Things I love about my Apple Watch!

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Rangers94, Apr 28, 2015.

1. Rangers94 macrumors regular

Rangers94

I have the 42mm SG Sport and I'm loving my Apple Watch. It already feels like an extension of myself and I feel naked without it on my wrist now. It's not perfect but for a first gen product I'm very happy with it. We've only had a taste of the possibilities of this watch. The future is very bright. Ok, things I love about it..

1. Quick text response
    2. Being able to receive or dismiss phone calls without reaching for phone and although speaker volume is low for phone calls a quick 10-20 sec hello works.
    3. Tapping the date on watch face (complications) and seeing my calendar schedule for the upcoming week.
    4. How light it is.
    5. Being able to see how many calories I've burned and steps during the day is a motivator to stay active.
    6. Easily setting stopwatch or timer (I use this a lot)
    7. Notifications without having to take phone out

I've noticed that I grab for my phone a lot less which prevents me from getting distracted from other things like FB, Instagram etc. and that's a good thing! What are some of your favorite features

2. flur macrumors 68000

Thanks for posting this. It's always great to see positive threads in here. Hearing what other folks love just gets me more excited to get my watch. It's being held at UPS right now - I get to pick it up after work today!

3. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

Agree... I don't do Facebook, but I'm staring at the Twitter feed so much less.

i love everything about it too so far... Very impressed with battery and I'm not at all a light user. Battery level before sleep/overnight charging has been:

40%
    31%
    33%
    46%

4. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

Nice! What model did you go with?

5. dedufour41 macrumors regular

dedufour41

Rangers1994

I'm a huge Rangers fan as well... Can't believe they're playing the Caps again!!
    Hope Zuccarello returns sometime this series??

6. Cabby macrumors regular

I'm always curious what people are doing using a stopwatch all the time, to the point you want the stopwatch or timer accessible from the watch face. What are you timing constantly?

7. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

Nice! It wouldn't seem right if we didn't have to go through the Caps to get to the Cup. Doesn't look good for Zuccs. Believe he has a concussion and you know how cautious they are with those these days...bummer!

8. dannyyankou macrumors 603

dannyyankou

9. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

I'm into fitness and diet etc...I like to time my meals so they're spread out and like to keep track when I ate last instead of having to remember the time.

10. flur macrumors 68000

38mm SS with the classic leather band. Super excited!

11. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

Hopefully you guys can make it to the Finals to face us this year. :p

12. susan12369 macrumors 6502

I've used the timer a few times, when cooking mostly, because it's easy to get Siri to set the timer on the watch.

I also love the camera remote, think that's a very cool feature that I haven't heard much about.

The activity circles definitely help keep me motivated! I have an office job and often don't get up enough throughout the day - NO MORE! :)

13. Passante macrumors 6502a

Passante

I use it for cooking, although I press the digital crown to get that function.

14. gloomcookie1 macrumors regular

I am definitely digging the :apple:Watch! I got the Silver Sport with white sport band.

Things I love:

1. Notifications are pretty awesome. I turned to twitter a while ago for my news so I can see the headline and decide whether I want to read it or not and being able to do that on the watch is awesome.

2. I love the taptic engine too. I know some feel it's too light but it seems good for me.

3. Lark - awesome fitness app for someone like me that is not into notating everything by calories, etc. I think Lark was made for the watch.

4. Maps is pretty awesome too, I used it this weekend and it worked very nicely.

5. Apple pay was nice - I used it at the grocery store and used it at Starbucks.

Reading some articles I found a cool app called History Here and looking forward to other apps that take advantage of the watch. I'm super excited about the prospect of things that can be done with it.

15. Rangers94 thread starter macrumors regular

Rangers94

How much did maps drain your battery? I would think that would put a big strain on the battery.

16. simonx314 macrumors regular

I love how delivered it is. Sorry to all you other folks still waiting.

17. hthodges macrumors newbie

Brewing a cup of tea.

18. aawil macrumors 6502a

aawil

I'm really loving it is an Apple TV remote. I haven't seen too many people mention it. Only bad thing is it doesn't turn it on.

19. oftheheavens macrumors 68000

downloaded history here base on your post. this will be awesome for road trips or what ever! Not going to leave location based services on all the time though cause I don't think that it will be friendly with the battery, could be wrong though.

20. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Lot of us including myself really do like our watches. Don't listen to all the naysayers.

21. simonx314 macrumors regular

Go to the settings on your Apple TV and set it to never sleep, then your Watch can always control it. That's what I did and it works great. Another tip for controlling your TV is to go to Settings on your Watch > General > Activate on Wrist Raise > Resume To > Last Used App. Now when you raise your wrist it will show the TV remote (if you were using it last), so you can tap to pause without even looking. This is great if you need to walk to another room of your house for a moment and want to pause your TV show.

22. Alith macrumors 6502

Would have liked dictation to kick in during Apple TV searches, like the keyboard does on the remote app for iPad/iPhone.

23. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I have a support job where I bill by time spent. So I always start the stopwatch prior to starting my work, and stopping it when I'm done (or if I'm interrupted). Having the stopwatch on my wrist is great!

24. Sophrosyne macrumors member

Meanie!