Things you wanted to see added to ipod Touch (2009)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laserfox, Jan 9, 2009.

1. laserfox macrumors 6502

laserfox

I figured things have gotten quiet on the basic tools missing from the ipod touch, so I hope this serves as a reminder for users to submit feedback!

1. Music search-- I hate having to scroll through stuff to find a song esp if I don't remember the album name. Searching by key word would make life easier.

2. Email multiple pictures at once-- Its already annoying that i can't attach pictures from within the mail app, but now I have do repeat the process according the number of pics I need to send!

3. Push Notifications for IM programs etc--I am a multi-tasker, maybe I want to browse safari while I chat with a friend.

4. Copy/Paste--While I've gotten used to the fact that it's not there, I still do find myself trying to copy a quote from a news article. Bummer.

5. Make the ipod touch bluetooth compatible so I can attach my keyboard. Useful to take class notes etc.

6. Landscape keyboard should be available in ALL apps, not just the app store developers apps, but the apple's own notes and MAIL app.

7. Running APPs in the background. I shouldn't have to resort of jailbreaking to listen to internet radio and surf the web!

What are your 2009 requests. Remember to leave feedback on the apple website. Maybe they will listen and try to implement some of these software improvements.

2. Beric macrumors 68020

Beric

Some sort of capability of drive powerpoint presentations via a projector would be nice. A laptop is often inconvenient to bring.

3. AngryApple macrumors 6502

I would like copy/paste. I'd probably rarely use it but it would be nice.

4. harry20larry macrumors 6502a

harry20larry

Street view!
    I would love to see Apple utilize the fm transmitter inside it to allow you to play music through your sterio

5. icypsp macrumors newbie

Walkie Talkies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How cool would it be to have a built in mic or a external mic the same size as my wireless fm tunner and an application that gave your ipod touch or phone a walkie talkie feature.
    I swear I am the first to think of this and I want to share it to the world.
    Someone please make my idea come true. :D:D:D:D

6. sjleworthy macrumors 65816

sjleworthy

7. Dejavu macrumors regular

Dejavu

Faster processor and triple the cache memory.

8. PeteB macrumors 6502a

PeteB

You can do this for KeyNote presentations - there's an App available.

For myself, I'd like true BlueTooth file transfers. Also, I'd like to have Safari be able to save files to the device and to be able to view QuickTime/MPG files without being told that I can't.

9. hlr element macrumors member

faster, better battery, and the things you said... the normal stuff... o, and how about a metal that isn't softer than your nails? lol... a camera around 2mp would be awesome... doesn't the iphone even only have a 1mp? wth is with that.

10. kshat28 macrumors member

Nope the iPhone has a 2mp camera

11. hlr element macrumors member

o... ok... well, better than i thought... still kinda sucky though lol... 3mp would be great.

12. MacNoobie macrumors 6502a

MacNoobie

What I would like to see is a connected touch, maybe some deal with at&t/t-mobile/verizon thats extremely cheap I'm talking 5-10 bucks a month for data only. Something to cruise the net/check weather etc that isnt horribly expensive and keeps the touch connected online cos finding wifi (at least for me) sucks. The other thing I'd like is a speaker built into the touch something akin to the iPhones speaker that I can listen to tunes and not have the headphones on all the time.

Beyond that COPY & PASTE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is it because blackberry holds the patent on mobile copy&paste because i'd be easy to do.

13. iMacmatician macrumors 601

A camera. And the obligatory capacity doubling.

14. laserfox thread starter macrumors 6502

laserfox

If you have a gen 1 ipod touch, you can jailbreak and enable street view. I did, came in handy many times on my ipod touch. I agree, though that apple should enable it.

Wireless syncing would be sweet! Not back up, that'd take terribly long and probably waste the battery, but dding a song or two from itunes.

I'd also like to edit multiple playlists on the go, much like the way you can edit playlists wireless from the ipod touch including renaming playlists andsearching for a song right from the remote app!

15. Freshmixture macrumors regular

Freshmixture

1. Camera
    2. GPS
    3. Copy/paste
    4. Mic
    5. Bluetooth
    6. Improved iCal

16. JoshJosh117, Jan 12, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2016
  17. Topper59 macrumors member

definetley

i would love to just have data on my touch, after all, the only reason i would get an iphone would be for web browsing

18. rubbar macrumors newbie

Open-source o_0

--I know it's a bit of a long shot but lets be honest--it's full potential could be utilized for anyone. Already it can produce music and take measurements, why not take it further?

Battery

--Just asking for an improved batter life isn't enough--I want something that can do 24 straight hours of WiFi or Video

Alternative chargers

--As I'm sure many of us have noticed many old Ipod chargers/accessories don't charge the touch. So why not have some alternatives? Like. . .
    -Bicycle handlebar mount w/ alternator
    -Hand Powered Charger
    -Solar Array, for those clear days

A laser
    --'nuff said

My watch has it, and so should the iPod Touch
    --I have a Tissot t-touch and with it is included a thermometer, barometer, altimeter, and a compass. If it had those we wouldn't need wifi for the weather report.

Just some thoughts.

19. hlr element macrumors member

... maybe put in a razor blade for shaving and a james bond style shocking prong thingy... lol, a laser would be cool... but then there are those jerks in highschool who think it's cool to shine a laser in your eyes...

20. Eärendil Guest

And then there are those jerks in high school who think it's cool to use the razor for other things other than shaving aka as stabbing a classmate or self harm. :p : P

21. rubbar macrumors newbie

A while back on newegg they actually had a laser pointer attachment. . . Wonder if they still have it?

/edit well, just google it and you'll find it ;p

22. pye46 macrumors newbie

A way to pause and skip songs without using the touch screen. Perhaps a way to change the external volume button to pause/skip if the user wanted that.

23. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Uhh... here we go!
    - Street view
    - Copy/paste
    - Apps Running in the background - unfortunately this would take up more ram.
    - Push - Also more ram
    - iWork
    - Ability to use as external drive

Those are the software changes I have been waiting for an expect in the near future, although iWork may be awhile.
    I wasn't expecting GPS or much other hardware improvements like that back in September.
    In fall '09 I expect a camera, better battery, and more ram. I mic is doubtful since they just put it on a new product.

24. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I would love this feature. It is such a pain to tap the Home button twice real fast and then touch the screen in just the right area without accidently changing the volume...all while in the middle of a jog. I feel like this could easily be implemented. Such as holding down the volume up button for 1 second will skip to the next track. Play/Pause isn't a huge deal for me. If you want to pause you can always pull out the headphones.

Also another huge feature I would like implemented is keeping certain apps connected when you are browsing another app. A perfect example of this is AIM. The point of having AIM is so you can leave it running and people can contact you when they want to. You shouldn't have to have that being displayed at all times in order to be connected.

Another good feature someone mentioned was a data plan through AT&T or some other company for $10-20 a month.

25. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Works with 2nd generation iPod touch
    http://www.apple.com/ipod/inearheadphones/

Ever heard of the iPhone SDK?
    How about sharks with fricken laser beams (and a million dollars)?