Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LadyX

macrumors 68020
Mar 4, 2012
It's very clear from the first email you got. You used a forwarding address. Apple does not allow that.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
It's very clear from the first email you got. You used a forwarding address. Apple does not allow that.

That's weird though, I tried it last year for the iPhone 5S and it worked. But it was the Chinese Apple Store.

shenan1982

macrumors 68040
Nov 23, 2011

See, this whole thread should be closed and locked. The buyer\OP violated the terms of the Apple Store. They're admitting to using a forwarding service to circumvent the policies and procedures of the Apple Store. If you're buying with the intent of export, it violates many policies of many merchants. Apple has launched availability IN 9 countries, and clearly this person is trying to defraud Apple's system. Yeah, it's fraud. They're using an address where they don't live and know the purpose of the address is to pay a company to export the phone and violate Apple's policies.

If the OP had just read the referenced policy, they'd have seen what they were doing was against Apple's terms of sale.

This drives me nuts. Sorry, but Apple did the right thing. They offer the phone in 9 countries. This is no better than those people who pay people to stand in line and buy 20 phones to ship to Nigeria.

flipshot

macrumors 6502a
Jul 30, 2007
Hertfordshire, UK
That's weird though, I tried it last year for the iPhone 5S and it worked. But it was the Chinese Apple Store.

Sometimes it will slip through. I ordered an iPad 1 from the US Apple Store to the UK when it first came out and got through. Others using the same forwarding company weren't so lucky and had theirs cancelled.

Harmonious Zen

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2013
Lol, I'm always dumbfounded by people who don't read carefully. As others have said, the issue clearly is not with your credit card, it's with your shippjng address. You're shipping it to a freight forwarder and that's against Apple's policies.

Dunbar

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2010
Los Angeles, CA
It's funny that the OP wasn't even honest with us that they were attempting to deliver it to a freight forwarder to export it out of the country. It would've been much easier to answer the question if they were up front about what they were trying to do.

Sanooya

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2012
I paid using an overseas credit card with an overseas billing address, is that not allowed somehow ?

Edit -

I got the following email :

The problem is not in your credit card or the matching

It's in the shipping address, it must be an actual real address.

They don't ship to addresses that belong to shipping addresses (Aramex S&S, MyUS, Borderlinx) & others

Rarely it will go through but It's not guaranteed (5% maybe)

I know so many people whom their orders cancelled because of this

I was going to try my luck too. But then I used my friends address, studying in US.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
It's one thing when they are different addresses in the US but entirely another when one is in another country.

This. The issue is not mismatched addresses, it is the out of the country billing address and US shipping address. It raises red flags.

RMSko

macrumors 6502
Sep 3, 2010
Strange - I just looked at my CC and I don't even have a temp authorization yet. My order is from Apple and says "processing Items - Pickup: Available 9/19". Any thoughts?

Last edited:

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I remember shipito had a new address that apple still did not had on the freight forward database but that was a while ago.

Just ship it to a friend of family and have then re-ship to your company address.

pinkat

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
I placed my order last Sept 15. At first I placed freight forwarder address but upon learning they wont allow that I changed it with my Aunt's address in the US. However I can no longer change the billing address which is the billing address of freight forwarder. Will apple cancel my order sooner or later? Til now it says processing.

gabo864

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2012
As far as I know they don't accept international credit cards. I have tried this before and didn't work. I called apple and they said it has to be purchased with a U.S. credit card otherwise I had to go through my country's Apple Store website.

julesgold

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2014
Why don't you buy it through eBay US? I know a lot of people from eBay sell overseas. Yeah it's going to be more expensive, but it's an option.

DblHelix

macrumors 6502a
Mar 19, 2009
They noticed that you used a shipping company that forwards packages and not a residential (or business address). From your OP and the last post, it looks like you're trying to buy the iPhone 6 from the US store but have it delivered over seas. Apple saw what you were trying to do and cancelled your order.

Your best bet is wait until the IP6 is available in your country.

Bingo. I do the same when selling on ebay. It seems every time I sell an iPhone I run in to this issue. I only accept payments in US funds, will only sell to US based buyers, and only ship in the US and not to re-shippers. I have been burned too many times that I have to protect myself.

pinkat

macrumors member
Sep 29, 2014
I bought from apple sg using international credit card and it's successful. Not sure with apple us store though. Do you guys have any idea as to when will apple probably will cancel my order? It's still says processing.

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
I bought from apple sg using international credit card and it's successful. Not sure with apple us store though. Do you guys have any idea as to when will apple probably will cancel my order? It's still says processing.

Under processing for a day or two, then gets cancelled.

Tumeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
Hi,
I just ordered full-price T-mobile in apple store website.
I put my friend's home address in the US as a shipping address. However, since I am not from the US, I use my international credit card (not US credit card). Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?
After I ordered it, I got an email from apple that my order is being processed.
And I checked my order status and it said : "Processing Items" and it said "Delivers : Oct 29-Nov 5". Does that mean that my transaction is succesful? Thanks

kalebnate

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 11, 2014
Hi,
I just ordered full-price T-mobile in apple store website.
I put my friend's home address in the US as a shipping address. However, since I am not from the US, I use my international credit card (not US credit card). Will they cancel my order due to not using US credit card?
After I ordered it, I got an email from apple that my order is being processed.
And I checked my order status and it said : "Processing Items" and it said "Delivers : Oct 29-Nov 5". Does that mean that my transaction is succesful? Thanks

You will know in a day or two.

Erasmus

macrumors 68030
Jun 22, 2006
Australia
Do you know anyone in America that you trust? Family? Friends?

Get them to buy it for you, and post it to you.

Tumeman

macrumors newbie
Sep 25, 2014
I'm hoping you are right because it's been weeks and they haven't cancelled it yet. Crossing my fingers. Hoping to be successful.

I guess we are having the same situation by using international credit card in US apple store. I have a question for you. Did apple store already charge your credit card bank? I checked with my bank and they said that apple store charged me $0. I don't understand what that means. Why would they charge me $0 meanwhile my transaction is actually $1027?
Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.