Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
My guess is that we will see two 13 inch models of the white MB by the fall.

CPU speed will be the difference.

Low end will be $799 or $899, and the high end one $999.

shady825

macrumors 68000
Oct 8, 2008
Area 51
My guess is that we will see two 13 inch models of the white MB by the fall.

I was thinking yesterday they might possibly bring back the BlackBook just to give people the choice of a MacBook instead of forcing the white one on people.

ditzy

macrumors 68000
Sep 28, 2007
The thing about this thread is that most people don't take into account that most people are on a budget. $200 more for a product that doesn't really do much more, is enough that many would still buy the macbook.

QCassidy352

macrumors G5
Mar 20, 2003
Bay Area
how are they going to sell macbooks now, 99% of everyone will opt for the "pro" for $200 more and so many more features...

Um... and you think they either haven't thought of this or are going to be alarmed by it...?

US$999 + Always had FireWire + 9400M G

Why spend more?

Who cares what the last generation had? Now the al-books have FW800 and the white books have FW400.

And why spend more? How about:
- faster processor
- aluminum body
- FW800
- LED screen
- backlit keyboard
- 8 GB RAM ceiling
- SD card slot
- multi-touch trackpad

gnasher729

Suspended
Nov 25, 2005
and when i say macbooks, im referring to the white ones since aluminum ones are apparently "pro" now. why dont they just call the imac the imac pro now too? same thing. but back to my topic, how are they going to sell macbooks now, 99% of everyone will opt for the "pro" for $200 more and so many more features...

That way Apple can say "we have MacBooks for under $1000" and still sell much more expensive ones.

The point is that it doesn't matter how many MacBooks Apple actually sells. If you go to an AppleStore, you see the MacBook for $999 and you like it, and then you see you can get a MacBook Pro for $1199 and you prefer that, and then you see a different MacBook Pro for $1499 and that is even better, and in the end you end up buying the one for $1799 - well, the MacBook sales numbers will look bad, but Apple is actually very fine with it.

okatidubi

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2008
I'm pretty sure they kept it because it is cheap to produce and it's sort of a interim netbook until the tablet or whatever comes out.

However, I don't think the tablet should replace the MacBook line. The MacBook line is perfect for people and students like me who just want to surf the web, watch movies, MSN, taking notes and stuff.

The backlit keyboard, multi-touch trackpad etc is a nice feature but we don't really need it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.