That isn't the def of communism. That is Marxism. Communism (or more specifically, Stalinism) is going to a store and having just one choice of toilet paper, one choice of bread, one choice of anything. No options. But you still have the money to buy that single item.

Seriously, now you want to say that it is not an active choice made by the consumer to enter into Apple's ecosystem? As you've already pointed out numerous times, Apple doesn't have a monopoly on anything, they don't even have a majority market share. Nobody is forcing anyone to buy an iPhone. It is an active choice!

Apple has a tremendous app store, as does Google. Both have high end exclusive apps. Both companies actually pay firms to get exclusivity deals on those apps. But regardless of your belief, 99.9% of all apps are on both stores. And out of the 1 to 1.5 million apps located in each store, over 80% are either old, never updated apps or garbage.

That said, iOS has a huge advantage over Android in the medical field. There are several exclusive apps designed for the iPad to look at CT scans, MRI's, XRays, etc. This is the only area that I can personally confirm that iOS blows Android out of the water. But still we are only talking about 20-30 apps.

There you go, you've just proven my point that there is literally no real entrapment or limitation going on here. You can do just as much, if not more, on iOS as you can with Android, unless your definition of freedom is customizing your home screen with cuztom widgetz dude! (But even that sort of "freedom" is available to the jailbreak community, which is the equivalent of the rooting community for Android.)

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
And with android you get to pick the hardware based on which one matches your needs, interests or vertical. The user has more options and can a choose from value oriented entry level brands to the higher end more expensive offerings.

Yeah, nobody is saying that iOS is for everyone. 90% of the Android marketshare is saturated with super low cost phones and tablets that provide a hideous experience, never get updated, lose money for the manufacturer, etc. that people only get because they can't afford or are not willing to spend more on a phone or tablet. The only successful and useful Android products are the high end ones that try to compete with Apple's offerings.

Again iOS and Apple does the same thing. They are leveraging thier customer base just the same.

If you don't understand that using a "free" service means that you are not the customer but the product, then you are being willfully difficult. Apple wants your money. Google wants to know more about you than you know about yourself so they can sell advertising space aimed at you.

IMO trapped is my being restricted in regards to certain core apps. Also limited or blocked from using others that would offer far more functionality.

Again a decent experience but.not one of my creation but that of Apples. No thanks. I'll take an open system that allows for a smarter more personalized experience that allows me to operate the device the way I choose.

I have heard this numerous times as a cop out general trope. Please give examples, and don't mention rooting the device, because the jailbreak community on iOS is just as vibrant as the rooting community on Android. What are the core apps that provide soooo much more freedom and functionality? I would love to know what you all are talking about!

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Nope, Google doesn't make or sell any of those products. LG, Sony, Samsung, Asus, etc produce and sell those things, and they don't pay Google a penny to put Android or ChromeOS on any of them.
LOL. Google doesn't sell any products? That is what you believe? :eek: Apparently, you aren't aware of this little site called the Google Store. Do you seriously not know that Google sells Chromecasts, Chromebooks, Nexus phones and tablets and Android wear watches? If so, you must not be aware that Amazon sells phones and tablets as well.
But, if you want to go by 'your' definition, then Apple doesn't sell iPhones or iPads or iPods or ATV's, since it is made up of parts from other companies and assembled by Foxconn.

So let me educate you a bit and take a look: https://play.google.com/store/devices?hl=en

There you go, you've just proven my point that there is literally no real entrapment or limitation going on here. You can do just as much, if not more, on iOS as you can with Android, unless your definition of freedom is customizing your home screen with cuztom widgetz dude! (But even that sort of "freedom" is available to the jailbreak community, which is the equivalent of the rooting community for Android.)
Nice response, except you directed it at the wrong person.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012
There's one very good reason to choose Android over iOS

LOL. Google doesn't sell any products? That is what you believe? :eek: Apparently, you aren't aware of this little site called the Google Store. Do you seriously not know that Google sells Chromecasts, Chromebooks, Nexus phones and tablets and Android wear watches? If so, you must not be aware that Amazon sells phones and tablets as well.

But, if you want to go by 'your' definition, then Apple doesn't sell iPhones or iPads or iPods or ATV's, since it is made up of parts from other companies and assembled by Foxconn.

So let me educate you a bit and take a look: https://play.google.com/store/devices?hl=en

Nice response, except you directed it at the wrong person.

I think he means that apple actually designs its products. They may outsource parts and manufacturing but we all know apple really creates its designs for iPhones iPads macs etc. And apple creates and designs it's software too on the hardware, iOS and osx. Google nexus products are wholly designed out by lg, asus, samsung etc. And again apple is smart enough to make money on hardware and software/apps/content. They're a real computer company. They make and design hardware as well as mobile software and real desktop software.

