Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
They're quite depressing looking, such a large contrast from last year. Just an observation. I guess this is the direction they went because vibrant geometric or paint wallpapers have been beaten to the ground.

Edit: I must say, I really like the direction they took. Especially with the plants, it's unique.

img_00021.png

img_0003.png

Last edited:

apple-silicon

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
They're quite depressing looking, such a large contrast from last year. Just an observation. I guess this is the direction they went because vibrant geometric or paint wallpapers have been beaten to the ground.

Yes, please post. I want some. :) :) :)

The two promotional ones the first one and the purple flower.

kmj2318

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
Naples, FL
I've been looking for a way to get access to the files but I can't find one. Apparently these images are in a root file which can only be accessed if it's jailbroken. :confused:

LordQ

Suspended
Sep 22, 2012
If anyone could share the very first one (the violet starry one) for iPad, I would be deeply thankful.

Regbial

macrumors 6502a
Jul 10, 2010
Is there a way to back up the previous iOS wallpapers? (As to use them in later iOSs?)

apple-silicon

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2014
^ Other thank just downloading them from the internet? iOS 7's are all over the place. They usually just use a program to get the wallpapers off of the phone. Probably iFile or something.

Btw, my great friend was able to take a screenshot so we can see it up close.

tumblr_nbo2eqLGG51sfb7xio2_1280.png

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
The trees one looks great. But the mountains on the third one don't pair very well with my setup. I really like the mountain wallpaper that comes with the iPad, wish they'd adapt it for the iPhone.

cmichaelb

macrumors 68020
Aug 6, 2008
Italy

Edit: I must say, I really like the direction they took. Especially with the plants, it's unique.

It's quite the change from iOS 7- you are spot on. It really stands out but in line with some of the questionable design choices for the iPhone 6 body.

phillytim

macrumors 68000
Aug 12, 2011
Philadelphia, PA
There's only a select couple that I like (the dark solar system and Earth outline); the rest are crap for me. Either too bright or too feminine.

Hollowman

macrumors newbie
May 27, 2013
A
There are no new dynamic wallpapers? Unless this is a joke, in which case, I get it..

It was, I just find it silly how apple introduced 1 dynamic wallpaper (in different colours) a year ago and we haven't seen a single new one since.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
A

It was, I just find it silly how apple introduced 1 dynamic wallpaper (in different colours) a year ago and we haven't seen a single new one since.
Probably something they didn't really think would take off and seemingly it didn't so they haven't really bothered doing anything more with it.

MinEderPlayz

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2013
Hamburg, Germany
Probably something they didn't really think would take off and seemingly it didn't so they haven't really bothered doing anything more with it.

Wouldn't it be cool to have a dynamic wallpaper that works like the opening flower on :apple: Watch? Or your location on earth? (In case you forget.) I'd love to see those integrated into iOS.

Also, I'm assuming they have these dark wallpapers because they want to showcase iPhone 6 and it's black-friendly display. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.