Things you would like to see in iPhone OS 3. beta 2

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by thisisarcadia, Mar 22, 2009.

1. thisisarcadia macrumors 6502

a few things i would like to see is more reliable SMS app, non buggy GPS, and my sound to not quit for no reason at all! Post your opinions...

2. richg916 macrumors regular

It is a BETA. What did you expect??? Perfection first time around???

3. cridiron macrumors member

Give him a break. He did not say anything about expecting perfection. He's simply stating a few very reasonable bug fixes that he'd like to see in the next release of the software.

4. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Bug fixes! That's all. I'd also like for them to change the icons of Phone, Messages and Voice Notes to something more eye pleasing.

5. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Please, no more about icons. You've said enough.

6. sergiuria macrumors 6502a

sergiuria

+1

7. richg916 macrumors regular

Should probably have a vote on the icons!:)

8. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Holy crap. A thread about what I would like to see in the next beta release and I tell you. What the heck is wrong with that? I'm simply stating my wishes.

I'd also prefer the send progress bar to look like my mock-up. It looks really weird at the top.

Edit: I tweaked my mock-up to include some transparency. I really like this better than the progress bar up on top. Also, when it's on the top, it covers up the person's name... I think that's a design flaw. So I made this mock-up to avoid that.

Attached Files:

9. kenkamm macrumors regular

A bit off topic, but I can't help myself. Is there a way to add someone to the ignore list such that you don't see ANY evidence of their posts, or any posts that quote their posts? I ignored a certain user, but it still indicates that the user posted. :mad:

10. TheSpaz macrumors 604

TheSpaz

Why is it so hard to just skip over my posts. The OP asked a question and I gave my answer. It wasn't a super long drawn out post... I simply said what I wanted and that's that. Why do people get so bent out of shape over that?

11. kenkamm macrumors regular

Because you post the same drivel, over and over and over, in multiple threads, and sometimes even start new threads so as to multiply your presence even more. It's tiring. It's actually difficult to ignore you.

12. lftrghtparadigm macrumors 6502

The "I desperately want you to read what I wrote" avatar doesn't help either

13. bradenwh macrumors 6502

With this many people getting TIRED of your posts, do you ever think it possible that we're all not crazy and you actually do post very annoying things? I know it's almost impossible for you to be wrong and everything, but listen to the people.

14. Zorn macrumors 6502a

Zorn

Honestly the featureset in 3.0 is fantastic, I just want to see bug fixes. As it stands I need to soft reset my phone on the order of 10x a day, just because the keyboard will randomly become unresponsive in the Messaging app. Also, my Maps program simply is locked up and does not work, despite many resets of the phone.

15. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

An NDA so we don't have to hear about the extra apostrophe in one line of code that some guy in Branson, Mo., found. It was neat finding out the new features in the first two or three days, but now it seems to be some programmer ubernerd fantasy.

16. MacFly123 macrumors 68020

They did change the Phone, Messages, and iPod icons. They now have light pinstripes on them and they didn't before.

I do think the bubble on the messages icon and the mic on the voice memos icon are a bit big though. They are like the Google app, the G is way too big and it looks awkward.

As for your mockup of the messages progress bar. I don't really like it at the top either, but I don't really like your solution (no offense) because it takes up more space from the interface unnecessarily. What if they put the progress bar in the actual bubble after it pops up and when its sent the text appears again?! :) Oh and I want the iChat WOOT sound back when it is sent. I like the audible confirmation!

17. slapppy macrumors 65816

Finish the job

Apple needs to finish the job of having sync Notes and ToDo's. It's still beyond me why Notes can now sync yet ToDo's is still read only on the iPhone.

18. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (white): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Here's a friendly tip to make being on the boards a more pleasant experience: I adblocked that avatar about a year ago. Worked great! ;)

19. Pooshka macrumors 65816

- call blocker (or at least option for no ringtone)
    - dock with stacks
    - scrolling song titles in iPod
    - ability to delete entire photo album
    - ability to empty entire mailbox
    - functional "Show SMS Preview"
    - Mail filtering, rules
    - ability to disable iPod cover flow, landscape keyboard

20. wil49 macrumors member

Reduction of the 100 devices per developer, some are abusing this for their own greed. More of an effort to stamp out jailbreakers.

21. Knowlege Bomb macrumors 601

Knowlege Bomb

:confused:

Why? What are we doing that's lowering your quality of life?

22. koobcamuk macrumors 68040

koobcamuk

You're the resistance against Big Brother™.

23. cal6n macrumors 68000

cal6n

Woah! Nice tip. I'd not thought of that. Thank you.

24. wil49 macrumors member

It doesnt lower mine, but a 3rd party app virus could lower yours :eek:

25. powaking macrumors 6502

powaking

How about turning off sound notifications during periods of time. I use my phone as an alarm but heck I don't need to hear that I got an email at 11:30 at night when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Does anyone know if you can create complex reoccurring appointments in calendar? Like say the 2nd Thursday of each month?