Last edited:

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
I think he means that apple actually designs its products. They may outsource parts and manufacturing but we all know apple really creates its designs for iPhones iPads macs etc. And apple creates and designs it's software too on the hardware, iOS and osx. Google nexus products are wholly designed out by lg, asus, samsung etc. And again apple is smart enough to make money on hardware and software/apps/content. They're a real computer company. They make and design hardware as well as mobile software and real desktop software.

Not arguing that at all. I agree.

But for him to say Google doesn't sell hardware is a complete and utter fallacy.

mib1800

Suspended
Sep 16, 2012
(But even that sort of "freedom" is available to the jailbreak community, which is the equivalent of the rooting community for Android.)

Technically speaking there is a huge difference here. The jailbreak is to hack and circumvent the IOS operating system by injecting code into the binary runtime. It is like poking in the big black box that is IOS and try to patch it and hoping that it works.

Rooting is just to break the security of the super-user login of phone. Android OS is open sourced so anyone can freely customized or upgrade it without needing to poke in the dark like iOS. Even without rooting you can do more on Android that you can with any jailbreak iphone.

Some of you brought up certain apps that are available for iOS but not on Android. Technically all those apps can be ported to Android if the developer wanted to. But the reverse is not true. There are many types of Android apps which cannot be ported to iOS (even with jailbreak-enabled device).

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden

The Nexus 7 is made by Asus and branded as an Asus product. The Nexus 5 is made by LG and branded as an LG product. None of the accessories are made by Google either. Here is the SAMSUNG Chromebook. None of the hardware sales go to Google. None of the production costs are paid by Google. Google doesn't make or sell hardware. This is a well established fact. If you don't want to believe it, then you are the one living in a fantasy bubble. The only thing Google provides is the software, and they do that for free. Show me the quarterly report for Google Inc. where they show their hardware sales revenues...oh wait, you can't. Chromecast is essentially a read only USB dongle, it's not a piece of proper hardware.

Apple assumes the costs of manufacturing and components and sells an Apple branded product, and you pay Apple for an Apple product.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe

i dont know what is "high quality" to you, but expensive isnt a synonym for high quality. Last ipad i had was Air, and not sure how an earth this product was ever let out from a factory. rebooting, crashing, memory low warnings... after few months apple was able to fix the rebooting issue.. still they are issues left. i already sold mine on summer. that was/is pretty "high quality" product, right?

only apple product i like is mbp, and i have one (mbpr). but again that wasnt cheap, so im expecting to get some quality. however, my zenbook, which is already two years old, about the same price, has higher specs, quality level is the same, and because of having higher specs, it is still better... but i dont complain, everyone knows that apple doesnt sell best specs stuff - or you need to double the sum you pay...

my "user experience" with apple starts from 2000 with macs that i had to use at the university and that experience was several "galaxy errors" during a day :D

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden

Nope. I actually mean that Google doesn't do ANY business in hardware at all, literally. They receive no revenues and bear no costs in the hardware realm. They are not a manufacturer of hardware. Period.

jonbravo77

macrumors 65816
Feb 20, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
IMO there is no reason to choose Android over iOS. I've had both and find the iOS ecosystem to be far better than Android. My parents have the Note 2 and I am getting them to switch over because they are frustrated with Android and it irritates me when I have to fix their phones.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
...break the security of the super-user login of phone...

That is the exact definition of hacking. Both Jailbreaking and rooting are the same thing. A Jailbreak is a root of an iPhone. Both void the warranty of the phone in question and both are circumventing the manufacturers intended use of the product. There is zero difference. Just because it is slightly harder to do on an iPhone doesn't make the process any more or less of a "hack".

Some of you brought up certain apps that are available for iOS but not on Android. Technically all those apps can be ported to Android if the developer wanted to. But the reverse is not true. There are many types of Android apps which cannot be ported to iOS (even with jailbreak-enabled device).

Listen to yourself, I don't think technically means what you think it means. Technically, any piece of software can be ported to any platform if the source code is available. How is the reverse not true? Would love to have an example.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Not arguing that at all. I agree.

But for him to say Google doesn't sell hardware is a complete and utter fallacy.

I'll try a last time. The only piece of hardware Microsoft sells is the Surface. Microsoft doesn't sell laptops or desktop computers. They are in the software business, they never sold hardware until the Surface and before that the Zune.

Correct?

In the exact same way, Google is not in the hardware business. The only piece of "hardware" they sell and are listed as the manufacturer of, is the Chromecast dongle. That's it.

