Things that weren't fixed yet [iOS beta 6 with iPhone 5]

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by mr.lavender, Aug 31, 2013.

1. mr.lavender macrumors newbie

The last beta came almost one week ago, and now the GM is coming out. I don't think it was ready.

Now to list the things that weren't ready yet. Will they be fixed in the GM.

On your keyboards!

2. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's been over 2 weeks since beta 6.

3. madsci954 macrumors 68030

Apple has everything they need to finish iOS 7 and squish the bugs before the GM launches.

4. iphonehype macrumors 6502

Well...I seriously doubt they'd be drinking coffees all day and watching the iTunes festival....I hope they don't then we are all screwed....:(:apple:

5. rtomyj macrumors 6502a

rtomyj

Things that aren't fixed?
    The search bar to see if a topic is already being discussed.
    Some kind of keyword catch that prevents people from posting similar things over, and over and over...
    Anything else? Discuss...

6. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

This is why it hasn't been released yet. The bun is still in the oven.

7. mr.lavender thread starter macrumors newbie

Well when I was on it..

+Safari was unusable.
    +Calendar was hard to read.
    +Podcasts wouldn't work.
    +Fast forwarding and rewinding any videos caused immediate crash
    +Maps Siri would repeat things over and over
    +Cannot switch between apps quickly

I'm sure there's more. And if all of this gets fixed in a couple weeks, I'll be surprised.

Good luck.

8. nikicampos macrumors 6502a

-The title of your thread sounds like we are in Public Release.

-While you were on it? You're not even on iOS 7 beta, who knows if you tried beta 6.

-There's debug code in betas, so, yeah, that slows things down.

-Couple of weeks? beta 6 came out 17 days ago, plus 10 days (if they release the gm sept 10, that's 27 days of work for the GM, and if you consider that beta 6 was only a 15+ MB update, thats gives another extra 9 days since beta 5, that's 36 days of work for a GM.

-Getting the GM ready, it's not about luck.

9. mr.lavender thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, all of this was in the iOS 7 beta 6. Of course.

Well see what bugs were patched.

10. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

Are you talking about iPhone or iPad? If iPad...yeah, they started later for the iPad, so, I'm not sure how it will work exactly, but, when they do GM for iPhones, there will either be a beta 7 for iPad or they will do 2 GMs for iPad:confused:

If this all happens on your iPhone, then it's either an older model or an older beta, ...beta 6 works pretty well on my iPhone 5...it's a bit glitchy, and can, on occasion, respring itself for no apparent reason, but, not as bad as you state here. Podcasts app was updated and not as buggy as it was. I don't have any major issues with safari, and siri is better with beta 6 than previous betas. Yeah, it's not finished, but, betas are out there for developers to help them get their apps ready for the finished version of iOS 7, not for consumers to evaluate.

11. mr.lavender thread starter macrumors newbie

We're talking about the latest stuff here.

iOS beta 6 with iPhone 5. Of course, what other things did you think I was talking about?

All these bugs are the current ones. Older models may be even worse but I don't know. No one has stated that.

12. benji888 macrumors 65816

benji888

What did I think you were talking about? Well, things I had issues with PREVIOUS to beta 6. Because, these are not current bugs, but previous ones.

When I put beta 6 on, it was before they posted this:

"This update addresses an issue with iTunes in the Cloud, where some purchases may download or play unexpected items. If you have any devices running previous versions of iOS 7 beta, you must:
    1. Install iOS 7 beta 6
    2. Install the ResetMusicAndVideosLibraries configuration profile
    3. From Settings > Music, tap the Reset Media Library button
    4. Restart the device"

Did you do this? I did, and had less issues after.

These are not current bugs for most using beta 6 with iphone 5. So, :confused:

You may need to update to the latest version of podcast app, because, while I did have problems with it, the update seems to have fixed things.

What about icloud keychain? if you started to activate and had issues, you need to either turn it off or go through the entire process to get it on. I went back and went through the entire process and no longer have issues with it...while in a previous beta I tried enabling icloud keychain and had issues with passwords and other crap.

Those things just sound like pre-beta 6 issues to me. IDK, maybe it's a carrier thing...I'm on AT&T, are you Verizon or other? maybe GSM phone is better than CDMA?

13. mr.lavender thread starter macrumors newbie

Noooo, um, we'll just have to wait for Apple to fix this stuff. We're talking about the most recent beta. We're not talking about the early betas.

14. Di4mondz macrumors regular

For some reason, sometimes my Messages app crashed when I press to go into a conversation when I get a new message sometimes..I have to restart the phone in order for it to not crash. If I just search or create a new message from the person who sent me the message, the app crashes.

15. C DM macrumors Westmere

The vast majority don't experience any of these issues, and some experience only some here and there at most. Sounds like the majority of issues are more related to your particular case in one way or another than where iOS 7 is currently for most.

16. ciacorp macrumors member

birthdays are still displayed wrong in contacts.app (1 day too early!)

17. mr100percent macrumors newbie

mr100percent

For the iPad, beta 5/6 unleashed some new problems. Using a smart cover would cause backboard to crash, forcing a reboot. Five-finger pinch to home screen causes the device to hang or kick you to a wallpaper-only screen and the device becomes unresponsive. iTunes WiFi sync still is broken and has been since the first betas.

18. paulkerdot macrumors member

Messages crashes for me too

19. stooovie macrumors 6502a

I get occasional respring on phone calls on my i5. Other than that mostly trouble-free. The iPad 4 is horrible still, though. A glitchy, unstable mess. I I know it's beta, but it's a little bit worrisome this late in the game. Yeah and Airplay is erroneous and unstable.

20. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

I'm running beta 6 on my iphone 5, and I have none of these problems. Runs very well for me, no crashed or lagging at all.

21. Joaolx macrumors member

Joaolx

Am I the only one with a smooth Beta on iPad? Everyday I read problems that I never had.
    My experience with Beta 6 on my iPad has been better than iOS 6 except battery life which is expected. But beyond that, multitasking is faster and one or two apps that sometimes used to crash in iOS 6 have never crashed in iOS 7.

22. furam90 macrumors regular

Still too much white. What they did with settings app was a good start. They should now do that with the rest of the OS.

23. AaronMT macrumors regular

AaronMT

I'm a developer that has filed over two dozen bugs. Almost all of them have not been triaged yet or commented on. I'm very concerned that the backlog of issues filed is tremendously large and that we'll likely resort towards frequent firmware updates in the coming months. At this point I do not think iOS7 is ready for release and it's a shame since they are under deadline this month.

24. Spacial macrumors 6502

I believe Apple will get most of it ready, an OS revision this significant is sure to ship with bugs, they always do. But Apple is quite diligent when working on updates to push out. No OS is perfect nor 100% bug free. It's too much to expect perfection, plus that would be awfully boring. :)

25. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

It's already been mentioned that your experience is different from the vast majority (including mine). Did you do any kind of a restore at all? That can cause some of the issues you mentioned. Put iOS 7 Beta 6 on and set it up as a new phone and see if you can reproduce the issues.