Microsoft is a software and services company, that's where they make their money (Windows, Office, Sharepoint, etc).

Google is a web search ad company that uses services whose sole purpose is to collect data used to fuel their ad business, because that's where they make their money (Gmail, Google Docs, Android, ChromeOS, Google Drive, etc - all free to the private consumer).

Apple is a hardware, software, and services company. They make their money in every segment, but the lion's share comes from the hardware they sell. Then comes services (iTunes, App Store, Beats, iCloud) and software a distant 3rd (Final Cut Pro, etc.) which has diminished greatly because they have gone to bundling a lot of titles with the OS in recent times (iWork, iLife, OSX updates and upgrades, etc).

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
The Nexus 7 is made by Asus and branded as an Asus product. The Nexus 5 is made by LG and branded as an LG product. None of the accessories are made by Google either. Here is the SAMSUNG Chromebook. None of the hardware sales go to Google. None of the production costs are paid by Google. Google doesn't make or sell hardware. This is a well established fact. If you don't want to believe it, then you are the one living in a fantasy bubble. The only thing Google provides is the software, and they do that for free. Show me the quarterly report for Google Inc. where they show their hardware sales revenues...oh wait, you can't. Chromecast is essentially a read only USB dongle, it's not a piece of proper hardware.

Apple assumes the costs of manufacturing and components and sells an Apple branded product, and you pay Apple for an Apple product.

Well, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss and you appear as blissful as they come. Let me quote Google's CFO from the earnings call of Q1. BTW, I'm sure you probably didn't know this either; Google acquired a couple of hardware companies called Nest and Motorola. And guess what? They make 'hardware'and are 'owned'by Google. But I digress.

Rumors that Google is planning to kill off its Nexus device program have been circulating recently, but if the company's comments today are any indication, it doesn't look like the program is going away anytime soon. During a conference call for the company's fourth quarter earnings report, Google CFO Patrick Pichette noted numerous times that the Nexus 5 was a "very strong" performer for Google.

Pichette stopped short of saying exactly how many Nexus 5s the company actually sold, but in addition to the Chromecast, which was noted as Google's best selling product all quarter, he said the company was very pleased with its sales. "We had great momentum on the Nexus 5 and Chromecast," noted Pichette. Apps and content sold through the Play Store were also highlighted as strong revenue drivers for the company. Though Google does sell a few Chromebooks through the Play Store, Pichette said most of them are sold through third parties, like Amazon or Best Buy, and Google doesn't see as much revenue from them as it does with Nexus devices.

The Nexus program has traditionally served as a way for Google to provide reference devices with the latest version of its software to developers. Starting with 2012's Nexus 4, Google has also used it as a way to make high-end devices more accessible, by pricing them far below competing phones. The Nexus 5, introduced last quarter, sells for only $349, compared to the $649 an iPhone or Samsung device might command.

Though hardware and Play Store sales still pale in comparison to what Google brings in from advertising sales, they are among the fastest growing sources of revenue for the company. Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo, which never produced any profit and in fact lost the company $384 million last quarter, have had many questioning if it would remain in the hardware business at all. But based on today's call and earnings report, it seems the program is here to stay.

But you obviously know more than Google's CFO. /sarcasm

----------

Nope. I actually mean that Google doesn't do ANY business in hardware at all, literally. They receive no revenues and bear no costs in the hardware realm. They are not a manufacturer of hardware. Period.
You truly are hopeless. Even when proof is in your face you deny it. can't discuss anything with people that bury their heads in the sand. done with you. Out.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Well, as the saying goes, ignorance is bliss and you appear as blissful as they come. Let me quote Google's CFO from the earnings call of Q1. BTW, I'm sure you probably didn't know this either; Google acquired a couple of hardware companies called Nest and Motorola. And guess what? They make 'hardware'and are 'owned'by Google. But I digress.

Though Google does sell a few Chromebooks through the Play Store, Pichette said most of them are sold through third parties, like Amazon or Best Buy, and Google doesn't see as much revenue from them as it does with Nexus devices.

The only sales they take in are through the Google Play store where they take a cut of the revenues. It is the same business model as Apple uses when they take 30% on the App Store. Apple doesn't claim that they are the software developer for all the millions of Apps there either.

Google saying they are the manufacturer of the Nexus devices is disingenuous. Its just not true. Their "sales" of hardware is a revenue split they take from devices sold on the Google Play Store. Since Nexus devices are only available there, that is the revenue they get to "claim" from the sales of hardware.

Note how the key thing said in the quote above is that they didn't record very much in the way of Chromebooks because they were mostly sold at 3rd party sales outlets. If those products were truly Google-owned and manufactured, they would still be able to record those sales on their own financials. It speaks volumes that they cannot.

Google's sale of Motorola to Lenovo, which never produced any profit and in fact lost the company $384 million last quarter, have had many questioning if it would remain in the hardware business at all.

I was aware that they already sold Motorola and got out of that business as fast as they could. You make a good point with Nest, but the point remains that Google's business is not hardware, and more than 90% of their revenue is ad revenue again after this sale. Chromecast and the Nest products are little niche items. In addition, Nest doesn't even have anything to do with Google's software or services - it is an outlier, like Oculus Rift.

You truly are hopeless. Even when proof is in your face you deny it. can't discuss anything with people that bury their heads in the sand. done with you. Out.

When the hardware is branded as another manufacturer's, and when you can't claim any revenues made outside of your own storefront, then the proof is in the pudding.

Truefan31

macrumors 68040
Aug 25, 2012

But you obviously know more than Google's CFO. /sarcasm

----------

Those are bad examples really. The hardware is still wholly designed and built by other companies. And nest and Motorola were acquired by google yes but please don't act like google created their hardware.

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
The key is to become a smartuser of dumbdevices, compared to a dumbuser of smartdevices. And for this, Android devices and Intel-based Windows 8.1 tablets are the best, iOS is the worst.

By dumbuser of smartdevices I mean a user who's completely locked in into an ecosystem, a cobweb of clouds, lack of file system, restricted apps, proprietary file formats, fashion before functionality, zealotism before rationality. In this case, the device is smart in a sense that it's like a spider spreads a web and catches a dumb fly and jumps on it and drinks its blood.

And by smartuser of dumbdevices I mean a user who's free of any ecosystem, doesn't use any cloud, uses local storage instead (with syncronization between devices using either direct copy or Dropbox), app store without gestapo, common file formats, funtionality before fashion, rationality before zealotism. In this case, the user is smart in a sense that he's like a horse rider who uses horses for his purposes and can change horses if needed.
Hmmm, I don't really fit into either of your stereotypes fully. I am an iPhone user but share more characteristics of your second example, 'smartuser of dumbdevices'.

I am not locked into iOS really as I don't really use iCloud apart from to back up my contacts and a couple of photo albums. I could walk away from the iPhone tomorrow and easily pick up another device without losing too much except for maybe 5 apps that I have paid for. I was previously on Android so still have my Google Play login. With all this said you would probably ask why I have an iPhone? Well because I like it. It is a nice device to use and does all the smart tasks well. I've found it more stable than my previous Android devices and its let me down far less too. That is just my personal experience and many I know have had problem-free experiences. Good for them, they know what they like.

I think the fact is 'you' cannot judge a device for the whole market when basing it on your personal preferences. Fashion before functionality is absolute nonsense. If the iPhone was really that bad at getting the regular tasks done, there is no way so many people would invest into it and certainly not just because it looks nice. Not everybody out there is a geek who likes messing about with the file system on their phone and having endless hours of fun installing custom appearances. For many people it is a tool and fulfils the regular smartphone demands is a simple and effective way. I wouldn't suggest it is better than Android or inferior because we all have different needs.

I'd love to understand why so many Android users feel they need to justify why they think the iPhone is so rubbish? Is it a constant niggle that needs to be addressed to see off any doubt in their own purchase? If I had a penny for every person I've seen who judges iPhone users as being non techy-savvy people who only buy it for the brand, I would be a rich man by now. It is about as absurd as suggesting people only buy Android phones because they can't afford iPhones. Elitism at its worst.

mrex

macrumors 68040
Jul 16, 2014
europe
I'd love to understand why so many Android users feel they need to justify why they think the iPhone is so rubbish? Is it a constant niggle that needs to be addressed to see off any doubt in their own purchase?

no, it is because iBoys always ask why, and when you explain it, they ignore all because apple doesnt have those features. then they come here and say iphone is so expensive that you cannot afford it. eh? it is like talking to a wall...

The-Real-Deal82

macrumors P6
Jan 17, 2013
Wales, United Kingdom
no, it is because iBoys always ask why, and when you explain it, they ignore all because apple doesnt have those features. then they come here and say iphone is so expensive that you cannot afford it. eh? it is like talking to a wall...
It sounds like you are as bad as them then.

You can't force your demands on others and always expect them to agree they are missing out, especially if the demands are subjective to your usage.

I have seen plenty of Android users explain why they feel Android is better, but if the reasons they give are totally irrelevant to me then I always point out that the views of both of us are subjective. If you say its 'like talking to a wall' because you can't convince them, firstly why bother and secondly consider that your reason's might be solely personal. Food for thought.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.